Help with software to play 3d files - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2010, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I recently got the samsung pn50c8000, and I have it connected to my PC via a DVI->HDMI cable.

Here's my issue: I have downloaded a bunch of 3D video sample files, but I can't get any of them to play right.

If I copy them to a USB stick and try to view them on the TV, I get "Unsupported Video Resolution".

If I use VLC player to play them, that works (I have to manually set the TV to left/right 3D mode), however the resolution makes them basically unwatchable (there are huge bars above and below the video file - I assume it is trying to scale the 3840x1080 resolution).

If I use the Stereoscopic Player, and set it to left/right mode, it fills up the whole screen perfectly, however it converts the file to the red/blue 3D instead!

So - how do I play these files correctly? Do I need to convert them somehow?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc1286 View Post

Hi everyone,

I recently got the samsung pn50c8000, and I have it connected to my PC via a DVI->HDMI cable.

Here's my issue: I have downloaded a bunch of 3D video sample files, but I can't get any of them to play right.

If I copy them to a USB stick and try to view them on the TV, I get "Unsupported Video Resolution".

If I use VLC player to play them, that works (I have to manually set the TV to left/right 3D mode), however the resolution makes them basically unwatchable (there are huge bars above and below the video file - I assume it is trying to scale the 3840x1080 resolution).

If I use the Stereoscopic Player, and set it to left/right mode, it fills up the whole screen perfectly, however it converts the file to the red/blue 3D instead!

So - how do I play these files correctly? Do I need to convert them somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Stereoscopic Player defaults to anaglyph playback but you can change that. Under the View->Viewing Method menu item, select the appropriate output format for your tv (e.g. Side-by-side).

If you want SP to remember your choice each time it restarts, go to View->Preferred Viewing Method->Choose. In the dialog box that appears, select Playback Options, and in the Viewing Method tab select your preferred method from the drop-down list.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-03-2010, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the help, but I'm trying it now and still can't get it to work right.

The file I have is 3840x1080, and I'm trying to play it on a Samsung PN50c8000 (Plasma 3D TV). Using the Stereoscopic player, I set the Layout to "Side by Side, Right Image First", and the Viewing method to the same.

That seems to work, except the video is not full screen - it has huge black bars above and below. My guess is that since my display is 1920x1080, it is trying to scale the 3840 down to 1920 even though it doesn't need to since the TV is combining them automatically.

How can I turn that off, so that it plays full screen? I tried using the Full Screen Unscaled option, but then it really did make it too big for my screen, and it looked really weird.

Thanks!!
post #4 of 4 Old 07-03-2010, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Got it!! Using what you described and turning off the "Keep Aspect Ratio" setting on the view menu seems to have worked. Thanks again for the help!!
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page