JVC GS-TD1 3D-Capable Camcorder - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2016, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I didn't know where to post this and didn't want to make a new post for my first post - being a 3D newbie

I wanted to put this info out there for others who run into the same problem as I just spent several hours solving it.

Aim: play back 3d video recorded from JVC TD1 on google cardboard (equivalent device) with android Galaxy note 5

problem:
recordings made in 3D don't play back with sound on all the VR cinema players that I tried (and I tried lots of them),
VLC plays with sound but is distorted horizontally shrunk 50% due to SBS and there is no way to change it.
I found most of the players play the video back in a stuttery fashion, not smooth - VLC was stuttery

Solution:
step 1 - recording must be done in the SBS format (the lower quality of the 2 3D formats that the TD1 records in)- the MP4 format doesn't work (at least I haven't found a player that can play it google cardboard style)

step 2 - download MX player from the google playstore - it plays the file smooth, but there isn't any sound... so solve this with step 3

step3 - all the players don't play sound due to licensing problems with AC3 sound codec, so download the AC3 codec pack for Mx player from here

forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254

(the samsung note 5 uses the arm7 processor, or you can download the all in one pack if you are not sure, or you can go into settings in Mx player and at the bottom of the codec setting it tells you what processor your phone uses)

go into the "settings" in MX player but tapping the top right, go to Decoder, go to the bottom and choose custom codec, select the custom codec in your download folder

- then when playing back, choose display and change aspect ratio to custom (you have to scoll to bottom of menu to see custom option), make it to 32:9

Result:
buttery smooth playback in 3d with sound of video recorded!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement