LG OLED65E6P 3D Cross talk/Ghosting - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-22-2017, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 3
LG OLED65E6P 3D Cross talk/Ghosting

I feel I am at least 12 feet away while viewing, yet, from the lower left bottom of the screen, there is intermittent ghosting with either subtitles and image.
With either letterbox aspect ratio and full screen 16:9
Has anyone experienced this phenomena with your LG? Is there maybe an adjustment?

Picture looks great except bottom left hand corner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I don't have the OLED set I have the 55UH8500 and I have the same phenomena you are experiencing except on my set it's the lower right corner. While I can freeze frame the picture and manually adjust the view point and get rid of the cross talk for the current scene, then the next scene will be all messed up. I haven't been able to find any adjustments that get rid of all of the cross talk. Many scenes look great throughout the whole screen and then the next scene looks bad. From what I've read it seems to be a common issue with many of the LG sets but everyone seems to have a different affected area.

R. B.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-25-2017, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreambo View Post
I feel I am at least 12 feet away while viewing, yet, from the lower left bottom of the screen, there is intermittent ghosting with either subtitles and image.
With either letterbox aspect ratio and full screen 16:9
Has anyone experienced this phenomena with your LG? Is there maybe an adjustment?

Picture looks great except bottom left hand corner
My LG OLED 65e6p has not exhibited cross talk or ghosting. I am referring to this specific screen size and model number and not to any others. The usual suggested fix is to tilt the TV up or down or change the seating position. It is possible that the polarizing filter was not properly installed in your TV.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha

post #4 of 4 Old 05-25-2017, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by retromzc View Post
I don't have the OLED set I have the 55UH8500 and I have the same phenomena you are experiencing except on my set it's the lower right corner. While I can freeze frame the picture and manually adjust the view point and get rid of the cross talk for the current scene, then the next scene will be all messed up. I haven't been able to find any adjustments that get rid of all of the cross talk. Many scenes look great throughout the whole screen and then the next scene looks bad. From what I've read it seems to be a common issue with many of the LG sets but everyone seems to have a different affected area.
This seems to be the defacto state for LG. I had been hopeful that OLED was immune...

If you open up the
on youtube (with the rabbit), and engage 3D SBS mode, it tests out the angle and grey-to-white and white to black crosstalk areas of the polarizing filter for that TV. I haven't seen any TV pass this test, so, YMMV.

Since it's a forced test, this purely tests the crosstalk filter. LG examples have the inverted V filter, which only delivers 3D to the left and right 'chevron' or inverted V of the screen depending on viewing angle.

LG support might be helpful, maybe not. My three calls to their customer support were concluded after I sent in images, ie with no reply. your mileage with OLED might be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page