post #151 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacarth View Post

Happened to find this link to a users manual.

http://www.pdfuu.com/sony-hdr-td10e-...eshooting.html

Page 30 shows the adjustments i think don and frank are talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 AM

You Lucky %$#$^&*!

They "back ordered" my pre-order this morning. I called and they said they ran out of cameras and had no new shipment date. I canceled the sale. Figure some of the Sony Stores will get a shipment today. I'm sure some pre-order guy will be selling his on the bay for over 2k, although I'm not that desperate.

Good luck everyone!

Oh well..... wait wait wait wait......

M.
post #153 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchance View Post
You Lucky %$#$^&*!

They "back ordered" my pre-order this morning. I called and they said they ran out of cameras and had no new shipment date. I canceled the sale. Figure some of the Sony Stores will get a shipment today. I'm sure some pre-order guy will be selling his on the bay for over 2k, although I'm not that desperate.

Good luck everyone!

Oh well..... wait wait wait wait......

M.

I know i will not be selling mine period. My wife just called and the cam is at the house it just got there. So i will be home at 4 and have up a vid of the unboxing and if i can firgure out how to use it i will share what i see.
post #154 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 AM

Glad for you!

It's hard to imagine Sony only received enough cameras to fill a few Sony Style orders. I don't know of anyone else who ordered from the Sony site and has received a shipment notice. They must have had a lot of pre-orders on their site. Amazon says they have not even been notified of an "arrival" date and they usually get about a weeks notice. I called the Sony stores in New York, Dallas and Seattle (to cover all regions) and they also say there is no ship date. I suspect a lucky few are receiving the shipment that went out before the earthquake and now the real back order wait begins.

M.
post #155 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 AM

UPDATE....

Just got off the phone with Sony Style and spoke with a customer service manager. The ONLY orders that will be shipped in the near future are those placed on the Sony Style site. NO orders will be shipped to stores, vendors, anyone, until all back orders placed on the Sony site are filled. She did not know when more cameras would arrive, since things like customs, processing delays, etc., can alter dates. There were apparently a "load" of orders. So there you go!
post #156 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

post #157 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchance View Post

UPDATE....

Just got off the phone with Sony Style and spoke with a customer service manager. The ONLY orders that will be shipped in the near future are those placed on the Sony Style site. NO orders will be shipped to stores, vendors, anyone, until all back orders placed on the Sony site are filled. She did not know when more cameras would arrive, since things like customs, processing delays, etc., can alter dates. There were apparently a "load" of orders. So there you go!

I wouldn't put too much credence into what a Sony Style customer service person reports as to getting the camera from other sources. I ordered one of the new Sony 2011 3D TVs from another source and even after I got it Sony Style was still showing it as not yet in stock and then backordered.
post #158 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Got mine for 850 usd . sony customer service sucks ass .But they do take care of ya. May take many many phone calls to peggy but at 850 this toy is worth it. Thank you sony. Not so much the out source stuff. But NJ sony style store U get it Ty Vm.
post #159 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 06:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Saw this in the manual. News to me but this is a great idea. Didn't know this was possible:

 Press MANUAL.
 Rotate the MANUAL dial to adjust the depth of the image on the screen.
If you press MANUAL for several seconds, you can a  ssign another menu item to the MANUAL dial.
post #160 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Congrats, icerat4 on being one of the first few to receive your HDR-TD10. I did check Sony Style earlier today and at one time, the status said backordered and would ship 2 May 2011; checked again tonight and saw only the backordered status with no shipment date. I pre-ordered from Amazon a few weeks ago and tonight heard no new status on my TD10 shipment yet, not even an ETA.

Sony got an extra $250 from me from this delay; I caved in and ordered the MHS-FS3 3D Bloggie when Amazon started having them in stock earlier this week (the delay for it is only 5 days from the originally scheduled debut date). The 3D Bloggie will be my temporary toy while I wait for the TD10. It's interesting to note that the 3D Bloggie is also backordered on Sony Style's site but not Amazon.
post #161 of 1579 Old 04-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyW79SFV View Post

It's interesting to note that the 3D Bloggie is also backordered on Sony Style's site but not Amazon.

This confirms my experience suggesting that SonyStyle has limited product compared to some of the other sources for Sony products. Go figure.
post #162 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Saw this in the manual. News to me but this is a great idea. Didn't know this was possible:

 Press MANUAL.
 Rotate the MANUAL dial to adjust the depth of the image on the screen.
If you press MANUAL for several seconds, you can a  ssign another menu item to the MANUAL dial.

I will let ya know what options open up when i do this later this am. I am done reading thru the instruction book. Batts are fully charged so now i shoot and play.I am a rookie so bare with me.
post #163 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 02:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I'm curious about this cam even though I own the JVC, please post videos once you shoot them!

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #164 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

ok heres a real noob question should the lcd screen be clear or have an unfocus double image when in 3d mode. The lcd screen on this is very nice i see the 3d very clear. when zooming it gets a little un focus but then adjusted nicely.I just turned the cam on and set 3d to auto and thats it. I am at work with the cam. Once i get home tonight i will see how it looks on my tv.Other wise just viewing stuff on the lcd looks amazing clear and nice 3d too.
post #165 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

I kinda got the impression from the instructions that there would be some distrortion in the lcd when shooting 3d. I see a little but nothing crazy.This is one of the reason i hate being a noob with a new toy first. Lol knowing what to look for. Until i get home and play the stuff on my tv i wont know. Will this display be top and bottom side by side .
post #166 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

icerat4- When it comes to 3D we are all noobs! That's why I went to classes and read what the experts write. Frank buys stuff and experiments. Together we'll all figure it out and have fun in the process.

On the screen- here is what I was told as the best way to operate the TD10- Set up your scene in 2D mode. Once you are satisfied with the shot in 2D, even if you need to make manual adjustments to stuff like the focus, exposure, f-stop using the knob, then switch to 3D and adjust your view angle as the screen is a single viewer device. If you need to adjust the z-depth use the knob to tweak that. Now roll camera! and then call Action!

There will be times you will want to just shoot 3D on the fly. Understandable, but then you should not expect to achieve 100% perfect results. Rather you load up your shots in the camera and later select the good stuff, tossing out the bad.

Last week I shot some pics of my grandson age 2 coloring easter eggs for the first time with my cell phone. He was so startled at the color his facial expressions were priceless ( to the family) Everyone wanted to know how I can get such great shots. Here's the secret: To get the two they saw I shot close to 50 pictures and tossed the other 48 out.
Most people I know shoot digital like they were paying Kodak $3 per picture to get them developed. Film in my camera is reusable so shoot shoot shoot and pick out what is good later on. The moment is priceless, not the click of the shutter. Same goes for video. Just make sure you aren't making the same mistakes that you know results in poor quality. 3D will have new things to learn on what will ruin the 3D effect.
post #167 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Looks like B&H received some TD10s for shipment as they changed the status to "New Item, Available for pre-order" with the disclaimer: "This is a new item being released in limited quantity, We are accepting orders and they will be filled in the order they are received. Your card will be charged upon placing the order." Amazon: no dice. But all in all this is progress from the perpetual backordered status.
post #168 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyW79SFV View Post

Sony got an extra $250 from me from this delay; I caved in and ordered the MHS-FS3 3D Bloggie when Amazon started having them in stock earlier this week (the delay for it is only 5 days from the originally scheduled debut date). The 3D Bloggie will be my temporary toy while I wait for the TD10. It's interesting to note that the 3D Bloggie is also backordered on Sony Style's site but not Amazon.

Yes, I got word that my 3D Bloggie order will be here tomorrow too. From Amazon.

I wanted to have small compact 3D camera to keep with me. It was a tossup a few months ago between the Fuji and the Sony but again the Sony won, based on image quality this time. I can't wait to mix Bloggie video with the TD10 in Vegas for two camera angles of view.
post #169 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

icerat4- When it comes to 3D we are all noobs! That's why I went to classes and read what the experts write. Frank buys stuff and experiments.

Much of what I buy winds up as part of something I build.

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
post #170 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks i will just keep shooting different stuff and see how this works out. I have to figure out how i can get the 3d stuff i shoot onto a dvd. So i have a place to store all my shoots. I am going to shoot my boys playing hockey this sunday will see how that goes. Ive just been leaving it on 3d and shoot and i have to say the lcd vids are nice very nice lcd screen 3d without glasses shows very nice. Now i just have to get home and see it on the big screen .. i wish more had them here so i could pick up good tips . But i guess i have to wait for that to happen.
post #171 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Well don i hope you get your sony soon. So you can enlighten me on some tips.If you guys guide me thru how to download what i have shot so you can see it please let me know what and where to do it and i will show ya what ive done.
post #172 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 02:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

You can start with installing the PMB software. Some here may try to tell you you don't need to do that and that is true but without it the file names will be cryptic and PMB just makes things easier and you will have thumbnails as well. Plus you can then burn your downloads to a DVD or BD-R if you have a burner. Later you'll want to install Vegas or your choice of editing software even if you don't edit as that will allow you to re-render clips to a format of choice. I got into the habit of pulling everything into Vegas to check out but other players will also work.

The Bloggie has software that allows you to directly upload the 3D to Youtube and other online services. I see Frank uses Dropbox which is quite popular. I have my own server which allows me to do as I please but there are lots of different online services that allow you to upload your video and give you a link to it to publish.
post #173 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Hey guys On my camara there is a setting that says HDMI 3D Setting.

Set HDMI output when connected to 3D TV.

AUTO Frame Packing Side By Side which is the best setting to go with.
post #174 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You can start with installing the PMB software. Some here may try to tell you you don't need to do that and that is true but without it the file names will be cryptic and PMB just makes things easier and you will have thumbnails as well. Plus you can then burn your downloads to a DVD or BD-R if you have a burner. Later you'll want to install Vegas or your choice of editing software even if you don't edit as that will allow you to re-render clips to a format of choice. I got into the habit of pulling everything into Vegas to check out but other players will also work.

The Bloggie has software that allows you to directly upload the 3D to Youtube and other online services. I see Frank uses Dropbox which is quite popular. I have my own server which allows me to do as I please but there are lots of different online services that allow you to upload your video and give you a link to it to publish.

yes i do have PMB on both my computers i love it. So once i take the 3d vids from the cam to pmb just burn it on a dvd. Or i also have a blu ray burner in my high end computer so i am assuming i could also burn all the footage on a bl disk to correct. That would be great. Funny i was shooting at my bodyshop today .And playing around with the settings .Found out i was shooting in 1080i So i switched it to 1080p. opps lol the rookie learning curve.
post #175 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

I will tell all you guys waiting to get this cam. You will be very happy you waited.The lcd screen is really cool. I thought yea sure its a gimmick look. I can assure you its not. The 3d without glasses imo is very clear very nice. You were right Don well worth the wait fo sure. Just the playback on the lcd is great.So i cant wait to see it on the Big screen. I will have a update on that later tonight.
post #176 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM

I was wondering if the Sony came with any software to do basic editing of the 3D files. Can they be saved to SD or flash and viewed on a 3D TV?
post #177 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 04:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

ice- make sure you are using the latest PMB that came with the TD10 and not some earlier version. I heard that the version from older camcorders does not do 3D.
post #178 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

ice- make sure you are using the latest PMB that came with the TD10 and not some earlier version. I heard that the version from older camcorders does not do 3D.

I have 5.5.02.12220 which is the latest as i try to do updates and it says latest version. So were all good there. Watching hockey games tonight . Tomorrow early i will take a peek atall i shot. I like to keep the suspense last LOL. I cant wait to see how all this sony stuff works together.Thanks Don And frank for the insight.
post #179 of 1579 Old 04-29-2011, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

icerat4- When it comes to 3D we are all noobs! That's why I went to classes and read what the experts write. Frank buys stuff and experiments. Together we'll all figure it out and have fun in the process.

On the screen- here is what I was told as the best way to operate the TD10- Set up your scene in 2D mode. Once you are satisfied with the shot in 2D, even if you need to make manual adjustments to stuff like the focus, exposure, f-stop using the knob, then switch to 3D and adjust your view angle as the screen is a single viewer device. If you need to adjust the z-depth use the knob to tweak that. Now roll camera! and then call Action!

There will be times you will want to just shoot 3D on the fly. Understandable, but then you should not expect to achieve 100% perfect results. Rather you load up your shots in the camera and later select the good stuff, tossing out the bad.

Last week I shot some pics of my grandson age 2 coloring easter eggs for the first time with my cell phone. He was so startled at the color his facial expressions were priceless ( to the family) Everyone wanted to know how I can get such great shots. Here's the secret: To get the two they saw I shot close to 50 pictures and tossed the other 48 out.
Most people I know shoot digital like they were paying Kodak $3 per picture to get them developed. Film in my camera is reusable so shoot shoot shoot and pick out what is good later on. The moment is priceless, not the click of the shutter. Same goes for video. Just make sure you aren't making the same mistakes that you know results in poor quality. 3D will have new things to learn on what will ruin the 3D effect.

That's some good advice, Don. We'll all be making a lot of mistakes, that's for sure. I've shot over 500 clips at Shaw's Garden since I got the JVC TD1. I can't walk 3 feet without seeing another opportunity. Since I'm in learning mode, I'm also pushing the envelop of what I've read is supposed to be done while shooting 3D. Some of it works and some of it doesn't, but I learn with every shot.

My basic shooting technique is very similar to what I've always done in 2D, but there are differences. I still try to find a way to include foreground, middle ground and background objects in the frame. And if I back off too far, the 3D effect flattens out. I've found that some types of shots that work well in 2D don't come off nearly as well in 3D. And some shots that would be a jumbled mess in 2D are fascinating in 3D.

I may have the JVC, but I'll be following this Sony thread with keen interest. I'm very excited about viewing MVC footage from the Sony, as well as SbS. Right now, I have to view my MVC footage on the JVC camcorder, but I expect I'll have computer MVC playback working on my systems before long. I really hope MVC editing gets here for JVC 3D footage before too long, but I'm really impressed with side by side mode. It looks a whole lot better than I was afraid it might.

Here's a link to some unedited side by side clips from my JVC TD1. I'll be posting links to other clips over in the JVC thread. Comments are always appreciated. It's going to be quite a learning experience - and a lot of fun.

Joe Clark

post #180 of 1579 Old 04-30-2011, 05:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Joe- thanks for the comments. I would be interested in hearing what you do to get a PC capable of watching 3D working on your computer. I think eventually, I will want to get a 3D monitor on my PC for editing. I'm sure the anaglyph in Vegas will get old fast. Today, I could kick myself for not inquiring at NAB how they had the hardware configured at Sony workstations for doing the sessions on Vegas training. Whatever they were doing it all worked nicely using the 3D passive monitor for watching the editing changes in real time. Passive is the way to go because you could continue wearing the glasses as you switched from 3D to computer monitor 2D. BUT, I understand that passive is just half resolution so that would not work for your purpose of MVC on the PC, right? I may need to wait until next year for the 4K2K passive monitors to get everything. It never ends! Meanwhile I wait for reality to happen which is my Bloggie 3D to arrive. Tracking number says today!
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page