post #271 of 1579 Old 05-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajibo View Post

Hey Guys,

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered this camera. Unfortunately, it was In Stock when I started the order process and Backordered again by the time I completed it.

I look forward to learning and sharing with you in the near future.

Until then....

Not sure what's going on with Sonystyle.com. I ordered mine yesterday morning when it was listed as "In Stock" with an estimated ship date of 05/03/11. About an hour later it was once again listed as "Back Ordered".

My order showed "Processing" with an estimated ship date of 05/03/11 - then changed to "Processing" with an estimated ship date of 05/02/11.

Today it still shows as "Processing" with an estimated ship date of 05/02/11. I also ordered another item at the same time and it is showing "Ready To Ship" with a date of 05/03/11.

rajibo, does your order show as "Processing" or "Back Ordered"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1579 Old 05-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg777 View Post

rajibo, does your order show as "Processing" or "Back Ordered"?

I look at it now and it shows 'Processing' with a ship date of 5/3/11. Right after I ordered it, it said 'Backordered'. The main page for the camera still has it listed as backordered.

I hope it's not those Sony hackers trying to be funny while stealing our credit card info....
post #273 of 1579 Old 05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 145
The web site also has a reference to stores that currently have stock but while Sony claims they do, the stores I called on have not received anything yet.
post #274 of 1579 Old 05-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Don Check this out. Let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnGIScAQg3o
post #275 of 1579 Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 PM

I've just about had it with Sony.

They apparently do not understand the consumer protection laws in New York. Jerking people around by listing items as "In Stock," just to accumulate more orders is not right. I'm about ready to go to the Attorney General's Consumer Complaints office and file a report.

I got the guy on the other end of the phone this afternoon to admit they have not had a shipment since the last one. Some cameras were diverted to "other countries." No one there knows when a shipment will arrive, or how many cameras will be received. Apparently, a ton of people have bailed out of Amazon, B&H, etc., and switched their orders to Sony.

I changed my vacation a week to receive the camera which I was told would be shipped out last week.

Lets see if the cameras suddenly show up tomorrow after a complaint is filed.

What a load.

M.
post #276 of 1579 Old 05-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxchance View Post

i've just about had it with sony.

They apparently do not understand the consumer protection laws in new york. Jerking people around by listing items as "in stock," just to accumulate more orders is not right. I'm about ready to go to the attorney general's consumer complaints office and file a report.

I got the guy on the other end of the phone this afternoon to admit they have not had a shipment since the last one. Some cameras were diverted to "other countries." no one there knows when a shipment will arrive, or how many cameras will be received. Apparently, a ton of people have bailed out of amazon, b&h, etc., and switched their orders to sony.

I changed my vacation a week to receive the camera which i was told would be shipped out last week.

Lets see if the cameras suddenly show up tomorrow after a complaint is filed.

What a load.

M.

i hate peggy:d:d
post #277 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member

Hey don i am looking at this one to hold my vids. What do ya think.

http://store.westerndigital.com/stor...catid.13093000
post #278 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 06:30 AM

Got the following email form sonystyle.com this morning:

Thank you for your recent Sony purchase.

We would like to inform you we are experiencing a delay with your Sony order. The following item HDRTD10 has been rescheduled to ship on 05/06/2011.

Tracking information will be sent via email once your order ships. This number will also be available within the order history in your Sony Account. If you are unable to continue waiting we encourage you to visit our website or call 1-877-865-7669 to work with a Sony sales representative to find an alternative product that will meet your needs.

I’ll really be surprised if it actually ships on the 6th.
post #279 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 07:34 AM

I would not be in any hurry....... just in from Sony

Backordered

Estimated ship date: 05/16/2011
post #280 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 AM

My order still says shipping on the 4th and I havent received an email yet. I ordered through my company's employee purchase plan so I dont know if they handle those orders differently.
post #281 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 07:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Got the following email form sonystyle.com this morning:

Thank you for your recent Sony purchase.

We would like to inform you we are experiencing a delay with your Sony order. The following item HDRTD10 has been rescheduled to ship on 05/06/2011.

Tracking information will be sent via email once your order ships. This number will also be available within the order history in your Sony Account. If you are unable to continue waiting we encourage you to visit our website or call 1-877-865-7669 to work with a Sony sales representative to find an alternative product that will meet your needs.

I’ll really be surprised if it actually ships on the 6th.

OK- I checked back in the thread and you placed your order on the 2nd and are getting good feedback. I think I will place one with Sony today and see how that tracks. Note- my original order was placed on the 15th of April with Amazon and they have no idea when stock will come in. I will keep that one on order and if I get two, then I'll see if anyone here wants it or I'll just return it as Amazon has an excellent return policy.

Done! I also got the estimated ship date as 5/16 after I processed the order. Just got another e-mail and it too said the ship date would be 5/16.
post #282 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

OK- I checked back in the thread and you placed your order on the 2nd and are getting good feedback. I think I will place one with Sony today and see how that tracks. Note- my original order was placed on the 15th of April with Amazon and they have no idea when stock will come in. I will keep that one on order and if I get two, then I'll see if anyone here wants it or I'll just return it as Amazon has an excellent return policy.

Done! I also got the estimated ship date as 5/16 after I processed the order. Just got another e-mail and it too said the ship date would be 5/16.

Wow, 5/16 now. It looks like it will be a footrace at a snails pace to see who ships first, Style or Amazon. Should the Amazon order go out first can you easily cancel the SonyStyle order?
post #283 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Sony has made it very clear that all back orders with them will be filled first. I have no reason not to believe this as it's come from multiple sources including Sony, Style Stores and B&H Photo. This may not be true with other product releases, but seems to be true this time.

Max
post #284 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 01:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Now we know what will take to get product into the stores, don't we?

When the stores begin to price compete, aka street price we will see thenm get inventory. Right now there is no incentive for the consumer to buy from a second in line to deliver. When the stores offer a street discount as is usually the case with consumer electronics, then people will be canceling the Sony orders and place with the street priced store. No more Back orders and now the stores will get shipments so they can deliver.
post #285 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchance View Post

Sony has made it very clear that all back orders with them will be filled first. I have no reason not to believe this as it's come from multiple sources including Sony, Style Stores and B&H Photo. This may not be true with other product releases, but seems to be true this time.

Max

Max hang tight. You will be rewarded when you get it. Trust me its very very nice. I placed my ordered right after ces show. I have no idea how i got mine so soon. But rest assured when you get it your wait will be well worth it. I just bought a 1 tb external hd to save the stuff i shoot until a player comes out to burn blurays in 3d
post #286 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Now we know what will take to get product into the stores, don't we?

When the stores begin to price compete, aka street price we will see thenm get inventory. Right now there is no incentive for the consumer to buy from a second in line to deliver. When the stores offer a street discount as is usually the case with consumer electronics, then people will be canceling the Sony orders and place with the street priced store. No more Back orders and now the stores will get shipments so they can deliver.

Of course the order site for SonyStyle says orders can only be cancelled in the first hour. Anyone know if you would have to go ahead with the order and the hastle of returning it should an alternative source (i.e. Amazon) become available for the camera prior to the current SonyStyle projected ship date of May16th?
post #287 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 02:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

IIRC Mastercard / VISA rules dictate that a full refund must be given if you can't deliver the merchandise within 48 hours of charging your card if the card owner requests, regardless of your store policy of no refunds. The work around was to not actually charge the card but to put a credit hold on the amount until you could ship. I used to have a merchant account so that is my source for the information. Delivery follows ICC rules which is delivery to a carrier, not necessarily the customer.
post #288 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV View Post

Of course the order site for SonyStyle says orders can only be cancelled in the first hour. Anyone know if you would have to go ahead with the order and the hastle of returning it should an alternative source (i.e. Amazon) become available for the camera prior to the current SonyStyle projected ship date of May16th?

Yes, they will refund. Not sure if it's this special circumstance or their overall policy. My business partner ordered one but got fed up with waiting and went with a GoPro 3D setup for the next few weeks and he'll reorder when there are actually cameras in stock.

Max
post #289 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

IIRC Mastercard / VISA rules dictate that a full refund must be given if you can't deliver the merchandise within 48 hours of charging your card if the card owner requests, regardless of your store policy of no refunds. The work around was to not actually charge the card but to put a credit hold on the amount until you could ship. I used to have a merchant account so that is my source for the information. Delivery follows ICC rules which is delivery to a carrier, not necessarily the customer.

Had the order been placed via AMEX would same rules apply? By the way my order status (pending) actually shows an earlier estimated ship date than that on the order page. Of course, I have not received a confirming email yet so that may be moot. Curious too if paying the extra $20 for expedited shipping, as I did, has any effect on when the order goes out?
post #290 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Had the order been placed via AMEX would same rules apply? By the way my order status (pending) actually shows an earlier estimated ship date than that on the order page. Of course, I have not received a confirming email yet so that may be moot. Curious too if paying the extra $20 for expedited shipping, as I did, has any effect on when the order goes out?

My original ship date was April 15. The order page says "shipping date of April 29."

Go figure.

M.
post #291 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Had the order been placed via AMEX would same rules apply?

Pretty sure but have had no personal experience with them but I believe all the CC rules are universal, some are Federal law and others are just card merchant rules. Understand that returns for refund is not the same thing.

Oh, I forgot. I did have a case with an AMEX a few years ago where a client tried to claim I never delivered on a service. He had me put his 30 second commercial on DirecTV and I did place the ad but he claimed he never got any calls. He tried to claim non delivery and I charged his card. I had to show proof that I delivered the commercial to DirecTV and that they ran the commercial. Submitted the logs and was off the hook. The funniest aspect of this claim was who the client was. Do you recall those commercials for companies who offered a service to show you how to not pay your credit card bill and get away with it? I should have known better than to accept a CC for work that I did for him. LOL! Anyway, the fact is, AMEX made me show proof that I delivered services or I wasn't going to get paid.
post #292 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 03:16 PM

Just got off the phone with Sony. Delivery date on ALL orders now at May 16+. The customer service person did not know why there has been another big delay. Yes, you can cancel the order since they are in "back ordered" mode. Address change is only allowed if it's in the same zip code.

Max
post #293 of 1579 Old 05-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchance View Post

Just got off the phone with Sony. Delivery date on ALL orders now at May 16+. The customer service person did not know why there has been another big delay. Yes, you can cancel the order since they are in "back ordered" mode. Address change is only allowed if it's in the same zip code.

Max

Thanks for the update but do you question whether these "customer service" people are even with Sony or just part of some fulfilment contractor who really are only privy to limited information?
post #294 of 1579 Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

Hey i have a question. I bought a 1tb my passport essntial se hd. I have to format the drive to fat32 correct. So i have done that via computer so now the hd is fat32. I see on page 47 of the manual that it say the following.Format the external device using the camcorder before use. The format screen appears when an external media deviceis connected to your camcorder. Make sure that important data has not previously been saved on theexternal media device before you format it using the camcorder. See page 47 my question is after i format this external via computer do i have to do it again via camcorder. why would i have to format the external hd twice so it seems.
post #295 of 1579 Old 05-05-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post

See page 47 my question is after i format this external via computer do i have to do it again via camcorder. why would i have to format the external hd twice so it seems.

I would just hook it up to the camera and see if it works. If it does you're good to go, if not try formatting it with the camera.

Jim
post #296 of 1579 Old 05-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

ok Formatted the external hd to fat32 via computer and went to pull vids off the pmb.Guess what all the files are messed up not mvc at all.Here is what i did wrong . On page 47 .Format the external device using the CAMCORDER before use. The format screen appears when an external media deviceis connected to your camcorder. Make sure that important data has not previously been saved on theexternal media device before you format it using the camcorder. Why is IT that you have to do it that way frist. I didnt think formatting it before would matter but i guess it does for some reason. The screen on the cam show USB CABLE HAS BEEN DISSCONNECTED
External media maybe damaged
Press the x button to end.

So new sony camcorder if saving your stuff to external HD You must set it up via CAMCORDER FIRST . I will reformat the HD BACK to original and see if that will work . If not there went 100 bucks for the learning curve. I really dont understand why if the External hd is formatted in fat 32 via computer first .Theres a problem . Anyone on this
post #297 of 1579 Old 05-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I would just hook it up to the camera and see if it works. If it does you're good to go, if not try formatting it with the camera.

Jim

Nope read post above. I will reformat the External HD BACK to original like when i bought it .And the hook it up via what the book says. And see if that works.Man everything is a learning curve. I guess next time read the instruction book first huh
post #298 of 1579 Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

icerat4-

You are mixing everything up now. So lets get it done right...

1. You buy an external hard drive.
2. You connect it to the camcorder via USB.
3. You see the camcorder screen that says to format the drive. DO THAT!
4. Now select the 3D clips you wish to copy to the Hard drive. Use "Direct Copy" to copy the clips to the hard drive. "Copy" transfers the clips from internal memory to the SD card.

DO NOT disconnect the drive before you are done. DO NOT USE PMB in this process. PMB is for transferring your video and stills to your computer from your camcorder.

When you connect the new hard drive to your camcorder the copy process has nothing to do with PMB.

Rescue for errors- Should you ever get a message that the files on the camcorder are corrupt it may just be the File allocation table that is messed up. In the menus of the Sony Camcorder they have a tool that allows you to reconstruct the File Allocation Table to salvage the video. This often happens when you lose power during a copy process or you disconnect the USB cable before the copy process is complete. In the camcorder's menus select "Repair Img. DB F" see page 56 in the manual.

Quote:
Why is IT that you have to do it that way frist.

?

In addition to doing a hard drive format the camcorder also will set up a standard media folder structure for the files to be stored. such as \\DCIM\\
post #299 of 1579 Old 05-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

DO NOT disconnect the drive before you are done. DO NOT USE PMB in this process. PMB is for transferring your video and stills to your computer from your camcorder.

O i thought you could import the files from the cam to pmb .Then take the vids on pmb and store them in the external HD. in raw form mvc. So pmb is useless for transfering 3d movies in the correct mvc files correct.As it seem. So for full rez mvc files .Direct from can to external Hd is the only way to get the right files for future blu ray burn. If you tell me this is wrong i am going to call you .Because then i know i am slow and stupid.Let me ask you this also .When i watch my vids in 3d via my tv. Are those mvc files or is that half the rez i should be getting more once i can put these raw mvc files onto a blu ray .Which will be sometime later.
post #300 of 1579 Old 05-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I assume the "space" in the camera includes onto a SD card inserted into the camera? That would suggest that one could just record all one's 3D content directly onto the camera inserted SD card and then just take out and put back the cards when one wanted to view same? I see SD cards have been dropping in price like Navy Seals sliding down ropes from helicopters.

Is this a viable option to dumping one's files onto an external hard drive? Alternatively would transfer to a thumb drive work equally well for storage of full 3D files?
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page