Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Sony is Developing a 3D Consumer Camera

Quote:
Sony recently revealed news that it is currently developing an all-in-one 3D camera for the consumer. The technology will enable users to create their own 3D content with ease and without the cost professional equipment comes with. Unfortunately, Sony has not yet revealed any details on the technology. All that has been announced is that the project is underway. Sony's President of Personal Imaging and Sound, Masashi Imamura, recently said, I cannot tell the details but we are now developing a 3D type of product.

http://3dguy.tv/sony-is-developing-a...nsumer-camera/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hope you'll be able to watch your home movies in 2D if recorded in 3D. Just in case the whole shebang goes in the crapper and manufacturers stop making 3D displays at some point.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."
post #3 of 5 Old 03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

Hope you'll be able to watch your home movies in 2D if recorded in 3D. Just in case the whole shebang goes in the crapper and manufacturers stop making 3D displays at some point.

Now really, do you think that's going to happen--3D going away? This 3D thing is just getting started, and almost of the negative comments about 3D here are from people that feel like they just spent a lot on their HD setup, so they're not ready to upgrade, and they're pissed that their setups will no longer be state of the art. 3D will be around for a long long time, until there is some sort of holographic display that is totally incompatible with our current tech. Even now, there's a huge number of us that want 3D and are really looking forward to it. I will buy a 3D video camera when it's available, and from then on every video I shoot will be 3D. I'm sure I could play my 3D video on any old tech 2D TV, by just outputting the left or right eye version---like Blu-ray will do. Once this tech is out, it's NOT "GOING IN THE CRAPPER", no matter how many people here hope it does just to protect their feelings about their current gear.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire407 View Post

. Once this tech is out, it's NOT "GOING IN THE CRAPPER", no matter how many people here hope it does just to protect their feelings about their current gear.

My comment had nothing to do with feelings about current gear. My point is that you're dealing with precious memories with these videos. Hopefully they'll design it to be backwards compatible with 2D for safety.

Beta-max, cassette, mini-disc, VHS, D-Theater, HDDVD, etc. Stuff happens.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."
post #5 of 5 Old 03-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
The new 3D blu standard is backwards compatible (you can watch 3-D movies flat with the touch of a button), and the movies even play fine flat on non 3D equipment.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page