Not Getting Prefect/Accurate 3D Quality/Effect - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-19-2017, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Not Getting Prefect/Accurate 3D Quality/Effect

Hi, Greetings..
hope are active members of this forum/community are fine..

i have issues with my 3D viewing.. so, that's why i seek some expert's suggestion.

Sir, i have purchased a very high end (award winning top model of 2016) LG OLED65G6T 65inch TV. (9999AUD)
and also purchased best 4k Blu-ray player Samsung UBD-K8500. (299USD)

now when i tried to view 3D movies on my my player. It seems to me i am not getting perfect/actual 3D effect.

In some cases depth seems to be fine but there is no (very hard to find out) pop-out (by pop-out i mean it's looks like something getting out of TV screen).

I hope i don't have to explain what is pop out effect as almost every 3D fans knows what is it.

I purchased original 3D Blu-ray disc just to get best 3D and picture quality . but i am not getting it.

so, i can't figure out where is the problem is it on my TV setting issue or the player setting issue.

i have attached both (TV And 4K Player) settings picture/shot.

FYI: 1. I have set HDMI Deep Color on, though i even tried with DEEP Color OFF. No difference.
2. There is a option to convert frames 24 to get better quality, i don't know whether that one is the culprit..
3. To be sure, i have tried Amazing Spider Man 2. I also seen this movie on theater. On theater there are a lot of pop-out effect on very first action scene. But on my TV no pop-out at all.
4. When i start playing 3D movie, my TV detect 3D signal automatically and switch on 3D Mode Automatically.
4. I am out of ideas...

so, any help would be highly appreciated

thanks in advance
best regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Config-1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	2246089   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Config-2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	2246097   Click image for larger version

Name:	4k Player Config-1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	2246105   Click image for larger version

Name:	4k Player Config-2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	2246113   Click image for larger version

Name:	4k Player Config-3.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	2246121  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-19-2017, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I don't understand the first two images. You have 3D off and dual play on??? Try 3D ON and dual play off. With your 3D glasses off your face, you should see two mixed images? Are they close together? If yes, then try adjusting the parallax to make the images farther apart. The LG will try to adjust the images to force as much as possible behind the stereo window. Go into Picture Mode settings, then 3D Settings, then 3D Mode--select other genre modes and test them and see if that makes a difference. Popouts on a smaller screen don't have the same impact as in the theater, especially if you are sitting more then 10 feet away from the screen. Try to get closer to the TV without seeing 3D crosstalk, and see if that makes a difference.

Those other modes like trumotion to avoid 24fps judder and color options will not make a difference. It's just the way the LG adapts 3D L/R images to make sure that the infinity of the images (the farthest objects in the view) are no wider than the width of your eyes to avoid eye turn out. When watching with your glasses off, do you see the L/R images moving closer and farther apart as the scene changes? That's what I'm talking about.

Last edited by 3DBob; 07-19-2017 at 10:39 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-20-2017, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
I don't understand the first two images. You have 3D off and dual play on??? Try 3D ON and dual play off. With your 3D glasses off your face, you should see two mixed images? Are they close together? If yes, then try adjusting the parallax to make the images farther apart. The LG will try to adjust the images to force as much as possible behind the stereo window. Go into Picture Mode settings, then 3D Settings, then 3D Mode--select other genre modes and test them and see if that makes a difference. Popouts on a smaller screen don't have the same impact as in the theater, especially if you are sitting more then 10 feet away from the screen. Try to get closer to the TV without seeing 3D crosstalk, and see if that makes a difference.

Those other modes like trumotion to avoid 24fps judder and color options will not make a difference. It's just the way the LG adapts 3D L/R images to make sure that the infinity of the images (the farthest objects in the view) are no wider than the width of your eyes to avoid eye turn out. When watching with your glasses off, do you see the L/R images moving closer and farther apart as the scene changes? That's what I'm talking about.
Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

Here is few answer that may help out:
1.You have 3D off and dual play on???
ans: nope 3D gets automatically on when displaying 3D content. I Took that picture while tv displaying 2D content. Hope i am clear? and also Dual Play is Off.

2. you should see two mixed images? Are they close together?
ans; Yes they seems very closer to each other.

3. Popouts on a smaller screen don't have the same impact as in the theater?
ans: Sir, sorry to say, but smaller screen? i think 65inch for a home video is max size? (at least in my country)

4. especially if you are sitting more then 10 feet away from the screen?
ans: nope sir, i am sitting within 10feet. However, my Samsung manual said, to get best 3D effect you should be sit 3 times from the TV screen. So, 65x3=195/12=16.25 feet?

thanks again for your kind reply..

best regards

post #4 of 4 Old 07-20-2017, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiamComputer View Post
Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

Here is few answer that may help out:
1.You have 3D off and dual play on???
ans: nope 3D gets automatically on when displaying 3D content. I Took that picture while tv displaying 2D content. Hope i am clear? and also Dual Play is Off.

2. you should see two mixed images? Are they close together?
ans; Yes they seems very closer to each other.

3. Popouts on a smaller screen don't have the same impact as in the theater?
ans: Sir, sorry to say, but smaller screen? i think 65inch for a home video is max size? (at least in my country)

4. especially if you are sitting more then 10 feet away from the screen?
ans: nope sir, i am sitting within 10feet. However, my Samsung manual said, to get best 3D effect you should be sit 3 times from the TV screen. So, 65x3=195/12=16.25 feet?

thanks again for your kind reply..

best regards
When I meant larger screen, I meant a projector-based screen or theater screen. Sitting within 10 feet will give you better popouts, whereas sitting further away will give you better depth perception. Have you tried changing the 3D modes to see if you can change the parallax (width between the L/R eyes) of the image? Also, the Samsung 8500 bluray has a screen size adjustment, not sure if that makes a difference for 3D, but you might try it, also other 3D adjustments if any. And don't call me "sir" that's my dad. We are all equal rank here .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
3d movie , blu ray 3d , blu-ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page