PR is in the spoiler tags

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/27/p...hoice-for-blu/
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

PANASONIC EXPANDS ITS AWARD WINNING LINE OF FULL HD 3D BLU-RAY DISC PLAYERS

DMP-BDT100 Joins Panasonic's Family of Full HD 3D Home Entertainment

SECAUCUS, NJ (July 27, 2010) - Panasonic, an industry leader in Full HD 3D technology, announced today the expansion of its line of Full HD 3D Blu-rayTM Disc players to include the DMP-BDT100. The DMP-BDT100, available in August, joins the DMP-BDT300 and DMP-BDT350 in providing superior 2D and 3D picture quality, as well as such innovative features as VIERA CAST internet functionality. Pricing will be announced at a later date.

The BDT100 continues the commitment to excellence established by the BDT350 which made its US debut at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show, where it received the esteemed Innovations Award for 3D technology.

"From the beginning, Panasonic has led the way into the 3D era with end-to-end solutions ranging from our critically-acclaimed Full HD 3D VIERA Plasma TVs and 3D Blu-ray Disc Players, to professional 3D camcorders and our work with Hollywood studios on the authoring of Full HD Blu-ray 3D video content," said Richard Simone, Vice President, Panasonic Networking Group. "The addition of the BDT100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player to our line-up marks one of many planned expansions of our 3D offerings designed to give consumers more options and greater access to the immersive world of 3D entertainment for the home."

The BDT100 outputs stunning and immersive Full HD 3D imagery to compatible HD displays. The player also handles a wide variety of audio standards, and upconverts all standard definition video formats to 1080p, the highest-possible video resolution. For nearly 20 years, Panasonic has maintained a base in Hollywood, via Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory, where it has actively studied and created high quality image reproduction technologies in tandem with a number of leading movie studios. Many of the advanced image technologies originally cultivated by Panasonic through this experience are incorporated in the DMP-BDT100. Based on these technologies, the DMP-BDT100 reproduces the ultimate in 3D images, rendering them extremely faithful to the original movies.

In addition to producing superb picture and audio quality, the DMP-BDT100, like the BDT350, also features VIERA CAST, Panasonic's proprietary internet functionality, which brings a variety of streaming services including NETFLIX, Amazon VOD, Pandora®, Twitter and YouTubeTM Videos into the living room. Wireless LAN capability*1 eliminates the need to connect a LAN cable, so the DMP-BDT100 can be used without having to worry about the length of the cable.

Users can also watch 2D images (JPEG) and movies (AVCHD*2/MPEG2*2) from digital cameras and camcorders via the integrated SD card and USB slot, as well as 3D Content shot by a Panasonic HDC-SDT750 Camcorder.

Ease of use remains a major consumer concern and the BDT100 addresses the issue of boot up time by reducing the time to 0.5-second.

As a green innovation company, Panasonic also focuses on important environmental issues in its production system. For example, the single chip LSI, UniPhier, is used for image signal processing. Unification of this chip helps to lower power consumption and achieve a more compact design (reducing the DMP-BDT100 size by 1-17/32 inches*3) while also decreasing the burden on the environment by using limited natural resources more efficiently.

For more information on Panasonic's Full HD 3D technology, visit www.panasonic.com/3D.

About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company (PCEC), a market and technology leader in High Definition television, is a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth's natural resources and protect our environment through the company's Eco Ideas programs. Information about Panasonic products is available at www.panasonic.com. Additional company information for journalists is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.

*1 For this function, the purchase of the Wireless LAN Adaptor (DY-WL10) is necessary. This function is not compatible with public Wireless LAN.
*2 SD Memory Card only
*3 Dimension size. Compared with the DMP-BDT350.

DMP-BDT100
Technical Specifications

[High Quality Picture and Sound]
True to Cinema Picture Technology

FULL HD 3D Blu-ray DiscTM Playback (All Models)
Advanced 2D image technology accumulated over the years at the Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory (PHL) has also been applied to 3D image playback, allowing high-quality images to approach original film quality. Lifelike 3D images with enhanced depth, deep color and texture are beautifully reproduced.

PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus
PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus is a high quality image-processing technology developed to precisely process each pixel of the Blu-ray DiscTM video signal in the vertical direction. It reproduces color data with twice the accuracy of conventional systems to keep colors faithful and sharp.

New P4HD Enhanced Full HD Upsampling
With the new P4HD enhanced Full HD upsampling, the standard definition movies in DVD also approaches Full HD quality. The picture is intelligently analyzed to have the best matching process done on each pixel.

96-kHz Re-master
The 96-kHz Surround Re-master function enhances the sound quality of CDs and other sources, and even raises the quality of the multi-channel audio data on Blu-ray Discs and DVDs. It increases the amount of sound information, to produce highly realistic sounds.

*CD sampling is done at 88.2kHz. DivX® can be re-mastered both on DVD and CD whereas MP3 data can only be re-mastered on CD.

[Easy to Use]
0.5 Sec Ultra Fast Booting
The boot time from standby to power-on has been greatly reduced from prior models.

* Your TV Set must be 'ON'. Ready in 0.5 sec from Power Off (with Quick Start Mode).

[Networking]
VIERA CASTTM with Wireless LAN System
With optional wireless LAN adaptor (DY-WL10) plugged into the USB terminal, VIERA CASTTM can be enjoyed wirelessly by accessing to your Wireless LAN router. You can access NETFLIX, Amazon Video on Demand, YouTubeTM and other Internet sites from the special VIERA CASTTM Home screen.

*For this function, the purchase of the Wireless LAN Adaptor (DY-WL10) is necessary. This function is not compatible with public Wireless LAN.
*VIERA CASTTM home screen is subject to change without notice.
*The services through VIERA CAST are operated by their respective service providers, and service may be discontinued either temporarily or permanently without notice. Therefore, Panasonic will make no warranty for the content or the continuity of the services.
*All features of websites or content of the service may not be available.
*Some content may be inappropriate for some viewers.
*Some content may only be available for specific countries and may be presented in specific languages.
*Google, Picasa and YouTube are trademarks of Google Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
*Amazon, Amazon Video On Demand, and the Amazon Video On Demand logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
*Requires broadband Internet service.
*Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
*Be sure to update the firmware when a firmware update notice is displayed on the screen. If the firmware is not updated, you will not be able to use the VIERA CASTTM function.

[Environmentally Friendly]
VIERA LinkTM Reduces Power Consumption
With Energy Saving Mode, power consumption is automatically minimized when VIERA TV's power is turned off with remote controller. The Blu-ray Disc players feature compatible Unselected Device Save*1 which puts Blu-ray Disc players into standby mode*2 when the input switches back to TV after movie finishes.

*1 Available for 2009 and later VIERA.
*2 With Quick Start on.

Features
[High Quality Picture and Sound]
FULL HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Playback
True to Cinema Picture Technology (PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus & Adaptive High Precision 4:4:4)
Enhanced Full HD Upsampling: New P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD)
96-kHz Re-master

[Easy to Use]
VIERA LinkTM*1
Ultra Fast Booting with Quick Start Mode

[Networking]
VIERA CASTTM (NETFLIX, Pandora, YouTubeTM Videos, PicasaTM, etc)
3D Video content shot by Panasonic camcorder HDC-SDT750, Movie (AVCHD / MPEG2) & JPEG View with SD Memory Card Slot
Music (MP3), Photos (JPEG), and Video (DivX®*2 and DivX HD*2) Playback on USB (Front1)

[Environmentally Friendly]
Low Power Consumption 0.1W in Standby Mode with Quick Start Off
Compact Body (W16-15/16 x H1-3/8 x D8-5/32 inch)

*1 Not all VIERA LinkTM features are usable with earlier VIERA LinkTM compatible products.
*2 DivX® is a registered trademark of DivX, Inc., and is used under license.

# # #

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 Old 07-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My guess it's in the sub $300 range.
From the picture.
No 7.1 analog discrete pass thru.

Gen Coupe 3.8 Track w/ bolts-on tune:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 124 Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I wonder if it also supports the checkerboard format.
post #4 of 124 Old 08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Hands on: Panasonic DMP-BDT100 review

http://www.techradar.com/news/home-c...c=rss&attr=all
post #5 of 124 Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post

Hands on: Panasonic DMP-BDT100 review

http://www.techradar.com/news/home-c...c=rss&attr=all

Looks like they are finally showing up. Still not sure if they are checkerboard, though.

http://www.abt.com/product/48350/Pan...DMPBDT100.html
post #6 of 124 Old 08-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead11 View Post

Looks like they are finally showing up. Still not sure if they are checkerboard, though.

http://www.abt.com/product/48350/Pan...DMPBDT100.html

Read ABTs description: It touts twin hdmi outputs?? They must have made a mistake?
post #7 of 124 Old 08-25-2010, 02:53 PM

after reading further in their description it seems they are using the 300's description for this one.
post #8 of 124 Old 08-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
It's not even listed on Panasonic's web site yet.
post #9 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

It's not even listed on Panasonic's web site yet.

It's up now:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702
post #10 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:

I wonder if it also supports the checkerboard format.

I wasn't sure, so I asked their customer support:

Thank you for your inquiry, yes the DMPBDt100 does support the 3D checkerboard format
Thank you for contacting Panasonic

On August 30, 2010 at 9:30 AM, melonhead11 wrote:

Does the newly released DMP-BDT100 support checkerboard format like the BDT300/350? I've got a Mitsubishi DLP model WD-65738 television that I'd like to use with this product. Thanks.
post #11 of 124 Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM

It available from ABC Wharehouse, $249.00.
post #12 of 124 Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshimon View Post

It available from ABC Wharehouse, $249.00.

$249.95 is the list price. If you do a Google search you can find it for less. I bet in a month of two once they ramp up supply you can get it for a lot less.
post #13 of 124 Old 09-03-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:

$249.95 is the list price. If you do a Google search you can find it for less. I bet in a month of two once they ramp up supply you can get it for a lot less.

Yes, the best online prices right now are in the $220 range. I just ordered one off Amazon.
post #14 of 124 Old 09-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Checkerboard output for just over 200 bucks, that's fantastic for DLP owners wanting to get into 3D at a reasonable price. I still can't believe samsung didn't include this with all their players. Obviously it can't be *that* difficult.
post #15 of 124 Old 09-06-2010, 01:31 PM

Is their a universal wireless adapter that will work with this player? The Panasonic wireless lan adaptor is $99.00. If going to use this function and have to buy the wireless adapter you may aswell buy the BDT-300 as it comes with it and the extra HDMI port.
Mark
post #16 of 124 Old 09-06-2010, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

You could get an adapter that works with the lan port on the back of the unit. If you Google the Panasonic adapter you can find it for a bit less than $70. The only problem is their is no USB connection on the back of the unit to plug it into you have to plug it into the front USB connection and that looks ugly.
post #17 of 124 Old 09-09-2010, 02:39 PM

Just got BDT100 yesterday. Unplugged my old DVD and plugged it in to my AVR. No sweat there.

Some caveats though. I do not (yet) have a 3DTV, so I can't talk about it's 3D capabilities. I don't even have a HDMI capable set as I have a 1080i RPTV. The player is hooked up to the receiver via component and optical.

That being said, picture and audio look and sound just fine to me. My main annoyances are that even though the player has a network connection and a USB, the types of file formats it can play are quite restrictive. IMO, this is nonsense in this day and age. Still, I knew this going in, so overall I am quite happy with the player so far.

I haven't had a chance to test out the network capabilities, but that is coming.
post #18 of 124 Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 PM

I got mine with my P65VT25 last weekend and love it so far. I've never owned a blu-ray player but it came as a 3d bundle with that 3d and the 3d looks great! My girlfriend, roommate and I all watched Coraline in 3d and all walked away VERY impressed. Funny thing is, is that when I bought the VT25 I had no interest in 3d, since it came with all the stuff free I figured well hell why not. Now I'm a believer, it's quite impressive. The player works real well doing all of it and I had no issues, there is a complaint I did here though if you use the BDLive stuff the player needs memory (of which this player has none) so you need to put a SD card in the slot on the front. No big deal I guess.

post #19 of 124 Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 PM

Liked: 13
I got one & although the specs on the panasonic web site say mkv files (aka divx hd plus) are supported this is not the case. It only plays divx & divx hd. Very disappointing as I have many mkv files. So why do they claim divx hd plus support ?
post #20 of 124 Old 09-11-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckv64 View Post

I got one & although the specs on the panasonic web site say mkv files (aka divx hd plus) are supported this is not the case. It only plays divx & divx hd. Very disappointing as I have many mkv files. So why do they claim divx hd plus support ?

Where do they claim "divx hd plus" support? I only see divx hd and the specs say it will play only .divx files, not .mkv files. Disappointing? Yes. False claims? No.
post #21 of 124 Old 09-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Liked: 13
If you go to the panasonic web site & download the spec sheet it states divx hd plus support from discs or usb drives. The manual that comes with the player does not list that support. But you dont see the manual until you already bought the player. I think it is a great player anyways & plan to keep it because of the quality of the playback but they should get the information correct on the web site since folks use that to decide on purchases.
post #22 of 124 Old 10-05-2010, 09:20 AM

The latest firmware (1.14) for the BDT-100/105 is now available.

Download it here.

According to the website, the description of the improvements are:

1. 3D BD playability
2. BD/CD playability
3. VIERA CAST compatibility (USA only)
post #23 of 124 Old 10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonB View Post

The latest firmware (1.14) for the BDT-100/105 is now available.

Download it here.

According to the website, the description of the improvements are:

1. 3D BD playability
2. BD/CD playability
3. VIERA CAST compatibility (USA only)

Did a manual update by internet without problem. I just got this player as a freebie, are there any specific issues being fixed here?
post #24 of 124 Old 10-06-2010, 07:09 AM

Got this one as feebie as well.

Question?

Should I use this player or my PlayStation 3 to play 3d movies? Which one is the better quality player?
post #25 of 124 Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew220 View Post

Got this one as feebie as well.

Question?

Should I use this player or my PlayStation 3 to play 3d movies? Which one is the better quality player?

You won't be able to listen to the lossless codecs using the PS3.
post #26 of 124 Old 10-06-2010, 09:48 AM

True. But i can't use hdmi until I upgrade my receiver to 3d. The new one I'm purchasing is only a Sony ht-150 sound bar anyway. I wonder if losses modes would. even make a difference with it.
post #27 of 124 Old 10-06-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Did a manual update by internet without problem. I just got this player as a freebie, are there any specific issues being fixed here?

I wound up doing the same thing. No problems whatsoever. Took about 10 minutes.
post #28 of 124 Old 10-07-2010, 07:50 PM

Ok, I purchased this to playback 3D on a Samsung HL-t5087s..

Keep an eye on Amazon.. I got this BRAND NEW for 75.00 ( I guess it was an error from the company, but they honored the price ) Because of the low price listed, I paid the extra 49.00 to have it shipped overnight. So ordered on a sunday, I had it in hand on Tuesday morning, for less then $125.00!

WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!

This saved me a lot of headache and aggrivation.

using the IR transmitter and glasses found on Ebay from 3DTVCorp ( I got 4 glasses and the IR for 165 shipped ) Yeah the glasses are ugly as hell, but Im not out for style, only performance.

The only thing I do not like about this player is the fact that it does not read MPG4 video. avi yes, and perfect, but no MPG4...oh wel;l cant winem all

Having recorded HOURS of TV on my computer, now I just put a couple dozen movies on a 64MB thumb drive and Im set to entertain the kids for hours ( gotta love having Dora and Mickey mouse Club recorded and ripped )
post #29 of 124 Old 10-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Costco has the BDT105 for 189. Is it the same as the 100, just costcos version?

Can anyone confirm is has the checkerboard output setting?
post #30 of 124 Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 AM

So the BDT100 is supposed to be replaced by the BDT107. What are the differences? Is it just that WiFi is included in the 107? If so, is it built in or is it just the dongle which has to be plugged in to the front of the player?
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page