LG OLED55E6P crosstalk / ghosting 3D - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-05-2017, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs down LG OLED55E6P crosstalk / ghosting 3D

Hi all

I'm playing Ant-Man 3D on my LG OLED55E6P and I've noticed significant crosstalk / ghosting. Playing the movie from the blu-ray disc off my Xbox One S. TV is mounted flat and I'm sitting dead centre quite a few feet away.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Mo

LG OLED55E6P HDR 3D

ONKYO HT-S7800 5.1.2 Channel Dolby Atmos Home

XBOX S ONE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-06-2017, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
FYI for anyone interested: I tried Iron Man Blu-ray 3D and it looked perfect. Only possible explanation is the source Ant-Man blue-ray not working well with my system.

LG OLED55E6P HDR 3D

ONKYO HT-S7800 5.1.2 Channel Dolby Atmos Home

XBOX S ONE
post #3 of 5 Old 07-06-2017, 12:03 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Strange. Did the XB1S kick the OLED into 3D mode for Ant-Man?

Reboot the XB1S?

OLED55E6P 609, XB1S, Comcast, Roku 2 (4210 build)

post #4 of 5 Old 08-04-2017, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by htn00b View Post
Hi all

I'm playing Ant-Man 3D on my LG OLED55E6P and I've noticed significant crosstalk / ghosting. Playing the movie from the blu-ray disc off my Xbox One S. TV is mounted flat and I'm sitting dead centre quite a few feet away.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Mo
Explanation could be the angle in which you're viewing it. I have the exact same TV and the 3D is stunningly clear. With passive 3D technology it is important that you view the screen while on the same vertical plane, meaning you must be eye level and very close to perpendicularly level in relation to your screen. If you are viewing from a lower or higher level than your TV, you most certainly WILL get crosstalk. If your TV is wall mounted and a little higher than eye level, I'd suggest adjusting your mounting bracket so that the screen is angled slightly downward to face where your eyes are when seated. If you're currently looking down at the TV (as in standing in front of a low mounted TV), you'll see crosstalk as well. But if your eyes are at the same height level as the screen, you'll be treated to the best 3D I've seen on any home flat panel TV, bar none. Strangely, off to either side, left or right, has no or minimal affect on the crosstalk. Only the vertical angle has any real effect.

Anyway, try that and see how it improves your picture. It's a bit of a challenge to position the TV so that your viewing angle will be directly and vertically facing your audience's eye level, but you'll find it's well worth it. I love mine. Beats all others in 3D quality.

Hope that long explanation helps.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-12-2017, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I found I had to experiment a bit with both distance and height. For my LG OLED, my eye level needs to be at the bottom third of the screen to get great 3D and sit at the distance I wanted (10 feet). Though I have about a 2.5 degree downward tilt on the screen (to avoid collecting dust on the screen), the center is still above my eye level.

I know someone with the same TV and his screen is lower but I think he is further back. Sitting on the floor against the couch is no good for his screen. About where I would want to be for mine. I suspect the sweet area varies a bit for each TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page