post #31 of 51 Old 01-10-2012, 02:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatre View Post

this thing says its "the only media player in the world that can play 3d bluray isos"
http://www.himedia-tech.cn/en/product_show.php?id=27

I'ma lso wodnering about teh oppo 3d bluray player that supposedly can play 3d bd isos from an attached external hdd.

The Oppo can play bluray iso from a locally connected USB or SATA hard drive. The Oppo BD-95 has direct analog audio outputs for surround sound, while both the BD-93 and BD-95 have digital audio outputs.

The Oppo players cannot play bluray 3D correctly from a Lan based streaming source.

The Himedia 900 players can play bluray 3D both from a local hard drive and also from over a lan from a server. It is the Lan based playback that makes them unique. Himedia is one of many that use the Realtek 1186 system chip. See this thread for info.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1384106

The Oppo is older and more proven, yet lacks some newer features of other newer media players that the Oppo might never have. The Oppo has direct USA support, while the support for the other players is still "ramping up."

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 02-01-2012, 06:41 AM

Liked: 11
I use slysoft's virtual clonedrive software to mount my 3dbluray from my computer hard drive and run it through hdmi to my toshiba 3dtv. It outputs in true 3d.
post #33 of 51 Old 02-01-2012, 07:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Richard- Please update your knowledgebase on Oppo. Both the 93 and 95 have analog audio outputs for 7.1 connections. The 95 uses higher quality components in the audio section. Comparing the 95 and 93 is more like comparing the older 83 SE with the 83. The 95 also has internal wifi and the 93 does not. The 95 is considered an "audiophile" version of the 93 as the 95 is built with superior DAC's and heftier power supply.
Having owned ( still do) a BD-83SE with those superior audio components, I discovered at my age, my hearing could not detect a difference so I went with the 93 when upgrading to 3D. I also don't need the wifi because I have a ethernet 16 port switch built into my equipment cabinet.

Let me clarify about wifi and the 93. The player comes with a wifi USB dongle that has been preconfigured to work from the menus in the setup of the 93 but it is external dongle device and has limited wifi support. b and g but not n. 95 is internal and supports n.
post #34 of 51 Old 02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Take care with the OPPO - as far as I know they are forced to ban the playback function of 3D ISOs. So a firmware update should be taken with some care.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #35 of 51 Old 02-01-2012, 10:06 AM

Oppo have already removed iso functionality from the latest firmware.
post #36 of 51 Old 02-01-2012, 04:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaNaix View Post

Oppo have already removed iso functionality from the latest firmware.

What firmware is that? I have 61-1219 and it still plays all my iso's including 3D just fine. These iso's were generated by Sony Vegas Pro.

When I got home from CES and learning about iso support on juke boxes forced removal I disconnected my Oppo from the internet.

Wolfgang- It's all iso's, not just 3D stuff. And it's all jukebox devices which will still support other video formats like wmv etc. Will these restrictions affect you in Austria?
post #37 of 51 Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

I just checked the status of my Himedia900b shipment and it says tracking San Francisco scanned in but est delivery time is March 2. I wonder if this is being held up in customs?

I ordered it back on Jan 20th.
post #38 of 51 Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Hi Don,

I also order an Himedia 900A (as I have my vegas 3d iso on NAS) last week in UK. I will receive it next days.
post #39 of 51 Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

What firmware is that?

The latest one...

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...-64-0119B.aspx

... and all future releases as well. There is no guarantee you will be able to play future Blu-Ray releases without a firmware update (in fact, it's highly unlikely) so don't expect to keep running that old iso compatible firmware forever. The Oppo is simply no longer an option for those wanting support for iso playback.
post #40 of 51 Old 02-04-2012, 12:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaNaix View Post

The latest one...

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...-64-0119B.aspx

... and all future releases as well. There is no guarantee you will be able to play future Blu-Ray releases without a firmware update (in fact, it's highly unlikely) so don't expect to keep running that old iso compatible firmware forever. The Oppo is simply no longer an option for those wanting support for iso playback.

Understand that. It's why I immediately ordered the Himedia 900B which can play those iso's, even over the lan and won't need a firmware update to play BluRay. Now that the 900b is here and confirmed to work, I can put my hard drive of iso's in it and once again accept OPPO firmware updates.
post #41 of 51 Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobigj View Post

Doubt whatever you want, but I can tell you it plays 3d iso with ease. I am using a Mits WD-73738 as the display and its connected via HDMI through the 3d adapter included with the starter pack. I have watched Avatar (ISO), How to Train Your Dragon (ISO), Shrek Forever After (ISO), and many others (MKV's) with no issues.

Super Liar!
it plays the 3D ISO file, but in 2D mode. that what you got!
I purchased a free-agent theater, when I saw your post, but you are liar!
post #42 of 51 Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Understand that. It's why I immediately ordered the Himedia 900B which can play those iso's, even over the lan and won't need a firmware update to play BluRay. Now that the 900b is here and confirmed to work, I can put my hard drive of iso's in it and once again accept OPPO firmware updates.

Now that I have the HiMedia 900b let me update my post above with what works and what doesn't.

First, note that I still have my Oppo Bd93 and it plays all 3D iso files the same as if a real physical disk was played. It's without a doubt, best of breed for playing iso files. I keep my Oppo disconnected from the network so any updates to wreck this capability will not gain access to my OPPO.

The 900B, however will play the 3D iso files without stuttering and motion artifacts on my system but is limited to direct program play only. In other words no extra features or popup menu navigation can be done. This is highly restrictive and creates problems for many who wish to play commercial ripped media. There is a firmware menu popup that allows for chapter advance called "BD Lite" but it is quite limited. The third option is BD 1.0 which is backward compatible with older simple menu based Blu ray disks but won't work for newer disks. I normally use BD-Lite.
post #43 of 51 Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Small world seeing this post of threads.

I want to be able to play my ripped BR iso's. (I have no desire for any 3D stuff!!)

I have a new Popcornhour C-300 coming in a week. I believe this will allow me to play my ripped DVD and BR iso's via streaming.

Just looking around to see what is out there for buying another box. I could do the A-300 PCH. Was trying to see if I could find some type of Set top box BR player to stream which has a BR player in it, but not sure what is out there. Looks like the Oppo used to play but no longer does?

So, any suggestions?
post #44 of 51 Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 AM

I have heard WD Tv Live plus can play blu-ray iso rip files but it can't play files bigger than 35G. Also you can't use chapters and you may be not able to see subtitles. Anyone here can confirm this?

I found a lot of devices with different brand all can play blu-ray iso in 3D. One I have choosen is "egreat R6S pro" and soon I will purchase one.
post #45 of 51 Old 05-01-2012, 04:00 AM

I purchased one egreat R6S oday and test it with "jurny to the center of the earth". It was great. Playes iso files in full 3D with no problem.
post #46 of 51 Old 05-01-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_oo7 View Post

I purchased one egreat R6S oday and test it with "jurny to the center of the earth". It was great. Playes iso files in full 3D with no problem.

It will be shipped from either Hong Kong or China. How long were you told delivery would take?

I would like to have a device that plays 3D Blu Ray ISOs from my computer but am wary about ordering direct from the Far East.

The Oppo 93 was an option but that apparently has been removed by Oppo according to Don Landis.

Thanks for your reply.

Marty
post #47 of 51 Old 05-01-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videoguy68 View Post

It will be shipped from either Hong Kong or China. How long were you told delivery would take?

I would like to have a device that plays 3D Blu Ray ISOs from my computer but am wary about ordering direct from the Far East.

The Oppo 93 was an option but that apparently has been removed by Oppo according to Don Landis.

Thanks for your reply.

Marty

I purchased from local store. I don't know how long delivery may take. I just found it great . The moment I played the iso file, hmz-t1 said 3D detected and start playing. quality is perfect. only problem is hardly pixels could be seen. If hmz-t1 was 1080 instead of 760 that would be fantastic since you wouldn't see any pixel at all.
post #48 of 51 Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Yes the Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray player supports 3D ISO files but not from a network share only from a USB disk or a harddrive connected through Esata.

I ripped about 15 3D movies with AnyDVD and they all plays perfectly, i cant tell a difference between the original blu-ray i bought and the backup :-)

Be aware that the main movie companyes forced Oppo to release a new firmware that disable this 3D ISO feature (so dont upgrade).
post #49 of 51 Old 08-07-2012, 01:21 PM

Can you get your C300 to pla Blu-ray ISO's without being unstabble (read the sound crash) when you play an ISO especially if its with dts master audio.

Syabas havent been able to fix after 6 months now so dont buy a PopcornHour C300 if your an ISO lover.

The older C200 works by the way perfectly with ISO's so I guess it's the new Sigma chip that has a flaw in the design.
post #50 of 51 Old 09-08-2012, 12:23 PM

Hi There, I'am trying to download 3D movies from TORRENTS they came in iso archive, but some how can not open or recignoze to convert into mkv and have may library on Hard Disc instaed of burning BkluRay Discs, iam using Freemake video converter but it does not open the downloded files.

can you help me on how to do it...thanks.
post #51 of 51 Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 AM

Hi David,

What do you use to stream your 2D Blueray ISOs? Also, you mentioned you have a 18TB NAS. Which brand NAS it that? I have an old Infrant 4TB NAS that I am looking to upgrade.

Finally, what is the optimal solution you found to stream blueray isos/mkvs? Is the FreeAgent Theater HD the best solution out there?

Thanks!

-rsaanon
Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page