2Likes
  • 2 Post By dew42

post #1 of 6 Old 03-08-2017, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 71
2017 3D 4K Panasonic EX750

Panasonic's top LCD model for 2017, the EX750, is available as a 50, 58, 65 and 75-inch 4K TV with active shutter 3D glasses.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/p...vs-2017-4k-hdr

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1402...ex600-compared
vitop and EVERRET like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-08-2017, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I had no idea there were any 4K 3D Tvs even made.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-09-2017, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitop View Post
I had no idea there were any 4K 3D Tvs even made.
You might have misinterpreted 3D on a 4K TV. 4K TVs with 1080p 3D have been around for several years, but many manufacturers are not including 3D now with their 4K TVs. Panasonic is still including it on one of their 2017 TVs. There is no "4K UHD 3D" as the industry decided it wasn't needed. It's 1080p 3D implemented on a 4K TV screen. All 3D bluray players only do 1080p 3D, and all 3D movies are encoded in 1080p frame-packed 3D 24fps. Some will have a 4K upscaler for 2D video and also support true 4K UHD 2D video, and that's it.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-09-2017, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
You might have misinterpreted 3D on a 4K TV. 4K TVs with 1080p 3D have been around for several years, but many manufacturers are not including 3D now with their 4K TVs. Panasonic is still including it on one of their 2017 TVs. There is no "4K UHD 3D" as the industry decided it wasn't needed. It's 1080p 3D implemented on a 4K TV screen. All 3D bluray players only do 1080p 3D, and all 3D movies are encoded in 1080p frame-packed 3D 24fps. Some will have a 4K upscaler for 2D video and also support true 4K UHD 2D video, and that's it.
ok, that's kind of where I thought it stood, although a technology called Ultra 3D seems to be able to do it in any resolution without glasses. I actually called and spoke to them. THey claim they are working with all the major TV manufacturers, but that probably just means they are being evaluated. Doesn't mean anyone will pick them up.

Also, I thought Samsung did a no-glasses demo only about a year ago. I don't remember if that was at 4K or not, but somehow I thought it was. Then they dropped the technology also, so the future is definitely cloudy.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-09-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
ok, that's kind of where I thought it stood, although a technology called Ultra 3D seems to be able to do it in any resolution without glasses. I actually called and spoke to them. THey claim they are working with all the major TV manufacturers, but that probably just means they are being evaluated. Doesn't mean anyone will pick them up.

Also, I thought Samsung did a no-glasses demo only about a year ago. I don't remember if that was at 4K or not, but somehow I thought it was. Then they dropped the technology also, so the future is definitely cloudy.
For passive 3D. Manufacturers use the 2160 vertical pixels and mask (polarize) 1080 for one eye and 1080 for the other. The 3840 horizontal pixels are extrapolated from 1920 pixels. So there are two horizontal pixels for each 1080p 3D pixel to work with. For shutter-glass 3D, there are 4 pixels per one 1080 3D pixel to work with. So there is going to be some upscaling and sharper imaging with 3D on a 4K TV (which has 8K total pixels to work with). That's how I understand it works.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-09-2017, 10:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:

Right, the site claims up to 2160p in 3D for Izon glasses free models. I don't know if this means upscaled or native 2160p, not much info on their site. It does mention 3D display modes like top/bottom side by side and frame packing. Frame packing would just be 1080p. Unless it supports top/bottom full it might just be upscaled 4k which isn't really 4K 3D. Glasses free screen I'm sure is different than passive or active so really don't know.

This line intentionally left blank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page