Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 1579 Old 03-16-2011, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post

Here's a web site devoted to being the first review of the HDR-TD10. Well at least he was thorough in getting the URL.

http://www.sonyhdr-td10review.com/

Also SonyStyle is still showing April 15, 2011 as the availability date.

That's the best review till now
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1579 Old 03-19-2011, 10:30 PM

With only a little under a month until the cameras were due, I would suspect many are already boxed and ready to go. I would also speculate that those who pre-ordered will have the best shot at getting one.

I would be a little upset if Sony knows there will be delays and is holding back the information just to get more orders.

We will see soon enough.

M.
post #33 of 1579 Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 88
From CNN Money,

"But Sony said it has suspended operations through March 31 at facilities making such things as camcorders, broadcasting equipment, camera lenses and microphones due to limited raw materials and components"

Full article at:
http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/22/news...ex.htm?iid=RNM

While camcorders are probably a big part of this plant's output, 3D camcorders are probably a very small part and really wouldn't influence any decisions about reopening of a plant.

Also, if final assembly is done in Japan, then they'll have to find an open port, with open roads, to ship the units to their destination.
post #34 of 1579 Old 03-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Looks like i was right late june for us sony fans . O well
post #35 of 1579 Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Advanced Member

Looks like i was wrong again. I have a shipped dated 3/24 on my account.
post #36 of 1579 Old 03-24-2011, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post

how nice!
I just held back my finger which would have ordered a JVC TD1 last evening

looking forward to seeing your review on the sony
post #37 of 1579 Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 PM

Has anyone actually received this camera yet?

I see people have posted that it's "been shipped" but no one has confirmed that they received it.

I called Sony and they say many "newer" video products and accessories from Japan are likely to be delayed until further notice, although a few may have shipped in advance of the Earthquake.

Max
post #38 of 1579 Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchance View Post

Has anyone actually received this camera yet?

I see people have posted that it's "been shipped" but no one has confirmed that they received it.

I called Sony and they say many "newer" video products and accessories from Japan are likely to be delayed until further notice, although a few may have shipped in advance of the Earthquake.

Max

will see it after april 14th delayed
post #39 of 1579 Old 03-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Delayed til nov. some time. Seems like the cams were in production when the quake hit.

hope they update the sony style page as it is not.
post #40 of 1579 Old 03-29-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:

Delayed til nov. some time. Seems like the cams were in production when the quake hit.

does your pre-order page say so?
november that long?
post #41 of 1579 Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Where are you getting your information from?

Have you actually ordered the camera? If so, where?

Thanks
post #42 of 1579 Old 03-30-2011, 12:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 156
While these people generally don't deal with consumer products, I will be visiting with Sony Professional and Broadcast in 2 weeks. I'll try to see what I can find out. I didn't preorder but did plan on buying the unit in May. I will also be able to talk to the reps at B&H as they are the world's largest Sony sales retailer. As soon as I find out anything new, I'll post it here. I may order at the NAB show if there are any show discounts being offered.
post #43 of 1579 Old 03-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Something is going on. I just recived email saying. Sorry your order will ship on 4/15 . This was after i had recived a email stating 3/24 its shipping. And a person on the phone said nov. At this point who knows. I can tell ya mine was preordered months ago from a sony style store thats was closing.Long story short it took sony corprate 1 month to get me a check back in the mail.After many many calls .It was horrible. But all is said and done i got the camcorder on order and just recived this email of 4/15 to ship. Which is the date on the sony style stores page. For all i went thru with the store closing and dealing with people for a month to get my money back and reorder. They gave me a great deal on the camcorder. 1/2 off the original price. So i was takin care of for the big hassle these people put me thru. I will update ya guys if i get any more new news .
post #44 of 1579 Old 03-30-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Something is going on. I just recived email saying. Sorry your order will ship on 4/15 . This was after i had recived a email stating 3/24 its shipping. And a person on the phone said nov. At this point who knows. I can tell ya mine was preordered months ago from a sony style store thats was closing.Long story short it took sony corprate 1 month to get me a check back in the mail.After many many calls .It was horrible. But all is said and done i got the camcorder on order and just recived this email of 4/15 to ship. Which is the date on the sony style stores page. For all i went thru with the store closing and dealing with people for a month to get my money back and reorder. They gave me a great deal on the camcorder. 1/2 off the original price. So i was takin care of for the big hassle these people put me thru. I will update ya guys if i get any more new news .
Sorry, my bullcrapola meter just went to 11.

Where was the Sony Store was closing?

Why would you go to a store to preorder and not go through sonystyle when you knew the store was closing?

There is no way in hell that Sony is going to give you 50% off the 'original' price.

Your posting of different dates that you 'recived' email from Sony for shipping is at best 11 on the BS meter.

I hope the folks here pay no attention to your crap.
post #45 of 1579 Old 03-30-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by geezin View Post

Where was the Sony Store was closing?

Not to support or deny the other statements but Google finds this for SonyStyle store closings, among other locations.
http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/6712
post #46 of 1579 Old 03-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Ok kids. Non believers. I bought a viao and this 3d camcorder from sony style in ill . the old orchard mall in skoike il. I paid cash for both units at the same time.Both were to be shipped to the store were i would pick them up. The computer came in and the store was to set it up. Heres where the problem comes in. They found out they were closing the store days later.So the camara that was going to be shipped would go to a store that wasnt there, So they cancelled the order and said id get a gift card in the mail to reorder the cam and have it sent to my house. Well after many many calls with PEGGY AND others it took 1 month for them to get me a check back to reorder the cam. I had a 500 gift code the store gave me when i purchased it. Dont know why but i didnt ask. As no one was helpping me get my money back i call sony store in nj. melio park. Very nice people they help me out and not only got my money back . But gave me 650 off the unit for all my aggervation and time. so the cam was 850. No ******** guys. Hope that clears up the crap. Lol when i get it i will give ya my impression of it.Sony def needs to get there customer service in line it was horrible dealing with oversea outsource people. Thanks to the folks out in new jersery for the help..

Subtotal:
$1,729.98
Promotional Discount:
-$650.00
Tax:
$53.12
Shipping:
INCLUDED
Total:
$1,133.10

Product: HDRTD10
Per Unit Price: $849.99
Quantity: 1
Total Price: $849.99
Description: Full HD 3D Camcorder
Ship Method: Standard
Estimated Ship Date: On backorder. We will notify you by e-mail once your order has shipped.
Extended Service Plan: 4 Year Service Plan with Accidental Damage from Handling [Sony recommends]
Price: $229.99

Subtotal: $1,079.98
Tax:$53.12
Shipping Charges:$0.00

Order Total:$1,133.10

AS you see 845.00 for the cam. I bought the 4 year warranty to.

Ok say your sorry guys .Lol
post #47 of 1579 Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

its all good guys ill kep ya in da loop as things go on.
post #48 of 1579 Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

While these people generally don't deal with consumer products, I will be visiting with Sony Professional and Broadcast in 2 weeks. I'll try to see what I can find out. I didn't preorder but did plan on buying the unit in May. I will also be able to talk to the reps at B&H as they are the world's largest Sony sales retailer. As soon as I find out anything new, I'll post it here. I may order at the NAB show if there are any show discounts being offered.

thanks don.
post #49 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That makes it sound like the factory itself was somehow damaged in the quake. Does Sony have manufacturing facilities in the proximity of Sendai? I would have thought most production would be in and around larger areas like Osaka, Nagoya or Tokyo. I wonder if the delay to November is in recognition that JVC has come out with a superior product at a similar price point and so the market was not going to be as robust as originally anticipated or alternatively that domestic orders in Japan have been slashed due to uncertainties. I guess it is all speculation at this point, but sorry to learn that we won't be able to get a good hands on comparison between the JVC and the Sony until probably the end of the year at the earliest.
post #50 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:

Looks like i was right late june for us sony fans . O well

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

its all good guys ill kep ya in da loop as things go on.

What loop? Unless you work for Sony and have inside knowledge, you're in no loop.

Could you post the emails you got from Sony claiming the early release to you and the updates?

SonyStyle still shows a 4/15 date and preorder. I can't understand why your order shows backorder. How can something be a backorder when it hasn't been released yet?
post #51 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What loop? Unless you work for Sony and have inside knowledge, you're in no loop.

Could you post the emails you got from Sony claiming the early release to you and the updates?

SonyStyle still shows a 4/15 date and preorder. I can't understand why your order shows backorder. How can something be a backorder when it hasn't been released yet?

Ya know what dude. When i get my cam i get it. Its people like you who make the internet a drama place. Relax the cam is due out for ship as shown 4/15. I told my story and thats it. Drama Queen RElax Its here when its here. Order one get in line and you will have all the info you want. Hows that.
post #52 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The loop is ment here. I am in the AV FORUM LOOP LOL.
post #53 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Ya know what dude. When i get my cam i get it. Its people like you who make the internet a drama place. Relax the cam is due out for ship as shown 4/15. I told my story and thats it. Drama Queen RElax Its here when its here. Order one get in line and you will have all the info you want. Hows that.

No, it's you that made this thread a drama place. Go back and take a look at your posts, as illiterate as they are.

Hows that.

I can't wait to see your review, if and when you get it.
post #54 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:

The loop is ment here. I am in the AV FORUM LOOP LOL.

illiterate... look it up
post #55 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 05:01 PM

OK, here is an update from a business associate in NY who buys and reps. Sony products for online camera stores.

There is NO news. Distributors, sales reps, dealers, etc. have been told nothing, other than there is a run on camcorder batteries and some specific Sony items). (See below).

Corporate Sony has not said or otherwise posted anything about delays, delivery dates, etc. He is doubtful that even the management at Sony Style has any word. Sony is a massive company that makes a lot of products, not only 3D cameras! The corporate wheels are obviously turning very slowly right now. From reading various news reports (sample listed below), it appears some "camcorder" factories were closed until the end of the month, in addition to battery manufacturing facilities.

One can assume there will be a delay, but again, w/o any official word it's foolish to make a guess. However, being a businessman myself, I would think Sony might make a special effort to launch a new product on time to avoid others from taking over the market.

From Bloomberg:

"Japan's largest exporter of consumer electronics, halted factories that make televisions and cameras, citing difficulties procuring components and materials following the March 11 earthquake.

The company suspended operations at five plants in central and southern Japan, including in the Aichi and Oita prefectures, starting today until the end of this month, the Tokyo-based electronics maker said in a statement. The factories make liquid-crystal display TVs, camcorders, cameras, mobile phones, headphones and broadcasting equipment, it said.

The move increases the number of Sony's plant closures to 12 after the company halted operations at factories that make products ranging from Blu-ray discs to semiconductor lasers since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan. The electronics maker said it may shift some production overseas if shortages of parts and materials persist."

End quote###
post #56 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

no, it's you that made this thread a drama place. Go back and take a look at your posts, as illiterate as they are.

Hows that.

I can't wait to see your review, if and when you get it.

. Go buy one and review it yourself jerk.hows that for illiterate.
post #57 of 1579 Old 03-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

post #58 of 1579 Old 04-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

another e mail today.

Thank you for your recent Sony purchase.

We would like to inform you we are experiencing a delay with your Sony order. The following item HDRTD10 has been rescheduled to ship on 04/15/2011.

Tracking information will be sent via email once your order ships. This number will also be available within the order history in your Sony Account. If you are unable to continue waiting we encourage you to visit our website or call 1-877-865-7669 to work with a Sony sales representative to find an alternative product that will meet your needs.

We appreciate your understanding and thank you for choosing Sony!

Sincerely,

Sony Customer Care
SonyStyle.com
post #59 of 1579 Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:

another e mail today.

Thank you for this

I think I still wait for sony, no more than half a month left, and this product worthes it.

and I don't think there was any illiterate in your posts, I appreciate your up-to-date sharing very much

and if your Sony comes earlier, please post some comment asap, thanks ahead
post #60 of 1579 Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 PM

NEWS FLASH.... Some customers have received this camera!!! I found several discussions on tech sites (today) from a few who have just received the camera and are seeking assistance with editing the footage.

This of course does not mean everyone who pre-ordered will get it by April 15th. Regardless, very interesting and positive news!

Max
Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page