3D Blu Ray Players w/ Replay (aka Quick Replay) Feature - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all,

Upgrading to a 3D display/receiver soon, and I'm going to need to pick a new 3D Ready Blu Ray player. One of the features I really need to have is a Replay/Quick Replay feature, and this seems to be a feature that MOST Blu Ray players for one reason or another lack.

I watch quite a bit of content that's very dense or has some difficult accents, and it's important for me to jump back several seconds at the press of a button.

I currently own a 2D-only Sony with this feature, but before that I had tried a Panasonic (as my old DVD player was a Panny...WITH quick replay) and actually returned it because of this lacking feature. I don't even see it on high-end players like Oppos. I find this strange as virtually every DVD player I've had has had this feature, but maybe as a friend suggested, this is harder to pull off technologically because of the increased data and shorter wavelength.

At any rate, the only 3D player I'm aware of that looks to have this is the Sony BDP-S770, which should be a decent player if my current model is any indication. Are there any other 3D players on the market with a Replay/Quick Replay feature?

Honestly, even compared to higher end players, if it comes right down to it, this features trumps just about any others for my uses.

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions to compare!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 PM

Liked: 10
Sgupta, it's been over 2 years since you last posted in this thread. I was wondering, did you ever find a blu-ray player (with 3D) that has the quick replay button you were looking for? I was shopping for a player and I was pretty surprised that none of the new blu-ray models in the big stores have this button, even in 2012 (I checked LG, Sony, and Panasonic). My cable remote and DVD remote have this replay button. It's probably one of my most frequently used buttons. I was beginning to think that it might not even be possible with blu-ray as you suggested but it seems that the model you mentioned, the Sony BDP-S770, does have a Replay and Advance button on its remote. Did you end up getting that or any other player with the replay feature and if so, do those buttons actually work with blu-rays?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-22-2012, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The Sony 790 has this feature, instant replay and also a skip forward.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-22-2012, 07:01 PM

Liked: 10
Yeah but I just didn't want to spend over $250 on a blu-ray player (the Sony 790) when all the stores out there are selling blu-ray players for under $100 (even with 3D). I think I figured out a workaround though. I did buy a Harmony universal remote and programmed a Rewind + Play macro into it with a single key press. It seems to be working fine for now, it replays back about 4-5 seconds. We'll see how it holds up. The quick forward doesn't seem to be going as well though, I'm still working on that one. (The macros programmed into the Harmony don't have a sufficient time delay between key presses as well as not enough keypresses, only 5 - my old cable box remote could program 15)
Anyway, I'm still shaking my head over why the major manufacturers would get rid of such a commonly used button...
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page