Help!! is there a way? 3dtv-3d blu ray player but only 1.3 receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-17-2011, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a 3d tv and a 3d blu ray player but my problem is i only have a 1.3 hdmi receiver. Its a pioneer elite 25. Is there anyway I can make it all work without getting a new receiver? Is there some kind of switch I could get? I have one high speed hdmi cable fed threw the wall so only one way to tv. I hope there is a option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-18-2011, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I'm not sure of the connections on the back of your player are... you don't mention it. But I have the PS3 and a 1.3 onkyo receiver. I run the ps3 HDMI directly to the tv and and optical digital line from the ps3 to the receiver. It works fine.... but I do lose the lossless audio. Best I get now is DTS.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-18-2011, 08:08 AM

Or get a dual HDMI 3d player like this when it comes out http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-...3139104&sr=8-1 or if you can still find the BDT350 or the OPPO, and there are a few others also.

With a dual HDMI player you can get 3D and HD sound with a 1.3 reciever.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-18-2011, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

But my problem which I forgot to mention is I also have HD directv and Xbox so with only one HDMI going to tv im kind of in a pinch. I also want to be able to get the new HD audio formats. So what if I bought a dual HDMI blu ray player and got a HDMI switcher. Fed all my other components to receiver except blu ray, fed that to switch along with a HDMI from out on theatre receiver. I think that would work woulnt it?
post #5 of 5 Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotp94 View Post

But my problem which I forgot to mention is I also have HD directv and Xbox so with only one HDMI going to tv im kind of in a pinch. I also want to be able to get the new HD audio formats. So what if I bought a dual HDMI blu ray player and got a HDMI switcher. Fed all my other components to receiver except blu ray, fed that to switch along with a HDMI from out on theatre receiver. I think that would work woulnt it?

You might check the archives over at the HDMI Section of the AVSForum. Do a search on EDID. All your questions will be answered.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page