Rembrandt 10.1 inch 3D Android PC Tablet - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-13-2017, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rembrandt 10.1 inch 3D Android PC Tablet

I see another 3D device that is now on the popular web auction site that I am considering - but I wonder about it. A Rembrandt 10.1 inch 3D Android PC Tablet. It has a 10.1 glasses-free display. That is a very big size for a 3D glasses free display. Now I realize that the glasses free 3D functionality only occurs during the play of 3D videos and 3D pictures, but still that is pretty nice. Just wonder if anyone else has seen videos on this device, or knows about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-14-2017, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
http://rembrandt3d.com/media-2/rembr...ndroid-tablet/
Interesting, it doesn't mention anything about playing 3D thru side by side or top bottom 3D formats or youtube. Wondering if it's just 2D to 3D conversion. They have a 3D conversion box as well I see. If it played 3D from those formats this would be nice to have. Priced at 349.00.

Edit: ok, I see it does in fact play 3D from those formats:

d) The 3D Maestro Tablet supports playback of pre‐recorded and downloaded 3D stereoscopic content as found on Web Sites such as You Tube, from Blu‐ray, DVD, and from the SD card.

Also has two camera sets front and rear for native 3D capturing.

Screen is 10.1 resolution 1280x800 so basically 720p. Rear camera is 5MP. (Not sure if it accept .mpo 3D files.)

This line intentionally left blank.

Last edited by tomtastic; 05-14-2017 at 09:41 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-14-2017, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
Neat. If they make a high res version it could make for some interesting DIY hackable VR stuff.

The tech from auto-stereoscopic 3D displays (glasses-free) can in theory be adapted to VR helmets to allow you to focus on two planes which allows you to have 3D objects get really close to your face. Right now you can't focus really close because the VR display is only a single layer, so your focal distance is fixed.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-14-2017, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
So I looked at their other product offerings and they make full size monitors/TV displays 23" up to 65", they don't indicate price but these are also glasses free. So here is another TV manufacturer offering 3D screens still. They appear to be made by Phillips. There are also the Izon glasses free screens plus Panasonic still has their glasses models, not sure if they're for sale here in US, last I checked I couldn't find them.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-14-2017, 10:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Philips is the originator of a lot of these technologies - they were doing a lot of the research behind them when they halted and everyone in the division got laid off. Some went off to Dolby and incorporated the technology into Dolby cinema glasses free 3D. Others went off and formed their own company to further the R&D which was acquired by StreamTV (they named the technology Ultra-D) and then these guys. No doubt it works, the question is how refined it is. Though at 720p screens, I can't imagine they refined the technology much farther than what Philips had when they stopped.

720p on a 10.1" screen ... What is this, 2012?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page