post #151 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

I didn't know your other thread existed, Frank. I have plenty of BD-Rs, so I'll download and burn a disc from your iso. I also have a Panasonic 110, Sony 570 and PS3 to test it on. That won't be til later today - Mother's Day stuff comes first. I was hoping Vegas would not degrade the image quality of the files, but it sounds like it will. I have no doubt I'd be able to tell the difference between 10mbps and the JVC's highest native rate. Even with SbS files, I'm having issues - in Premiere and PowerDirector 9. I'm sure it's mostly operator ignorance, but that doesn't make it any easier.

We need a central thread for many of these editing/authoring issues. I have so many questions about not only 3D MVC editing, but also about AVCHD editing and output (for SbS files). For selfish reasons, I'd like to start such a thread. The great thing about AVS is that it means we don't have to reinvent the wheel for every problem we run into. At this point, my contributions would be mostly questions but I think I could keep things organized. What do you think?

Start your thread!
I'll be your first subscriber.

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's a quick test I made with Vegas: download link

It's a 16-second clip, originally shot in 3K @ 48fps to test what the higher framerate looks like in 3D (i.e. it runs in slow motion on Blu-ray). I recommend burning on a BD-RE disc as the file size is 25 megabytes only. I had to use a thick floating window to fix a massive horizontal parallax problem (stupid cheap prism lens...), so you'll see a hint of a black border on the sides of the image.

Please, feel free to call me by my first name, Petri.
post #153 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

I didn't know your other thread existed, Frank. I have plenty of BD-Rs, so I'll download and burn a disc from your iso. I also have a Panasonic 110, Sony 570 and PS3 to test it on. That won't be til later today - Mother's Day stuff comes first. I was hoping Vegas would not degrade the image quality of the files, but it sounds like it will. I have no doubt I'd be able to tell the difference between 10mbps and the JVC's highest native rate. Even with SbS files, I'm having issues - in Premiere and PowerDirector 9. I'm sure it's mostly operator ignorance, but that doesn't make it any easier.

We need a central thread for many of these editing/authoring issues. I have so many questions about not only 3D MVC editing, but also about AVCHD editing and output (for SbS files). For selfish reasons, I'd like to start such a thread. The great thing about AVS is that it means we don't have to reinvent the wheel for every problem we run into. At this point, my contributions would be mostly questions but I think I could keep things organized. What do you think?

Hey Frank, Joseph, Petri and Don - when you get this all figured out maybe you could post a tutorial for those of us who are getting a headache just trying follow.
post #154 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV View Post

Hey Frank, Joseph, Petri and Don - when you get this all figured out maybe you could post a tutorial for those of us who are getting a headache just trying follow.

Yes, I'd like that, too. I want to document a viable workflow for editing 3D, at a couple of levels. I'd like something that works for straightforward side by side video, which should be relatively simple to do, even with menus and titles. I say "should be" because I had a couple of issues doing even that in Premiere, and Cyberlink's PowerDirector 9 degraded the AVCHD file I fed it. Much of it is probably user error, in which case the solutions should be easy. As for MVC 3D editing, there are many questions to be answered. Hopefully, we'll get some of the answers in a few days, at least for Vegas 10.0d.

Joe Clark

post #155 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Frank's solution to getting headaches should be followed. Wear the glasses all the time and eventually your head will get used to it and the pain will go away.

Hey, I'm all for a thread that is for "Vegas 10d 3D editing and blue ray Burning" One place we can discuss all things 3D on Vegas 10d without prejudice or debate to camera brands, just fact and how to or whether it can or can't be done and how.
post #156 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don landis View Post
frank's solution to getting headaches should be followed. Wear the glasses all the time and eventually your head will get used to it and the pain will go away. :d

hey, i'm all for a thread that is for "vegas 10d 3d editing and blue ray burning" one place we can discuss all things 3d on vegas 10d without prejudice or debate to camera brands, just fact and how to or whether it can or can't be done and how.

amen :d
post #157 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
Frank's solution to getting headaches should be followed. Wear the glasses all the time and eventually your head will get used to it and the pain will go away.

Hey, I'm all for a thread that is for "Vegas 10d 3D editing and blue ray Burning" One place we can discuss all things 3D on Vegas 10d without prejudice or debate to camera brands, just fact and how to or whether it can or can't be done and how.
I wouldn't do a Vegas-only thread right now. I'd be more hindrance than help. If it looks like Vegas will be the only solution for the foreseeable future, I'll buy it and dive in. We need a viable editing solution for 3D, for both side by side and MVC. If Sony delivers, I'll climb the learning curve happily. Let's see how things develop in the next few weeks, and if there's still interest I think I could put together a tutorial with the help of people like you and Frank - if you guys don't want to do it.

Joe Clark

Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page