Making your own 3D DVDs or live streaming DVD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-18-2010, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I spoke to a Panasonic rep this week inquiring as to whether their upcoming 3D Camcorder would allow for plug and play 3D video input into Panasonic's new 3D TVs. At least as to being "plug and play" the response was not encouraging. (The 3D camcorder records the right and left images onto two separate SD cards and the two would have to be edited together somehow before they would produce a 3D image playable on a 3D TV even though the Panasonic 3D TVs do have a SDcard slot.) Has anyone here given much thought to what it would take to make your own 3D DVDs using for example two paired video cameras? If not DVDs what about somehow saving 3D files to an SD or other media card that would be either playable when streamed via a computer to the 3D TV or then used to have 3D DVDs created by a professional studio that would eventually have 3D DVD recorders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 PM

Liked: 44
LOL! That's a $21,000 piece of equipment!

Try this:

DXG promises sub-$200 3D camcorder

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-10430234-269.html

Or this:

Capture Your Memories in 3D!

http://www.3dcamcorder.com/
post #3 of 4 Old 03-19-2010, 01:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
According to a Panasonic rep that I talked to at CES, there is already a plugin available for Final Cut Pro that works with the new camera. Supposedly you load both left and right eye sd cards into the computer and the plugin keeps them in sync. I'm not sure how the final video is outputted, but it's something I might be interested in sometime in the future. I've got a feeling that we will see consumer 3D video cameras in the next year or so, and they will probably come with some easy to use editing program.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-20-2010, 07:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire407 View Post

According to a Panasonic rep that I talked to at CES, there is already a plugin available for Final Cut Pro that works with the new camera. Supposedly you load both left and right eye sd cards into the computer and the plugin keeps them in sync. I'm not sure how the final video is outputted, but it's something I might be interested in sometime in the future. I've got a feeling that we will see consumer 3D video cameras in the next year or so, and they will probably come with some easy to use editing program.

Typically, this sort of editing program is very rudimentary. I'd expect other non-linear editing systems to support 3D before too terribly long. Besides Final Cut Pro, expect Adobe Premiere and Avid to support 3D. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Cyberlink PowerDirector with a 3D authoring solution, as well as Pinnacle and other players in the consumer arena. They have to be working on it right now.

Before this, though, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see 3D still cameras making a big splash. I'd buy a 3D still camera, especially if I could display photos on a 3D HDTV straight from my computer. (Both nVidia and ATI are making big noises about the 3D capabilities of their video cards.) Another possibility would be to create a DVD (or even a CD) of 3D stills for playback on a 3D Blu-ray player, just as you can create 2D slide shows for playback on DVD and Blu-ray players today. The possibilities for 3D creation on the computer are very exciting.

Joe Clark

Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page