Official Fujifilm 3D W3 Photo/Video Camera - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 379 Old 05-29-2011, 01:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just finished a new version of an iPad app for viewing your (stereoscopic) portfolio. The direct loading and conversion of Fuji W3 MPO images has been much improved, and I was hoping someone around here might be interested in checking it out. Please let me know how it works for you.

Here are 5 'promo' codes you can redeem at the AppStore:

ML3WPY63K9AM
N66FXA43HJLA
N6RW3A9R3TTN
ATM6939RJWXA
J4LFP9AP43A4

Here is a (non)link to the app itself:

LuxFolio - Stereoscopic Portfolio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 379 Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM

I am trying W3 by taking video. the file was .avi format but not in side by side apperance when I copied the file from the camera to my computer. which mean I only can watch 3D video directly from the camera to 3D TV but not via HD box or PC? I use Samsung 3D TV as PC 's screen currently.
How do we change the file we take from W3 to side by side file? So we can watch via HD box or any movie player from PC
post #243 of 379 Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 113
"How do we change the file we take from W3 to side by side file? So we can watch via HD box or any movie player from PC."

Roxio 2011 does this - it reads the W3 .avi files natively and you can convert to sbs.

You can also do this one clip at a time with StereoMovieMaker (free), but you cannot combine clips as I remember.
post #244 of 379 Old 06-06-2011, 11:11 AM

thank you for your quick response. I really find your posts useful.
But I dont know how to change file from W3 to Side by Side. I have downloaded SMM. Could you give me some instruction?
post #245 of 379 Old 06-06-2011, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Open program: File,
Open 'Stereo movie' and point to the Fuji W3 video file.
From the "Stereo' tab, click side by side. You should see the two farmes side by side.
Then File, Save "stereo movie'.

You get a full frame sbs version of the clip, avi.
post #246 of 379 Old 06-07-2011, 12:43 PM

hi Mark
I just found that the clip recorded from W3 can be saved to the computer and we can use a program called stereoscopic player to watch. Although the format is .avi but it is different .avi, it's kind of 3D .avi. stereoscopic player is designed to watch this kind of format.
post #247 of 379 Old 06-07-2011, 12:48 PM

by the way, I saw some of your clip on youtube. you used Sony bloggie 3D and Fuji 3W. Which one is better in term of convenient and quality. I learned that Bloggie can record continuously 4 hr while Fuji 3W can record only 10 min each clip. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
post #248 of 379 Old 06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, there is software that can play the native W3 files in 3D.

The 3D (and 2D) video on the 3D Bloggie is much better than that of the W3. You are correct about the limit on the W3 (10 minutes). On the Bloggie it as least 1/2 hour. I like the 3D stills on the W3. The 3D screen on the W3 is better.
post #249 of 379 Old 06-10-2011, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Anyone have a recommendation for cheap cases (preferably from Amazon)?
post #250 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member

Does anyone know if photos and video taken in 3D on the W1 can be played back on the W3 and more importantly if the SD cards from the W1 can be inserted into the W3 for playback on a 3D TV using an hdmi connection from the W3 to a 3D TV? If the answer is yes, would it be yes for both stills and video taken in 3D using the W1 and then played back using the W3?
post #251 of 379 Old 06-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Some of you may recall that I had issues connecting my W3 to a 2010 Samsung TV. Most of the time the image quality was terrible.

I just got a new 2011 Samsung D8000 and I am very happy to report that the camera now works great when connected to the new TV. Now I don't have to worry about 3rd party 3D software and streaming from my computer to the TV.
post #252 of 379 Old 06-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV View Post

Does anyone know if photos and video taken in 3D on the W1 can be played back on the W3 and more importantly if the SD cards from the W1 can be inserted into the W3 for playback on a 3D TV using an hdmi connection from the W3 to a 3D TV? If the answer is yes, would it be yes for both stills and video taken in 3D using the W1 and then played back using the W3?

Anyone?
post #253 of 379 Old 06-21-2011, 09:48 AM

Hello,

I have recent bought a Fuji 3W, which is excellent.

I use this camera for aerial images and professional use.

I have made several shots, with great results which I could see on the camera's 3D rear monitor. But it lacks a lot.

I need to use 3D photos on a non 3D environment, such commom 2D monitors, social networks and to send to my customers and friends. Resuming, I take the 3D photos and videos, but I can only see on my own camera. This I need to change and transmit to all my friends an customers, 3D images which I could see them on a 2D environment, using 3D glasses.

How can I process 3D photo and vÃ*deo, in order to see them in 2D enviranment, using 3D glasses?

Is there any specifi programs;softwares?

I have read the manual several times but there are no information for this.

I will appreciate all information sent.

Best regards,

Cesare
post #254 of 379 Old 06-23-2011, 03:16 PM

The Fuji 3W is a nice 3D camera.

You can make 3D .mpo files work with 2D software just be renaming the extension to .jpg. Just change back to .mpo for use with 3D compatible devices as nothing is lost with an extension rename.

I use RenameMaster to do a batch conversion.
post #255 of 379 Old 06-23-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Still photos should work in the W3, but Fuji says that W1 video is not compatible with the W3. That is unfortunate because the W1 doesn't have an HDMI port to view the video in 3D.
post #256 of 379 Old 06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocamera View Post
Hello,

I have recent bought a Fuji 3W, which is excellent.

I use this camera for aerial images and professional use.

I have made several shots, with great results which I could see on the camera's 3D rear monitor. But it lacks a lot.

I need to use 3D photos on a non 3D environment, such commom 2D monitors, social networks and to send to my customers and friends. Resuming, I take the 3D photos and videos, but I can only see on my own camera. This I need to change and transmit to all my friends an customers, 3D images which I could see them on a 2D environment, using 3D glasses.

How can I process 3D photo and vÃ*deo, in order to see them in 2D enviranment, using 3D glasses?

Is there any specifi programs;softwares?

I have read the manual several times but there are no information for this.

I will appreciate all information sent.

Best regards,

Cesare
I understand you want others to be able to see your photos in 3D on 2D equipment.

Then you must convert the .mpo files to anaglyph jpegs.

The free program you want is StereoPhotomaker. It will take the Fuji 3D mpo file and convert it to an anaglyph jpeg (or other transforms if you want).

Your viewers would then need analglyph glasses (red/cyan), which are inexpensive. They will see, with the glasses, the 3D effects fine. The colors will be muted.

For the 3D videos, you will need a video editor. Roxio Creator 2011 will input the Fuji W3 avi files natively. They can then be converted to anaglyph videos that again can be viewed by others in 3D on 2D equipment with the cheap red/cyan glasses. The Roxio software will allow you to edit the videos as well - combine, trim, etc. Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum version 11 can also do this, though I do not know that it will read W3 videos as it just came out.
post #257 of 379 Old 06-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

To partially answer my own question, the W3 manual states that 3D video taken by the W1 can be viewed in the W3 (though not vice-versa) but then goes on to imply that using the W3 as a playback device to an HDMI product will not work. It does not specifically reference playing to a 3DTV as not possible. I'm curious if some models of 3DTVs might work and others not?
post #258 of 379 Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 PM

Hello. I just purchased the Fujifilm W3 and it is amazing. Anyone looking into one I found it at Best Buy B&M on sale for $249. Their website still has it listed for $399. 3d pic quality is absolutely stunning. 2d is good under certain condition, but I've seen better. The W3 plays very nicely with my VT30 which 3d pics displayed are perfect. I have a couple of questions for any pros out there. Does fine(low compression) pic quality mode give higher resolution and it seems it does worse with motion pictures compared to normal pic resolution(high compression)? Some of my pics are blurry others are crystal clear. Any tips in preventing blurry pics. Thanks
post #259 of 379 Old 07-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Hello. I just purchased the Fujifilm W3 and it is amazing. Anyone looking into one I found it at Best Buy B&M on sale for $249. Their website still has it listed for $399. 3d pic quality is absolutely stunning. 2d is good under certain condition, but I've seen better. The W3 plays very nicely with my VT30 which 3d pics displayed are perfect. I have a couple of questions for any pros out there. Does fine(low compression) pic quality mode give higher resolution and it seems it does worse with motion pictures compared to normal pic resolution(high compression)? Some of my pics are blurry others are crystal clear. Any tips in preventing blurry pics. Thanks

Are you equally pleased with the 3D video played on your VT30 or is your reference to stills only
post #260 of 379 Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV

Are you equally pleased with the 3D video played on your VT30 or is your reference to stills only
I only got to play around with it for about an hour before i had to leave out of town so I only tested still images which was extremely fast an easy with the VT30s built in SD card slot. An option automatically popped up when the TV sensed the SD card. 3d photography has definitely got a learning curve, but when done right its magical. I couldn't believe the clarity, color, and 3d effects(depth & pop out effect) that the W3 pics had on the VT30. Even my wife was impressed by the pics and she hates 3d, but she said the 3d pics make it seem that she was back at the location the photo was taken at, very realistic. I will try 3d video when i get back & update.
post #261 of 379 Old 07-11-2011, 05:56 AM
Advanced Member

I have had my W3 for a while now. It always had a hard time connecting properly to my 2010 Samsung 3D TV. I just replaced it with a new 2011 Samsung TV and the TV connection and interface with the camera work perfectly. The Samsung still will not directly read MPO files on a card reader or USB drive.

I have a friend with a new LG Passive 3D TV and it will read MPO files right off a USB drive. 3D photos look great. It will not support 3D movies from the W3 though.
post #262 of 379 Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post

I have a friend with a new LG Passive 3D TV and it will read MPO files right off a USB drive. 3D photos look great. It will not support 3D movies from the W3 though.

It won't from a USB drive, but it does if you hook up a mini-HDMI cable from the camera.
post #263 of 379 Old 07-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I bought this camera yesterday and read through the thread here today. One issue I'm concerned about and don't fully understand is this:

Quote:

One disappointing thing is the manual Parallax adjustments. And cropping too. If you make manual adjustment to 3D photos, they are no longer shown in 3D if you try to view them on a 3d TV.

This sounds like if I fiddle with the parallax when viewing a photo on the W3, then the photo will forever be only viewable in 3D on the camera's screen. But that can't be right, can it?

I don't have a 3D display yet (though I will in another month or so), so I can't test anything out. However, I'm taking a trip to Kyoto next week and I'm looking forward to taking 3D pictures. Ultimately I plan on viewing them either through HDMI from the camera or on the PS3. I'm worried now that if I play with the parallax I'll essentially be ruining the files. Can anyone explain this to me? Hopefully my fears are unfounded?
post #264 of 379 Old 07-25-2011, 02:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I honestly don't think you will have problems. I have messed around with the paralax before and was able to view the pictures from an SD card on my TV in 3D.

By the way, you will love Kyoto. It's very nice there

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #265 of 379 Old 07-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airion View Post

I bought this camera yesterday and read through the thread here today. One issue I'm concerned about and don't fully understand is this:

This sounds like if I fiddle with the parallax when viewing a photo on the W3, then the photo will forever be only viewable in 3D on the camera's screen. But that can't be right, can it?

I don't have a 3D display yet (though I will in another month or so), so I can't test anything out. However, I'm taking a trip to Kyoto next week and I'm looking forward to taking 3D pictures. Ultimately I plan on viewing them either through HDMI from the camera or on the PS3. I'm worried now that if I play with the parallax I'll essentially be ruining the files. Can anyone explain this to me? Hopefully my fears are unfounded?

It's been while since my post. But I think I was referring to using the Fuji software package they give you. If you use the software to crop or adjust the photos, you lose the 3D. I have found that the auto adjustments on the camera work pretty well and give good 3d photos.
post #266 of 379 Old 07-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 59
FBlack and bravia3D, thanks for your responses. I actually uninstalled the Fuji software as soon as I realized it was useless. Now I can play with my photos on the camera with no worries.

It will actually be my 5th trip to Kyoto, but the first time I can take home memories in 3D!
post #267 of 379 Old 08-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have had my W3 for a while now. It always had a hard time connecting properly to my 2010 Samsung 3D TV. I just replaced it with a new 2011 Samsung TV and the TV connection and interface with the camera work perfectly. The Samsung still will not directly read MPO files on a card reader or USB drive.

I once again tried some new 3D MPO photos that I transferred from the SD card in the camera to a USB drive and attached it to my new 2011 Samsung D8000 TV. And they worked very well. The TV automatically saw the MPO's and turned on 3D mode. I then used the SD card from the camera and inserted it into a 56-1 card reader and also a small USB drive converter that reads SD cards. Again perfect 3D photos on the TV. I think I inadvertently just put in the jpg photos last time and not the mpo's. Now no more hooking up the camera to the TV to view pictures.
post #268 of 379 Old 08-09-2011, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

At this point is there still no native Macintosh software for the W3? I'm using all of the Windows private versions, but would like a Mac version.
post #269 of 379 Old 08-15-2011, 01:01 PM

Thanks for a really nice forum!

I have problems with the parallax when viewing w3 images on my LG 47LW550W via HDMI mini cable or usb. The auto parallax set by the camera disappears, i.e. is set to zero (image still a 3D image)!. This means that close up photos, close to the camera, will be double at the TV even if they look perfect on my w3 (where parallax was auto corrected when I shot the image). I have save them over again in the SPM program and this helps (even though, for some reason, an image which looks nice in SPM will be over compensated when viewed on the TV!? But that´s another thing...) but it takes time to save them over again and it is really tedious. Why isn´t the parallax coming along with the image to the TV automatically? The information should be in the mpo file, shouldn´t it? Do you have any experience about this? Is it Fujifilm or LG that needs to fix software so it will be automatic?

Other than that I am really happy with my new w3 camera! It is wonderful!
post #270 of 379 Old 08-15-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
It's been while since my post. But I think I was referring to using the Fuji software package they give you. If you use the software to crop or adjust the photos, you lose the 3D. I have found that the auto adjustments on the camera work pretty well and give good 3d photos.
yes, if you use the camera to adjust parallax or cropping for a picture, and then connect your camera to a 3DTV via HDMI, that picture will show up in 2D. but it's more of a problem with the camera's playback function, because the picture itself is still viewable in 3D using other methods (playstation 3 play memories, your 3DTV's internal playback if it supports .mpo, etc.)
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page