Samsung D7500 BD Player is the Answer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 33 Old 04-18-2011, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Current Samsung UNC7000 or 8000 owners, the answer to your crosstalk problems is the Samsung D7500 BD player. Never in a million years would I have thought that a new player would solve the issue. I had calibrated the television to acceptable crosstalk levels but received this player over the weekend and tried various "problem" content and 90% of the crosstalk or ghosting is gone. If you are tired of the crosstalk and are ready to discard 3D on the Samsung C series, spend $315 at Amazon and give the D7500 a spin. I am 110% satisfied!!

P.S. I was using the Samsung 6900 before upgrading. No comparison. The 6900 will go in the bedroom for the Samsung TV apps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 04-18-2011, 01:23 PM

So far there are three people reviewing this combination of unc7000 or unc8000 and the bd-d7500. Glad you joined the group and had success. No one has refuted that it clears up most of the crosstalk because it is irrefutable. I've been raving about this in a few places on this forum, the Amazon site and the Samsung site. Check out Amazon (user name archrider) and maybe cut and paste your review there.
Samsung for some reason hasn't posted my review yet, maybe they don't want to acknowledge the unc7000-8000 had a problem in the first place.

Thanks for confirming that I was not crazy.
post #3 of 33 Old 04-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wonder if this would improve the crosstalk on the PN63C8000 . I know its not as bad as the LEDS ,but it would be great to see an improvement on what is there . I am currently using a 2010 samsung 3d player . I wonder if all the new 2011 models improve on this , I really have my eye on the HW-D7000 7.2 3D bluray receiver coming out . Also have you guys noticed any pixelation on scene changes in movies such as Tron,Tangled , or Saw ? I have this problem with the 3 movies listed on my 2010 model ...
post #4 of 33 Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonFiberGuy View Post

I wonder if this would improve the crosstalk on the PN63C8000 . I know its not as bad as the LEDS ,but it would be great to see an improvement on what is there . I am currently using a 2010 samsung 3d player . I wonder if all the new 2011 models improve on this , I really have my eye on the HW-D7000 7.2 3D bluray receiver coming out . Also have you guys noticed any pixelation on scene changes in movies such as Tron,Tangled , or Saw ? I have this problem with the 3 movies listed on my 2010 model ...

I think there's a good chance. I think the chip sent in the 2011 is improved. I don't know how but it helps crosstalk. There are no gaurantees.

You could buy one from a place that takes returns without making it a big deal in the first 15 or 30 days and try it.

I get no pixelation when watching Tron.

The question of whether all 2011 models improve crosstalk occurred to me. I doubt if anyone knows. Maybe not even Samsung.
post #5 of 33 Old 04-19-2011, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

So far there are three people reviewing this combination of unc7000 or unc8000 and the bd-d7500. Glad you joined the group and had success. No one has refuted that it clears up most of the crosstalk because it is irrefutable. I've been raving about this in a few places on this forum, the Amazon site and the Samsung site. Check out Amazon (user name archrider) and maybe cut and paste your review there.
Samsung for some reason hasn't posted my review yet, maybe they don't want to acknowledge the unc7000-8000 had a problem in the first place.

Thanks for confirming that I was not crazy.

Before I purchased, I read your review at Amazon and immediately knew it was you but there was another one as well. I decided what the heck, it might work. Wow. It definitely works. I might post on Amazon as well to encourage others on the fence.
post #6 of 33 Old 04-20-2011, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

Before I purchased, I read your review at Amazon and immediately knew it was you but there was another one as well. I decided what the heck, it might work. Wow. It definitely works. I might post on Amazon as well to encourage others on the fence.

I hope that more folks that tryout disc player will report their 3D experiences here. Less crosstalk/ghosting on my Samsung LED is my current TV holy grail.
post #7 of 33 Old 04-21-2011, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMike View Post

I hope that more folks that tryout disc player will report their 3D experiences here. Less crosstalk/ghosting on my Samsung LED is my current TV holy grail.

SO you got one as well and experience less crosstalk? Why in the world isn't Samsung advertising this...except as someone said earlier, it's admission of a problem.
post #8 of 33 Old 04-21-2011, 10:06 AM

I am interested in hearing more about this. I just got a BDP-S770 not too long ago, but it if the new Samsung model makes as much of a difference as what I am reading, then I will likely consider buying a replacement.

Crosstalk was REALLY bad in Bolt 3D. Can anyone here confirm a difference?
post #9 of 33 Old 04-21-2011, 01:22 PM

I've been posting and reviewing everywhere I can. Crosstalk is greatly diminished almost to nonexistence. This is with the combination of Samsung BD-D7500 and UN55C8000 TV. I can't vouch for any other combination. From what I can see 2-3 other posters confirm this.

I don't know if I would recommend dumping a perfectly good player for it, but if you can return or exchange one or can easily sell it for a good price and buy the updated one, I say go for it. You could also wait for more reviews and comments like from Amazon to be sure. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-D75...3417278&sr=8-1
post #10 of 33 Old 04-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:

I've been posting and reviewing everywhere I can. Crosstalk is greatly diminished almost to nonexistence. This is with the combination of Samsung BD-D7500 and UN55C8000 TV. I can't vouch for any other combination. From what I can see 2-3 other posters confirm this.

I don't know if I would recommend dumping a perfectly good player for it, but if you can return or exchange one or can easily sell it for a good price and buy the updated one, I say go for it. You could also wait for more reviews and comments like from Amazon to be sure. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-D75...3417278&sr=8-1

My TV is the UN55C7000. Only difference between mine are yours (aside from ascetics) is yours has the precision dimming. I would hope for, and expect, similar results. I do plan on waiting on more reviews before I jump into anything though.
post #11 of 33 Old 04-21-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banduraj View Post

My TV is the UN55C7000. Only difference between mine are yours (aside from ascetics) is yours has the precision dimming. I would hope for, and expect, similar results. I do plan on waiting on more reviews before I jump into anything though.

I would expect the same result on UN55C7000. Good to be careful and wait for more confirmation.
post #12 of 33 Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I have the exact same combination as Robut. I think it would work the same for the 7000 series but I might wait for a definite answer as well.
post #13 of 33 Old 04-27-2011, 10:10 AM

Just thought of something. Was wondering if you guys wait an hour for your TV to warm up, or fired up a movie cold? I know waiting a good 45 minutes to an hour really helps with crosstalk on my TV. Do you guys do the same, or do you notice the reduction in crosstalk using this model BD player when starting up the TV cold. And, if so, does waiting an hour or so improve it even further?
post #14 of 33 Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:

Just thought of something. Was wondering if you guys wait an hour for your TV to warm up, or fired up a movie cold? I know waiting a good 45 minutes to an hour really helps with crosstalk on my TV. Do you guys do the same, or do you notice the reduction in crosstalk using this model BD player when starting up the TV cold. And, if so, does waiting an hour or so improve it even further?

I am familiar with what you are saying. I noticed a slight improvement when warmed up. I've tried many different movies cold start and warm. The improvement with the BD-D7500 isn't subtle.
post #15 of 33 Old 04-28-2011, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am familiar with what you are saying. I noticed a slight improvement when warmed up. I've tried many different movies cold start and warm. The improvement with the BD-D7500 isn't subtle.

Correct. Before the D7500, warm the television. After the D7500, cold start.
post #16 of 33 Old 04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So I now have to buy another 3D Player for my Samsung 3D TV to not have crosstalk/ghosting? Fantastic news.
post #17 of 33 Old 05-02-2011, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I was playing around with the D7500 this weekend and noticed it's DVD upconversation is outstanding. I have had about 10 blu ray players and this player by far has the best upconversation. I currently have the LG 590, Sony 960 megachanger, LG 390, and Panasonic BDT-100 and the Samsung D7500 is by far the best at upconverting.
post #18 of 33 Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 PM

Rach:

Are you having problems with the BD-D7500 not related to crosstalk? I've had a problem, when I stream Netflix I have the problem with blinking or intermittent blackouts (and resolution changes up and down) that are very momentary. it's noticeable. If I reboot by pulling the power it goes away and all is well. Then if I watch a Blu-ray it stutters both audio and video. If I reboot the power again all is well and works. Then when going back to streaming, I get blinking (and resolution changes up and down) fixable again with power down. And so on.

I've read in a number of sites about the Netflix problem with other players.

I may have solved the problem by turning the BD-Wise feature off and setting the resolution on the player to 1080P. this forces Netflix to stop the resolution jumps. I also believe I had this problem with the BD-D6800 I used to have.

Are you having all or part of this problem.
post #19 of 33 Old 05-05-2011, 05:03 AM

Liked: 11
It sure would be nice if someone could test their crosstalk and report in this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?t=1291751&

Especially anyone that could show results on the same TV, same glasses, but different source players (D7500 and something else).

We need definitive objective testing to prove the player makes the difference that is being claimed.
post #20 of 33 Old 05-05-2011, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obveron View Post

It sure would be nice if someone could test their crosstalk and report in this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?t=1291751&

Especially anyone that could show results on the same TV, same glasses, but different source players (D7500 and something else).

We need definitive objective testing to prove the player makes the difference that is being claimed.

While I agree if you don't own one, you would want proof. However, I'm afraid I don't need the testing. I own one. Forget about someone taking a picture. That is pointless. What you need is a reputable reviewer to claim what we claim. If someone finds it, they should post the link.
post #21 of 33 Old 05-05-2011, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Rach:

Are you having problems with the BD-D7500 not related to crosstalk? I've had a problem, when I stream Netflix I have the problem with blinking or intermittent blackouts (and resolution changes up and down) that are very momentary. it's noticeable. If I reboot by pulling the power it goes away and all is well. Then if I watch a Blu-ray it stutters both audio and video. If I reboot the power again all is well and works. Then when going back to streaming, I get blinking (and resolution changes up and down) fixable again with power down. And so on.

I've read in a number of sites about the Netflix problem with other players.

I may have solved the problem by turning the BD-Wise feature off and setting the resolution on the player to 1080P. this forces Netflix to stop the resolution jumps. I also believe I had this problem with the BD-D6800 I used to have.

Are you having all or part of this problem.

I have my resolution set to 1080p (forces DVD upconversion) and I hate BD wise so I am not having the same results. BTW, the DVD upconversion on this player is the best of my 10 or so previous players.
post #22 of 33 Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:

I have my resolution set to 1080p (forces DVD upconversion) and I hate BD wise so I am not having the same results. BTW, the DVD upconversion on this player is the best of my 10 or so previous players.

Thanks for confirming that BD wise screws things up. I can't believe how Samsung throws in over complex features that turn out to just cause trouble. I suppose other Manuf. do that too.

To obveron:

As far as testing the crosstalk reduction in some formal way, I'll have to give that some thought. I'm so pleased with the obvious improvement I'm afraid I'll jinx the good feelings I have about It. I'm sorry If that's not helpful. I will think about it. I haven't used the tests before. All I know is, for images that I've seen many times with some amount of distress over the very obvious crosstalk, It's completely gone. I don't need a test to see that.
post #23 of 33 Old 05-05-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obveron View Post

You know, I'm not sure how you would run the test pattern video through a Blu-ray player to test this. The player has no usb input and you can't hook up a computer to it. If there is a way the parameters all together different. We're taking about a 3D Blu-ray being played on a player. How are these conditions simulated with a test pattern?

Excuse me if I'm being dense or not seeing something that's obvious.

Maybe the video could be burned onto a Blu-ray. I don't have a Blu-ray burner.
post #24 of 33 Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM

Any news on this? Anyone else done any testing to confirm these statements?
post #25 of 33 Old 05-12-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Any news on this? Anyone else done any testing to confirm these statements?
I would like to see more confirmation myself. I've recently gotten "Tron: Legacy" and watched it 4-5 times. In the Cnet review of the UN55D8000, the 2011 model, http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...ml?tag=rvwBody, they raved about the 3D performance saying it beats out the Panasonic GT30 making it the best 3D picture quality. They pointed out the only 3 places in "Tron: legacy" where crosstalk or ghosting could be seen.

Quote:
"In difficult white-on-black areas like the superimposed "1989" in Chapter 1, and in Chapter 9 with the bright piping against Quorra's dark suit as she looks in the mirror, and the legs of the table in Sam's room, the double-image of crosstalk can be seen." It is more subtle on the Samsung D8000. Low and behold my UN55C8000 with the BD-D7500 player only showed crosstalk, subtly my opinion, in only these three places. This is great confirmation for me.
post #26 of 33 Old 05-13-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:

I would like to see more confirmation myself. I've recently gotten "Tron: Legacy" and watched it 4-5 times. In the Cnet review of the UN55D8000, the 2011 model, http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...ml?tag=rvwBody, they raved about the 3D performance saying it beats out the Panasonic GT30 making it the best 3D picture quality. They pointed out the only 3 places in "Tron: legacy" where crosstalk or ghosting could be seen.

Quote:
"In difficult white-on-black areas like the superimposed "1989" in Chapter 1, and in Chapter 9 with the bright piping against Quorra's dark suit as she looks in the mirror, and the legs of the table in Sam's room, the double-image of crosstalk can be seen." It is more subtle on the Samsung D8000. Low and behold my UN55C8000 with the BD-D7500 player only showed crosstalk, subtly my opinion, in only these three places. This is great confirmation for me.

Have you tried hooking up your older blu-ray player, trying it and switching back to see if there really is a difference?
post #27 of 33 Old 05-13-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:

Have you tried hooking up your older blu-ray player, trying it and switching back to see if there really is a difference?

My old BD-C6800 was sent back to Samsung under warranty when I got my BD-D7500. I have a PS3 I will do a direct comparison with the BD-D7500 with all other parameters the same. I will do it this afternoon Pacific time. Stay tuned.
post #28 of 33 Old 05-13-2011, 05:04 PM

Well I compared the same material on the samsung BD-D7500 with the PS3. I viewed the Imax 3D bluray that came with my UN55C8000 it's a 3D triple feature that includes a feature on the Galapagos islands. When I viewed it with my now departed BD-C6800 player there was a 3D cube format screen to chose between the three features. On that player there was a very disturbing amount of crosstalk. When the Galapagos feature is started there are seals on the horizon shown. This also exhibited a lot of crosstalk.

When viewed with the BD-D7500 I started it cold and I was surprised by the amount of crosstalk. I left it run about a half hour and viewed the material again. There was some crosstalk but significantly less and not bothersome.

I then viewed it on the PS3. The crosstalk was more noticeable but I have to admit it wasn't as big a difference as I expected.

On the BD-D7500 there was crosstalk at one seal. On the PS3 there was crosstalk on all four seals.

In conclusion as expected there was more crosstalk From the PS3 but not as much of a difference as I expected.
post #29 of 33 Old 05-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry. View Post

BTW guys, I owned the 65c8000. The 3d crosstalk was so bad that it gave people instant eye pain! Believe or not, I figured out a trick to reduce crosstalk. Pre-Heating the TV for 30 minutes (by just letting it run before you watch it) actually reduces the nasty eye hurting crosstalk. After 30 minutes the crosstalk is greatly reduced to a point were it does not hurt the eyes anymore (50% visibility down to 5% visibility). Samsung dropped the ball on this one. Not sure how many of you have this issue but it seems that many of the 65C8000 models suffered from this glitch. I returned the set for a new 55D8000 which does not have this problem. The D generation is superior and would recommend anyone with the C generation to exchange it for the D generation if you still can!

@Robut The triple feature with the 3D cube is am excellent example to measure 3D crosstalk of a TV/BD player. I could clearly see the off-set of the 3D crosstalk in the cube while after 30 minutes the same off-set was reduced from 50% visibility down to 5% visibility.

Good information, I agree with all you say. My guess is the BD-D6500 does the same benefit, I don't have one or know someone with one, so can't be sure. By the way the warm up of the unc8000 definitely helps, as you point out.
post #30 of 33 Old 06-22-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Current Samsung UNC7000 or 8000 owners, the answer to your crosstalk problems is the Samsung D7500 BD player. Never in a million years would I have thought that a new player would solve the issue. I had calibrated the television to acceptable crosstalk levels but received this player over the weekend and tried various "problem" content and 90% of the crosstalk or ghosting is gone. If you are tired of the crosstalk and are ready to discard 3D on the Samsung C series, spend $315 at Amazon and give the D7500 a spin. I am 110% satisfied!!

P.S. I was using the Samsung 6900 before upgrading. No comparison. The 6900 will go in the bedroom for the Samsung TV apps.

I am on the fence about trying the BD-D7500. Did you make any other changes at the same time you made this purchase such as a new hdmi cable or a/v receiver?
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page