anyone here use stereoscopic player? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
i have my pc hooked up to my tv, and for some reason i cant get my tv to recognize it.

when i play a SBS file with stereoscopic player, my tv will not show the option for sbs, its "greyed" out.

is this a configuration problem with stereoscopic player? or my tv?

any sugestions?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You need to provide more information such as type of TV, connection,etc.

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
post #3 of 15 Old 04-25-2011, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Frank,

im using a LG pw350 plasma. i am using a hdmi cable from my pc to plasma.
i am able to watch sbs videos off a hard drive, but the audio on most the videos have to be down converted into 2 ch.

i would like to be able to watch these sbs videos through my pc to keep the higher audio.
post #4 of 15 Old 04-25-2011, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed View Post

Frank,

im using a LG pw350 plasma. i am using a hdmi cable from my pc to plasma.
i am able to watch sbs videos off a hard drive, but the audio on most the videos have to be down converted into 2 ch.

i would like to be able to watch these sbs videos through my pc to keep the higher audio.

To maintain the audio you will probably have to use either PowerDVD 10 or Total Media Theater 5 or similiar.

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
post #5 of 15 Old 04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Are you feeding a 1920x1080 output from your PC to your plasma display? If not, that could be preventing the plasma's SbS mode from being able to be activated.

Some computer soundcards as well as some programs will not feed multiple audio outputs at the same time, so make sure HDMI is your currently selected audio output choice.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

i've tried different resolutions and its the same result. is it possible that my hdmi cable isnt capable of doing the 3d?

if it doesnt work with steroscopic player, does that mean it would not work with powerdvd also?
post #7 of 15 Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

i've tried different resolutions and its the same result. is it possible that my hdmi cable isnt capable of doing the 3d?

if it doesnt work with steroscopic player, does that mean it would not work with powerdvd also?

HDMI... even the older 1.3 version has more than enough capacity for high res sound and SBS. If you're not getting the hi res sound then it's either your soundcard or the program you're using.... and most sound cards that I know of will not do 5.1 (regular dolby digital or dts) sound through anything other than an optical digital connection (if you even have one).
post #8 of 15 Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarney View Post
HDMI... even the older 1.3 version has more than enough capacity for high res sound and SBS. If you're not getting the hi res sound then it's either your soundcard or the program you're using.... and most sound cards that I know of will not do 5.1 (regular dolby digital or dts) sound through anything other than an optical digital connection (if you even have one).
yes i have an optical able also. most of my others movies play fine with dts, but my main concern right now is getting my tv to be able to do SBS with stereoscopic player.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

With PowerDVD10, you can only select one form of audio output connection at a time (speakers, SPDIF, or HDMI). Each one works for me when it is selected.

In regards to your display not being able to run in the SbS mode, one other variable that shouldn't make a difference but may be worth trying is your computer's display refresh rate. Test it at 60hz, or better yet, 59.94 if that option is also offered. And of course at 1920x1080.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Z0p

Liked: 11
I have used stereoscopic player, Nvidia player, Media Player Classic-Home Cinema, and VLC player. The one that I have found to work with most files is good old VLC, and its free.

I just started using DVDfab 3d to rip my movies into side by side files, and VLC seems to be the only one that doesn't choke after I convert at full resolution. Almost any player should work at 50% resolution. I remove high definition audio when converting, but VLC can play back DTS.

My Samsung C7000 doesn't seem to be able to play full resolution side by side directly, but no problem via the HTPC and VLC.

Good luck!
post #11 of 15 Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0p View Post

I have used stereoscopic player, Nvidia player, Media Player Classic-Home Cinema, and VLC player. The one that I have found to work with most files is good old VLC, and its free.

I just started using DVDfab 3d to rip my movies into side by side files, and VLC seems to be the only one that doesn't choke after I convert at full resolution. Almost any player should work at 50% resolution. I remove high definition audio when converting, but VLC can play back DTS.

My Samsung C7000 doesn't seem to be able to play full resolution side by side directly, but no problem via the HTPC and VLC.

Good luck!

i had no idea. i didnt even try VLC, but i'll make sure to try it out now.
thanks for the suggestion.
post #12 of 15 Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 AM

Liked: 10
is ur pw350 full hd????

thanks
post #13 of 15 Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
is there a remote to use stereoscopic player? I haven't been able to find one, otherwise it seems not to be the best thing for a home theatre. as for VLC, I was checking that out but can it do stereo scopic subtitles?
post #14 of 15 Old 09-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

is there a remote to use stereoscopic player? I haven't been able to find one, otherwise it seems not to be the best thing for a home theatre. as for VLC, I was checking that out but can it do stereo scopic subtitles?

Stereoscopic Player will respond to basic Windows Media Center remote commands (play, pause, stop, etc.). So if you already have a PC with an integrated remote transceiver (IR, RF, Bluetooth, etc.) and a Windows Media Center remote, you can use it. If your PC is not so equipped, you can get an add-on transceiver that connects via USB.
post #15 of 15 Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN View Post

Stereoscopic Player will respond to basic Windows Media Center remote commands (play, pause, stop, etc.). So if you already have a PC with an integrated remote transceiver (IR, RF, Bluetooth, etc.) and a Windows Media Center remote, you can use it. If your PC is not so equipped, you can get an add-on transceiver that connects via USB.

yea, i don't use that, i wifi to control my HTPC. so XBMC android remote for XBMC. MPC-hc remote on android.

so i'm assuming that an android media center remote would work for it, but there is no dedicated remote? I mean while pause play and stop are nice, if you need to switch stereoscopic formats or subtitles, audio format etc, that would be a problem.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page