1Likes
  • 1 Post By Exist_To_Resist

post #1 of 3 Old 03-12-2017, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 5
C6 vs e6 for 3d

So I'm getting either a oled e6 or c6 pretty soon, and i've been debating on a variety of items trying to figure out which one to get.

In your opinions does the curve of the oled c6 do anything to make 3d better, and also if any of you have watched sports on does the curve distort the lines on say the football field any?

My main reason for upgrading now and not waiting until 2018 or later is because I want a perfect picture 3d setup to replace my older LG ed setup.

the only other item i've really doubt to be different between the 2 seems to be one less HDMI port on the c6 model, and i think only 2 of the 3 HDMI ports support hdr on the c6, not sure if this is the same on e6 model.

if the prices were the same on both displays which would you get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-20-2017, 04:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by bf15 View Post
So I'm getting either a oled e6 or c6 pretty soon, and i've been debating on a variety of items trying to figure out which one to get.

In your opinions does the curve of the oled c6 do anything to make 3d better, and also if any of you have watched sports on does the curve distort the lines on say the football field any?

My main reason for upgrading now and not waiting until 2018 or later is because I want a perfect picture 3d setup to replace my older LG ed setup.

the only other item i've really doubt to be different between the 2 seems to be one less HDMI port on the c6 model, and i think only 2 of the 3 HDMI ports support hdr on the c6, not sure if this is the same on e6 model.

if the prices were the same on both displays which would you get?
I bought my 65C6 for the 3D. The curve is slight and the TV sits at an angle which I heard was to help the 3D effect. I don't know if the E6 is set back also. The C6 and the E6 have the same processor, which is better then the B6.I don't notice the curve when watching head on and when you get your OLED it will take 100 too 200 hours for the picture too settle down. I also used ratings.com setup for my C6.Besides one being curved and the other not, there is no difference between panels. I got my 65C6 way cheaper, then the E6 was at the time, I bought mine.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 178
I recently purchased the E6 the non curved unit., I did this because passive 3D is no more next year.
In the process I had to actually sell a 7 month old LG LED 3D TV (UH8500) to buy this one.
I'm glad I did.

You can't go wrong either way curve or no curve.
The curve much like HDR is/was a gimmick to sell panels.
Because the curve is gone away, you might find a curved unit for a really good price.
I think either way you're going to be blown away with the picture quality on the LG OLEDs and the curve is not going to matter.
I have seen one of my friends Samsung UHD panels with a curve, it's very subtle and not very noticeable.
Having said this I'm not sure how the curve affects reflections or 3D, considering it has 3D it shouldn't.
Also the coating on the panel really cuts down on reflections.
I had my unit in the direct sun and I was still able to watch the content.

Having said this the curved unit was not a choice for me.
It just doesn't appeal to me.
EVERRET likes this.

OLED is a game changer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page