post #31 of 34 Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slump Buster View Post

Have you checked out ps3 media server? The title is a little misleading as it will stream to all kinds of media streamers (ps3, xbox, wd, etc). You install it on a pc on your network and it shows up as a UPNP device on your media streamer. I've read in the support forums that many people are using it with 3d. It is free and can convert video to other formats on the fly when needed. Install is a breeze. I've ripped all of my movies to mkv and I can watch them anywhere in the house with the help of this program.

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/

i doubt it will do 3d mkvs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 03-23-2011, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

i doubt it will do 3d mkvs

As I said in my post, many people in the forums say they are using it for 3d mkv's. It is my understanding that as long as the codecs can read the video (as would be needed for any video) that it should work. I've done some reading on this as I plan on obtaining a projector in the near future and I've been using this software for a while.
post #33 of 34 Old 03-04-2012, 06:55 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post

you are supposed to switch the tv manually into 3d SBS mode in order for it to work, the tv will not detect an mkv as 3d because it is just like a regular mkv

A friend of mine has a GT25 3d tv, we tried a few mkvs authored as avchd and they work perfectly fine, he switches the tv into 3d sds mode and it's all good.

I have a sony bravia 3D ex72 and it seems to recognize the SDS files only when I play them with a sony 3D blue ray player. In this case, the 3d menu has "simulated 3d", "SBS" and "OU" options active. when I play it with my PC, the 3D menu of my TV only has the "simulated 3d" option available. do I need a special player on my PC? I tried with VLC, BSplayer, windows media player and power DVD5.
post #34 of 34 Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 PM

Liked: 29
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I was pulling my hair out trying to find a player for mkv files, before seeing that all I had to do was set my tv manually to 3d mode!
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page