Originally Posted by Hypeber
I am a noob and want to ask all of you for some professional answers!
DENON RECEIVER 4310CI
OPPO Blu Ray PLayer
Here are some of my questions:
1. What happen if i play a blu ray movie with the oppo? Will it work? If it does, I assume it will not be the best quality, right?
As stated above by JOHNnDENVER
, it will play the 3D Blu-ray in 2D.
2. In order to get the best quality on 3d blu ray? Do I need to get another receiver that suports hdmi 1.4?
For the best quality sound
, yes. Word is, HDMI 1.3 receivers won't pass 3D, therefore Hi Def sound is a moot point. With your PS3, you can bypass your AVR and run HDMI to a display for 3D, and the separate audio output to your receiver, which also means no lossless audio formats will be sent to the AVR.
3. I read that PS3 can watch full 1080p 3d with a fimware update? but i read it on cnet that PS3 wont be able to do full 1080p 3D since it does not support 1.4?
3D is only one part of the HDMI 1.4 spec. The PS3 will handle the 3D part with a firmware upgrade.
4. What is the most inexpensive way to make the 3D 1080p work?
A used Mitsubishi 3D ready TV with the soon to be available adapter, or the cheapest 2010 3DTV you can find, along with bypassing the AVR as noted above, using your PS3 as the 3D source.
5. I also read that panasonic has a blu ray disc player that has 2 hdmi output(one to the tv for picture and one to the receiver.) That will fix my problem? but does it matter what 3d glasses i buy?
This will fix your AVR problem mentioned in Number 2., but will be an additional cost and ignore the capability of your PS3. It might make more sense to purchase a 1.4 AVR as it will switch sources for you as well, enabling you to use a 3D cable or dish box.
The glasses you buy depend solely on the TV. Presently, manufacturers have their own proprietary types, but XpanD is releasing "universal" glasses soon, the X103s. Their X102s are DLP-Link, and work with DLPs w/o an emitter.