Samsung BD-C6900 issues - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 09-02-2010, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I have same problem with my Pioneer receiver, I only get HD sound with PCM option, same for Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA. Has to be the C6900, all other sources work fine.

Any one had a solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 09-13-2010, 08:25 PM

I've had this Bluray player for about a week and encountered two problems. It plays Bluray discs just fine - it won't play DVDs. I tried three different ones and wouldn't even play a DVD that came with my Star Trek Bluray disk.

I'm running the latest firmware and it just won't take a DVD.

The second problem is that it reports that the model number doesn't match the model number on file when I try to download an update through the Internet connection.
post #33 of 40 Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

The update issue happens to me too. I just downloaded the file to a PC and used a USB memory stick to update the firmware. I think samsung has an issue with the update server or something.

The not playing DVD's sounds like a defect to me. It's a different laser, so you might have a defective unit. I would exchange it while you still can.
post #34 of 40 Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboyztn View Post

Help Please....

I connected my 6900 to my LN46C750 last night and have issues. The Apps worked and the wireless internet worked. However, whenever I try to play a 3D Blu, Blu, or DVD I get the message "Cannot load this disc, please check the disc". Anyone know of a fix for this or what is causing it?

Hi,

Yes I bought my BD-C6900 one month ago and this weekend I tried to listen to some music CDs, but I found out that every CD I tried to use gave the same error message: "Cannot load this disc. Please check the disc".

I tried CDs with different media on them, but all with the same result.

The player can read the DVDs and the BDs I have tried so far, but it just wont read any CDs at all.

I have used the software update feature via Internet and 50% of the times I use it it says some bs that the model information is not correct or something like that and the other 50% of the times I use it it says that I already have the latest update.

Anyone have an idéa how to solve this, or am I looking at a player replacement project together with Samsungs infamous support system?

I have a theory of my own.
It says SAMSUNG on the front of it...

/Arn
post #35 of 40 Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Will your TV act as an Audio Amplier so that you can connect it as shown on page 25 of your 6900 user's manual and play your CDs. Very few(if any) TVs will accept audio only content over their HDMI TV interface.
post #36 of 40 Old 10-24-2010, 12:09 PM

I use hdmi directly to the screen and optical digital out to the receiver for the sound, so i usually get sound both in the tv-screen and in my receiver, but when trying to use CDs the player just cannot read them and either says "no disc" or just spits them out.
It is almost new, so why should I have to use a disc cleaner or open it up for dust removal.
And the thing is that dvds and bd play with no problem.
Firmware should not cause issues like this but you never know.
If it was firmware then tens of thousands world wide would have the same problem right now.
Most likely it is a hardware problem that will force me to send it away for repairs.
post #37 of 40 Old 11-05-2010, 05:13 PM

Anyone else having an issue with sound cutting out for short blips during playback of none-3d titles.
post #38 of 40 Old 11-16-2010, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchwallace View Post
Anyone else having an issue with sound cutting out for short blips during playback of none-3d titles.
I recently started having this issue. Playing the DVD "Gladiator" there will be intermittent dropouts of the audio. The disc is clean and I have the latest firmware. The disc plays fine on another DVD player. Bluray discs play fine. What's going on???
post #39 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 12:17 AM

Just a quick one... In another forum it was mentioned that samsung has released a firmware update... It has appeared to fix the issues for me. As well just in case anyone missed it there were about 10 3d releases on Nov. 16th. Open season looks great and the IMAX space looks pretty good though foreground "out of detail and focus" aspects show up as two for us... I assume this is a limitation and does not have to do with our settings but if not please let me know.
post #40 of 40 Old 11-25-2010, 06:55 PM

Has anybody else had the picture blackout during playback? My player loses it's picture for a few seconds 1-3 times when I'm watching 2D or 3D Blu-ray movies. I have the latest firmware and I know it's not my TV or receiver because it doesn't happen on any other sources.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page