New Panasonic 3D player arriving soon? - AVS Forum
3D Source Components > New Panasonic 3D player arriving soon?
avMick's Avatar avMick 10:24 PM 10-24-2010
On two separate visits to Best Buy in the last few weeks, 2 different Magnolia employees said new Panasonic 3D players were coming out.

The first guy said a "107 model" was replacing the 100. The second guy said the 107 model was going to be replaced by a new 300 series model. He said it would be out in a few weeks.

Has anyone heard of any new Panasonic models? Are any of the present ones discontinued?

Thanks,

Mick

loudog2's Avatar loudog2 09:02 AM 10-25-2010
The 107 is already listed on BB website , but is backordered.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...&skuId=1216861

looks the same, only difference is you get the wireless LAN adapter with the 107.
madcratebuilder's Avatar madcratebuilder 07:29 AM 10-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post

The 107 is already listed on BB website , but is backordered.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...&skuId=1216861

looks the same, only difference is you get the wireless LAN adapter with the 107.

+1

It appears to be the BDT100 with the YL-10 dongle included. You can do better price wise buying as separates.
avMick's Avatar avMick 06:54 AM 10-28-2010
The second guy I spoke to last week seemed certain that a new 300 series player was going to replace even the 107 in a few weeks.

He said a Panasonic rep had shown it to them.

I think I may wait a few weeks to see if anything shows up.

MS
pwbaker's Avatar pwbaker 08:32 AM 10-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by avMick View Post

The second guy I spoke to last week seemed certain that a new 300 series player was going to replace even the 107 in a few weeks.

MS

Man I think I want the panny but am getting itchy. My BB has one 300 left. I wish there was a way to find out what they are going to release and what it will do.....................
Ron Jones's Avatar Ron Jones 11:38 AM 10-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by avMick View Post

MS

Not likely. I would expect the new 300 series to be the more full-featured new model (e.g., with dual HDMI outputs) while the BMP-BDT107 being the new lower priced model ($299 MSRP which is $50 more than the BMP-BDT100). The new 300 series will probably have a similar MSRP as the old BMP-BDT300 model ($399 MSRP) it replaces. I would also expect Panasonic to introduce a new entry-level 3D model with a MSRP in the $200 range, in order to directly compete pricewise with Sony's BDP-S470 and S570 players.
NorthTV's Avatar NorthTV 01:50 PM 10-29-2010
Ron - since we are hearing about Panasonic's replacements for the original players is there a good chance we will start hearing about changes/improvements in their orignal
3D TVs as well? I'm really curious what changes we may see for the VT25 series and when. Is there a VT30 series in the offing as well either as a replacement for the VT25 or as an enhanced VT25? (A Magnolia salesman made reference to the VT30 but not sure what the source of his info was.)
Ron Jones's Avatar Ron Jones 05:57 PM 10-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV View Post

Ron - since we are hearing about Panasonic's replacements for the original players is there a good chance we will start hearing about changes/improvements in their orignal
3D TVs as well? I'm really curious what changes we may see for the VT25 series and when. Is there a VT30 series in the offing as well either as a replacement for the VT25 or as an enhanced VT25? (A Magnolia salesman made reference to the VT30 but not sure what the source of his info was.)

I haven't heard any good rumors on the release date for the next 3D plasma series, other than speculation that a VT30 series will be coming. lf they are not released by Dec. 1st then I would speculate they won't officially be introduced until CES 2011 in early January.
NorthTV's Avatar NorthTV 01:02 AM 10-30-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

I haven't heard any good rumors on the release date for the next 3D plasma series, other than speculation that a VT30 series will be coming. lf they are not released by Dec. 1st then I would speculate they won't officially be introduced until CES 2011 in early January.

Thanks! Sounds like we will start hearing something more definitive about the "VT30" series sooner than later since it already is being identified. Dec. 1 could be spot on as that is of course the day that Panasonic will begin offering the Avatar Blu-ray 3D to buyers of Panasonic 3D Tvs. Any later would lose out on the end of the year Christmas to Superbowl sales push that competitors like Samsung would otherwise capture. CES could be too late from a marketing vantage and the need to secure market share in what is proving to be a highly competitive 3D TV market. It is telling that Panasonic is already promoting the Avatar "bundle" even though they won't have product until December. If in fact the new VT30 series will in fact have 2d to 3D conversion (as I have heard suggested) and it will have PQ equal or better than the VT25 series and come in the larger screen sizes it would certainly make sense for Panasonic to get that info out to potential buyers who would be willing to wait for availability rather than go with what the competition has presently available. We of course can assume that if there is going to be a VT30 series announced by December 1st that it is likely the manufacturing process has already started.
CO Buffalo's Avatar CO Buffalo 10:55 PM 11-15-2010
Hopefully I am really enjoying my Panasonic 3D tv and.hope I can get a matching Blu-Ray. Right I am using a Sony.
KevinJ's Avatar KevinJ 09:19 AM 11-16-2010
I suspected that the VT25 was on its way out since its not available on the Panasonic web site for order much like the GH1 camera dissapeared for weeks then the GH2 came out.

I started researching and came across the fact that Avatar is being released on 12/01 and sponsored by Panasonic. SO I think Panasonic is ridding themselves of VT25 stock OR....diverting manufacturing to lower 3D models. SO we'll get a VT30 in December OR...we will see bunch of lower end models till past CES.

I think the VT30 is coming this year since the news posted earlier about Panasonic's new tech models might be coming sooner than we call think. Panasonic can't compete with the fatness of their current offerings compared to Samsung and they will lose if they wait till next year.

There is a great research article that says Plasma is on its way back since they are shrinking the components and it will be cheaper to manufacture than LCD.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...Plasma_TVs.pdf
KevinJ's Avatar KevinJ 09:36 AM 11-16-2010
If these specs are the VT30, then its a mild upgrade and maybe there is something else coming down the road. I thought Panasonic was looking at 1080Hz and slim models. Sounds like the VT30 might just be a mild upgrade OR the U.S. will get different specs than other countries which I hope is the case.

http://translate.google.com/translat...:*%26prmd%3Dfd

Panasonic VT30 Series
Panasonic Plasma TV Models VT30 Series Full HD Image Quality, 3D TV, 600Hz Picture Display Rate, THX, 4 HDMI Inputs, PVR 32 GB internal memory, 2-Channel Scanner, DVB-C/T/S, DLNA (Wireless Connection Sharing with ), WiFi (Wireless Internet Connection), Viera Cast Full Internet, 30W ProSound Sound Power Features will be available ...
Model Numaraları: Model Numbers:
TX-P65VT30, TX-P50VT30, TX-P46VT3 TX-P65VT30, TX-P50VT30, TX-P46VT3
Panasonic GT30 Serie Panasonic GT30 Series
Panasonic GT30 Series Models Full HD Plasma TV Image Quality, 3D TV, 600Hz Picture Display Rate, THX, 4 HDMI Inputs, PVR 16 GB internal memory, 2-Channel Scanner, DVB-C / T, the DLNA (With Wireless Connection Sharing), WiFi (Wireless Internet Connection), Viera Cast Full Internet, 20W ProSound Sound Power Features will be available ...
TX-P65GT30, TX-P50GT30, TX-P46GT30, TX-P42GT30 TX-P65GT30, TX-P50GT30, TX-P46GT30, TX-P42GT30

Panasonic V30 Serie Panasonic V30 Serie
Panasonic Plasma TV Models V30 Series Full HD Image Quality, 3D TV, 600Hz Picture Display Rate, 4 HDMI Inputs, PVR 16 GB internal memory, DVB-C / T, the DLNA (With Wireless Connection Sharing), WiFi (Wireless Internet) , Viera Cast Full Internet, 20W ProSound Sound Power Features will be available ...
TX-P50V30, TX-P46V30, TX-P42V30 TX-P50V30, TX-P46V30, TX-P42V30

Panasonic G30 Serie Panasonic G30 Serie
Panasonic Plasma TV Models G30 Series Full HD Image Quality, 600Hz Picture Display Rate, 4 HDMI Input, DVB-C / T, the DLNA (Wireless Connection Sharing with), WiFi (Wireless Internet Connection), Viera Cast, 20W ProSound Sound Power Features will be available ...
TX-P50G30, TX-P46G30, TX-P42G30, TX-P37G30 TX-P50G30, TX-P46G30, TX-P42G30, TX-P37G30

Panasonic X30 Serie Panasonic X30 Serie
Panasonic X30 Series Plasma TV Models HD Picture Quality, 100Hz Picture Display Rate, 3 HDMI Input Unit, DVB-C / T, Properties will be sold ...
TX-P50G30, TX-P46G30, TX-P42G30, TX-P37G30 TX-P50G30, TX-P46G30, TX-P42G30, TX-P37G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post

I suspected that the VT25 was on its way out since its not available on the Panasonic web site for order much like the GH1 camera dissapeared for weeks then the GH2 came out.

I started researching and came across the fact that Avatar is being released on 12/01 and sponsored by Panasonic. SO I think Panasonic is ridding themselves of VT25 stock OR....diverting manufacturing to lower 3D models. SO we'll get a VT30 in December OR...we will see bunch of lower end models till past CES.

I think the VT30 is coming this year since the news posted earlier about Panasonic's new tech models might be coming sooner than we call think. Panasonic can't compete with the fatness of their current offerings compared to Samsung and they will lose if they wait till next year.

There is a great research article that says Plasma is on its way back since they are shrinking the components and it will be cheaper to manufacture than LCD.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...Plasma_TVs.pdf

NorthTV's Avatar NorthTV 01:19 PM 11-16-2010
I'm not sure ordering availability on the Panasonic Website is very helpful as to whether the VT25 series is being discontinued. To my recollection the VT25 series TVs have never been available by direct order from Panasonic, at least per their website. Just curious, from those Google translated specs, what evident differences do you see between the VT25 and VT30 series? I do note there is no reference to a 58 inch VT30 which I guess is not surprising since that size appears to only have been marketed in the U.S. for the the VT25. I would assume that once the VT30 becomes available in the U.S. that we will see a 58 inch version here.
Up
Mobile  Desktop