2007 Samsung DLP and Onkyo receiver -- doable? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-24-2010, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have a 2007 Samsung HLT6187S DLP TV and the Onkyo 805 receiver from 2007. I just went out and snagged the Panasonic DMP-BDT100 player as I read it can do checkerboard. It was only around $140 shipped. Pretty good deal, considering I don't have a standalone player (been using a HTPC for years). It'll also be more convenient, as I've recently started buying BD movies, instead of just renting them.

Assuming I buy a pair of the DLP link based ViewSonic PGD-150 glasses, would this be the last item I need for 3D Blu-ray movies, or will I have issues with my receiver? Supposedly without buying a new receiver, it cannot pass the 3D 1080p signal available on most players, and I think even the standard 3D setting on the Panasonic player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-24-2010, 04:51 PM

these glasses are not working properly with my set.they will not stay in sync.others find them excellent.make sure they are returnable if they wont work with your set.i had the glasses replaced by viewsonic and they still wont work.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby View Post

these glasses are not working properly with my set.they will not stay in sync.others find them excellent.make sure they are returnable if they wont work with your set.i had the glasses replaced by viewsonic and they still wont work.

Well I was asking more about whether or not my receiver, which can't send a full frame packed 3D signal, can stlll do checkerboard. Yes, no?
post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2010, 02:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe View Post

Well I was asking more about whether or not my receiver, which can't send a full frame packed 3D signal, can stlll do checkerboard. Yes, no?

Checkerboard should pass through fine. The receiver will see it as a normal signal. I have the 805, and have watched checkerboard 3D through it.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #5 of 6 Old 11-25-2010, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Checkerboard should pass through fine. The receiver will see it as a normal signal. I have the 805, and have watched checkerboard 3D through it.

The Panasonic DMP-BDT100 won't complain though that the receiver can't pass 3D (even though it's checkerboard capable on both ends)? i.e. it won't do something like the Mits adapter does in that it denies Samsung users when it doesn't "see" a Mitsubshi DLP in the output?

I just want to make sure, before I have to cancel if it doesn't work. A lot of reviews state pretty lousy info on this if what you say is true, like saying " you must buy a new receiver that's 1.4 3D capable regardless", yet they never include the unique option for DLP owners. Do you have it piped through a receiver that cannot do 3D/HDMI 1.4, yet still works? Do you also the that particular player, too?

In regards to the Viewsonics: How far are you looking from the TV? How dark is the room, and do you often look away from the screen? I heard that if the room has too much "light noise" (like say the sun's glare) it loses sync. Also if you sit too far, loses sync. Also, if you look away from the screen for too long, loses sync.
I was fiddling with the settings the other day. Have you tried setting the 3D in inverse settings? I noticed there is 3 options, (one being no 3D).
post #6 of 6 Old 11-25-2010, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

The Panasonic DMP-BDT100 won't complain though that the receiver can't pass 3D (even though it's checkerboard capable on both ends)? i.e. it won't do something like the Mits adapter does in that it denies Samsung users when it doesn't "see" a Mitsubshi DLP in the output?

I just want to make sure, before I have to cancel if it doesn't work. A lot of reviews state pretty lousy info on this if what you say is true, like saying " you must buy a new receiver that's 1.4 3D capable regardless", yet they never include the unique option for DLP owners. Do you have it piped through a receiver that cannot do 3D/HDMI 1.4, yet still works? Do you also the that particular player, too?

In regards to the Viewsonics: How far are you looking from the TV? How dark is the room, and do you often look away from the screen? I heard that if the room has too much "light noise" (like say the sun's glare) it loses sync. Also if you sit too far, loses sync. Also, if you look away from the screen for too long, loses sync.
I was fiddling with the settings the other day. Have you tried setting the 3D in inverse settings? I noticed there is 3 options, (one being no 3D).

I already replied to your post:

Quote:

I told you I have the 805, same as you. I also told you my receiver passes checkerboard with no problem. Checkerboard is not HDMI 1.4. I can't help with your other issues, sorry.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page