1Likes
  • 1 Post By tomtastic

post #1 of 8 Old 04-27-2017, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Talking 3d dual play xbox one

I recently seen a video showing dual play for LG (I know im years late lol). I have a Panasonic Viera ST50 and was wanting to know if i would be able to do this? If so will my current 3D glasses work? Please Help

For those who dont know what dual play is:

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-27-2017, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
AFAIK, dual play is only for passive screens so if you have glasses that require batteries then it won't work, unless they make active dual play glasses...?
SHOWM3URBO0BYZ likes this.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-27-2017, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
AFAIK, dual play is only for passive screens so if you have glasses that require batteries then it won't work, unless they make active dual play glasses...?
I seen a video that it's possible. From what I can see is that I have to take apart the glasses and make on pair left lenses and the other right. I will try to get this done tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 8 Old 04-27-2017, 10:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Dual play can be done with active glasses - Sony at one point sold a small 3dtv that did that. The glasses themselves were aware and would switch automatically, but to so this required Sony all he way - Sony console (PS3), Sony display and Sony glasses.

It works by taking advantage of the fact a 3dtv sends two images - so you can use it to be two different players by sending a 3d signal and using special glasses that blank on opposite eyes.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-28-2017, 03:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The thing shown in the video isn't proper dual-play : it's actually forcing dual-play mode on a regular split screen game (not designed for dual play). As a result the picture is stretched. You can see the cars are squashed horribly.
On the surface, it looks like it might work, but actually playing with a squashed screen is very disturbing.
In racing games, all your marks are completely wrong and you have to re-learn all the tracks.
In shooters, aiming is very hard because your joysticks do not affect the vertical and horizontal axis normally. It's like if you had to re-learn how to aim.

Doing proper dual-play requires the game to implement the feature properly by rendering the image squashed to make sure the final stretched picture ends up with the proper ratio.

Passive 3D, forever !
My Full-HD dual-projector passive polarised 3D setup. (really out of date ! I need to update it some day...)

post #6 of 8 Old 04-28-2017, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
i did see a pair of RF glasses for certain model PJ's on Amazon which were active but that was it. I doubt those would work with your display so I didn't bother posting it. Yeah, if you take two glasses and switch them, use two left, two right eyes in each. They would have to be wired together so they'd flash at the same time, also the lenses are usually shaped one way for left and one way for right so not sure how they would go together right in frame?

edit: ok active different than passive, just need to rewire in the glasses right? So they'd flash at same time for left or right view, not reframe the lenses, sorry.

This line intentionally left blank.

Last edited by tomtastic; 04-28-2017 at 06:02 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-09-2017, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Hey guys sorry for the late update! Made 2 pairs of glasses and they work great. However when I start the game (black ops 2) I only get a few seconds before it goes to split screen. If I stay on the weapon select screen it works fine until someone selects a weapon then it will go to splitscreen. Any ideas why?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
post #8 of 8 Old 05-25-2017, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWM3URBO0BYZ View Post
Hey guys sorry for the late update! Made 2 pairs of glasses and they work great. However when I start the game (black ops 2) I only get a few seconds before it goes to split screen. If I stay on the weapon select screen it works fine until someone selects a weapon then it will go to splitscreen. Any ideas why?
because you're forcing 3D SBS or HOU mode to work with the game, doesn't mean the out-of-game menus will be split screen.

Likely, you have to switch back to non-3D and then switch back to 3D occasionally when you hit pause or go back to the weapon select screens, in which case, you're going to have to disable 3D, then re-enable when you get back to combat.

I'd say in a 3D game, it would be ideal if it were a horizontal split screen view, since OU gives you more lateral space of the horizon line for running around, the stretched view would work out.

But, you'd have visual glitches, no doubt.

does have local co-op split screen, as does Halo MCC, Battlefront, Rocket League (SBS), Borderlands 2 (SBS)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page