Samsung Cut Price, Why Doesn't Retailer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Just curious as to why all retailers that stock Samsungs 3D BD Player don't follow suit and lower their price also. Perhaps they aren't obligated but you would think they would. I got mine from Crutchfield and was waiting to see if they would match the cut but the 30 days for them to do so are flying by.
jbug is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
walford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 16,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Do I understand correctly that after you bought your unit from Crutchfield that Samsung lowered their MSRP to a price less then you paid and that you are expecting a refund from Crutchfield?
walford is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Do I understand correctly that after you bought your unit from Crutchfield that Samsung lowered their MSRP to a price less then you paid and that you are expecting a refund from Crutchfield?

Yes, and why not? They have a 30 day price guarantee (if they lower it you get the difference) but unfortunately they don't price match. I'm just wondering why they don't lower the price now that it's cheaper for them to get it from Samsung. I'm just trying to squeeze every dollar I can out these new purchases (3D TV, receiver, 3D BD Player) I'm making in the name of 3D (lol).
jbug is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 08:28 AM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
You are talking about this article and sale price from Amazon?

http://www.3d-display-info.com/samsu...blu-ray-player

Samsung still shows the MSRP at $399:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...?pagetype=type
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

You are talking about this article and sale price from Amazon?

http://www.3d-display-info.com/samsu...blu-ray-player

Samsung still shows the MSRP at $399:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...?pagetype=type

According to this from 3D Display Info, Samsung cut the price to 359.00.

Samsung slashes 40$ off the BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player
03/31/2010 3D Blu-ray Samsung

Samsung's BD-C6900 is now selling for $359, down from $399. The BD-C6900 is a 3D Blu-ray player with built-in Wi-Fi that can access all sorts of internet sites (youTube, flickr, facebook and others) via customized widgets. It also includes 1Gb of internal memory.
jbug is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
FilmMixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles Area, CA. USA
Posts: 6,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

According to this from 3D Display Info, Samsung cut the price to 359.00.

Samsung slashes 40$ off the BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player
03/31/2010 3D Blu-ray Samsung

Samsung's BD-C6900 is now selling for $359, down from $399. The BD-C6900 is a 3D Blu-ray player with built-in Wi-Fi that can access all sorts of internet sites (youTube, flickr, facebook and others) via customized widgets. It also includes 1Gb of internal memory.

That article doesn't say that Samsung cut the price... only the title of the article implies it with nothing to back it up...

It has a link to Amazon for that price, and it is common for Amazon to offer discounts on most products....

If you did a little more research, even a google search, you'd find that isn't the case.

That link is no more valid a confirmation of a Samsung MSRP price drop than a random post on AVS.


Quote:


I'm just wondering why they don't lower the price now that it's cheaper for them to get it from Samsung

Once again, you are making assumptions that Samsung has lowered their prices to distributors (and once again, that article, outside of the title, has no information to back that up)...

Usually these kind of changes are followed up with a press release....

If you a really determined to get it for 359, you should return yours to Crutchfield and buy from Amazon, or ask Crutchfield to match them...
FilmMixer is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Ok, false info from 3D Display.com that I took for face value. As for sending it back I wouldn't do that especially since I have a 3D plasma on pre-order and you have to purchase the tv and the 3D BD player from the same merchant to get the 3D kit for free. As I said, Crutchfield doesn't price match.
jbug is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
FilmMixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles Area, CA. USA
Posts: 6,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Ok, false info from 3D Display.com that I took for face value. As for sending it back I wouldn't do that especially since I have a 3D plasma on pre-order and you have to purchase the tv and the 3D BD player from the same merchant to get the 3D kit for free. As I said, Crutchfield doesn't price match.

We'll after you've watched the MVA 3D BD, you could sell it on ebay for big bucks and make up the difference (they are going for >$150..)...

Enjoy the plasma.. should be a great unit..
FilmMixer is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Thanks. In light of the PS3 update, I might sell the 3D BD Player instead. I did send that website an e-mail concerning the news they posted on the price slash. I haven't heard back from them though.
jbug is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Member
 
lmz00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

We'll after you've watched the MVA 3D BD, you could sell it on ebay for big bucks and make up the difference (they are going for >$150..)...

That's for new/sealed copies. Who would pay that much for a used one?
lmz00 is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
FilmMixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles Area, CA. USA
Posts: 6,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmz00 View Post

That's for new/sealed copies. Who would pay that much for a used one?

On ebay? I think you'd be surprised.
FilmMixer is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
JOHNnDENVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'd probably have to get a copy if I get my 3D front projector thing going.
JOHNnDENVER is offline  
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off