Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 384 Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonseven View Post

I just got this camera. Can't believe how good the built-in display is in showing 3D. Even though I heard it was good, I didn't expect that. Tonight going to look at some pics through the Mits TV.

I was a little disappointed viewing directly out of the Fuji camera through the HDMI connection into my Mitsubishi TV (through the adapter). The picture was very dark compared to what was on the camera screen. The pictures look much better displaying through StereoPhotoViewer on my PC and now using PlayMemories on the PS3 through the 3D adapter to the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 384 Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I loaded some pics into Play Memories, and was blown away at the 3D effect of the pics. Play Memories is definitely the way to go - you can zoom in and move around in the pics and it maintains the 3D effect. And I got this popping out of the TV 3D effect.

I'm impressed.
post #63 of 384 Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I tried to view some of the .mpo photos you posted on my Samsung C8000. I tried unsuccessfully from a USB drive and via a Network connection to the TV. Has anyone got them to work on a Samsung with out using the camera? I heard you can convert them to another format that will work on a TV with a program like STOIK Imagic 5.0.
post #64 of 384 Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 PM

Liked: 14
hey,
i just got mine last week. need to play with this some to see what exactly it can do
post #65 of 384 Old 10-16-2010, 02:10 PM

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have a question about the Fuji W3. Does the flash works when you are taking a 3D photo?
I have a Sony TX9 and because of the 3D Sweep mode (of course) the flash is turned off, so I can only take 3D photos in bright light.
Thanks in advance.
Marcio.
post #66 of 384 Old 10-16-2010, 02:12 PM

Yes, the flash does work in 3D mode.
post #67 of 384 Old 10-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

I noticed the W3 comes with the following accessories.

NP-50 Li-ion battery
Battery charger BC-45W
Hand strap
USB cable
CD-ROM
Owner's manual

What do you need to connect it to a Samsung 3D TV to view 3D pictures and video?
post #68 of 384 Old 10-17-2010, 02:08 PM

You need a mini HDMI to HDMI cable to connect it to the TV.
post #69 of 384 Old 10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Before investing in a major hardware upgrade to 3D hdtv, I have been having fun with anaglyph 3D photos and video, which can be viewed with cheap red/cyan glasses on anything - regular prints, 2D hdtv. What I learned is that color gets compromised, but blues, greens, and yellows do well, so:

Taken with Fuji W3.

Put on your glasses...
post #70 of 384 Old 10-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Can you post the full MPO from the W3? I don't even have anaglyph glasses since I find the experience to be so subpar.
post #71 of 384 Old 10-17-2010, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

The point of the anaglyph is to show a good example of an anaglyph. There is nothing special about the original jpgs. That's the point.

Clearly my posting is not for someone who dislikes anaglyphs and also refuses to look at them.

I understand what there is not to like, but until we have better options without heavy proprietary glasses and the necessity of purchasing expensive hardware that is not portable, this is what we can work with.
post #72 of 384 Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post

The point of the anaglyph is to show a good example of an anaglyph. There is nothing special about the original jpgs. That's the point.

Clearly my posting is not for someone who dislikes anaglyphs and also refuses to look at them.

I understand what there is not to like, but until we have better options without heavy proprietary glasses and the necessity of purchasing expensive hardware that is not portable, this is what we can work with.

I was just asking for the original MPO since I thought it might be a nice picture in 3D...
post #73 of 384 Old 10-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

How good are the regular 2d photos with this camera? I now have a Canon with image stabilization that takes great regular photos. Does this have any stabilization system?
post #74 of 384 Old 10-26-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post

How good are the regular 2d photos with this camera? I now have a Canon with image stabilization that takes great regular photos. Does this have any stabilization system?

The W3 does not have image stabilization, but it has only a 3x zoom (35mm equiv. 35-105) with no supplemental or auxiliary lenses, so IS is not very critical. It does have an "anti-blur" setting, which in auto modes biases towards higher shutter speeds. The 2D images are fine for my uses, I have printed up to 13x19 photos that are very pleasing. Usually I view most of my images on my Panasonic 65 inch VT25, which, like all 1080P HD TV's has about 2 megapixel capacity, so the W3's 10 mp images are no problem there. Here's a link to the W3 specs: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/...pecifications/

Markr041, I liked your flower image, lots of depth.
post #75 of 384 Old 10-26-2010, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks. I am really enjoying this camera, and learning the tricks of 3D photography.
post #76 of 384 Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Bigjohn:

How do you show the photos on your TV? Via the camera and HDMI cable?
post #77 of 384 Old 10-28-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post

Bigjohn:

How do you show the photos on your TV? Via the camera and HDMI cable?

I either plug the camera's SDHC card directly into the slot on the VT25 and use the TV's Vierra app for viewing pictures or copy the .mpo 3D files to my PS3 and play them with the new Sony picture viewing software "Play Memories" as described in earlier posts (free download from the Sony Store). Both work well, but the PS3 software is best because you can zoom and scroll on an image and still retain the 3D effect.

It won't work with the 3D video, I have to use the HDMI cable for that. I have played around with Stereo Movie Maker, but have not been able to come up with a codec that works; suggestions for viewing the video files without using the camera would be really appreciated
post #78 of 384 Old 10-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn7 View Post

I either plug the camera's SDHC card directly into the slot on the VT25 and use the TV's Vierra app for viewing pictures or copy the .mpo 3D files to my PS3 and play them with the new Sony picture viewing software "Play Memories" as described in earlier posts (free download from the Sony Store). Both work well, but the PS3 software is best because you can zoom and scroll on an image and still retain the 3D effect.

It won't work with the 3D video, I have to use the HDMI cable for that. I have played around with Stereo Movie Maker, but have not been able to come up with a codec that works; suggestions for viewing the video files without using the camera would be really appreciated

Sorry to veer a bit off topic, but does anyone know whether 3D video recorded by Panasonic's new consumer 3D camcorder is also only playable by direct connection to the TV from the camera using HDMI cable? Can one at least played the video directly from the SD card on Panny's own VT25 TVs?
post #79 of 384 Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn7 View Post

Stereoscopic Player for PC is what I use. $40 for a license to play longer than 5 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV View Post

Sorry to veer a bit off topic, but does anyone know whether 3D video recorded by Panasonic's new consumer 3D camcorder is also only playable by direct connection to the TV from the camera using HDMI cable? Can one at least played the video directly from the SD card on Panny's own VT25 TVs?

No idea on what's required for the Panny vid camera. My Best Buy has it hooked up with a live feed to the old Sammy C7000 demo station though.
post #80 of 384 Old 10-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

Stereoscopic Player for PC is what I use. $40 for a license to play longer than 5 minutes.

No idea on what's required for the Panny vid camera. My Best Buy has it hooked up with a live feed to the old Sammy C7000 demo station though.

Well, I have partially answered my own question. Clearly the 3D video captured by the Consumer Panasonic 3D camcorder can be played back from the memory cards IF they are played from a Blu-ray 3D player that has a SD slot, i.e. the Panasonic players. Still not clear though whether the SD cards can play video in 3D directly from the SD card when inserted directly into SD card slot on the Panasonic 3D TVs.
post #81 of 384 Old 11-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Anyone buy the AV-C1 av/usb cable.
if so what happens when you plug in the camera?
does the screen still work or does it go into a standby mode?

I am converting 3d movies to play on the w3 and i want to find a way to make headphone work on it when i travel.

A pin out of the av/usb port would be great, maybe it support stereo?

here is a post i started about converting movies.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1281622 the
post #82 of 384 Old 11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV View Post

Well, I have partially answered my own question. Clearly the 3D video captured by the Consumer Panasonic 3D camcorder can be played back from the memory cards IF they are played from a Blu-ray 3D player that has a SD slot, i.e. the Panasonic players. Still not clear though whether the SD cards can play video in 3D directly from the SD card when inserted directly into SD card slot on the Panasonic 3D TVs.

I have the Panasonic 3D camcorder and YES they do play in 3D when inserted into the SC card slot of the Panasonic and it switches to 3d mode "automagically"! I wish I knew the industry secret so I could make my videos do that too.
I find the 3D image quality of the Panasonic 3D camera to be of poor quality.
The resolution seems low and the image seems dull and lifeless with lots of noise and edge enhancement.
Not impressed. The parallax is so small that it might be good for studying insects from up close if the insects can stand all the light you would have to shine on them.

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
post #83 of 384 Old 11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post

I have the Panasonic 3D camcorder and YES they do play in 3D when inserted into the SC card slot of the Panasonic and it switches to 3d mode "automagically"! I wish I knew the industry secret so I could make my videos do that too.
The resolution seems low and the image seems dull and lifeless with lots of noise and edge enhancement.
Not impressed. The parallax is so small that it might be good for studying insects from up close if the insects can stand all the light you would have to shine on them.

Can you upload and post a direct sample video from the camera?
post #84 of 384 Old 11-01-2010, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0328 View Post

Can you upload and post a direct sample video from the camera?

You mean unedited and direct from the card?
If that's the case you will have to wait a while.

post #85 of 384 Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is a sample clip from the panasonic 3D camcorder:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7350380/How%...c%20folder.rtf

post #86 of 384 Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM

anyone have 3d prints done
http://www.seehere.com/

as far as i can tell you cant crop or adjust the pictures,the size and or aspect ratio...
post #87 of 384 Old 11-02-2010, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acem77 View Post

anyone have 3d prints done
http://www.seehere.com/

as far as i can tell you cant crop or adjust the pictures,the size and or aspect ratio...

I decided to order one today. I didn't see any option to do any editing on an MPO in the web uploader/editor. I was able to crop my picture with StereoPhotoMaker http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/index.html and then upload that file for printing. I guess I will find out how it turns out in a couple of weeks.
post #88 of 384 Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1972 View Post

I decided to order one today. I didn't see any option to do any editing on an MPO in the web uploader/editor. I was able to crop my picture with StereoPhotoMaker http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/index.html and then upload that file for printing. I guess I will find out how it turns out in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
Cool to know SPM can crop mpo files.
I saw some video on youtube with a pro fuji printer that has a few options for print size. i guess its the same printer just there are lazy and dont want to have the options.

some other company that does 3d prints.
http://www.snap3d.com/

Back in the day (+10yrs ago) i had analog cameras with2, 3 and 4 lens for 3d pictures.
There were 2 companies i used that did 3d lenticular prints.
ill see if i can find their names and if they offer prints still.
post #89 of 384 Old 11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

I had seehere make 4 lenticular prints from MPO files from my W1 and I was not impressed with them whatsoever.
They were blurry and had virtually no 3D effect at all.
I wouldn't use them again.

post #90 of 384 Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post

Sounds like your homemade rig outshines the Panasonic camera by a significant margin, Frank.

Joe Clark

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page