Sony 3D Bloggie just arrived - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks.
So, for 3D video off the bloggie, an actual 3D tv will play the 3D video using the hdmi connection?
Is this raw video editable once recorded using the 3D bloggie?
(Im only interested in playback using the LG passive 3D tv's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011, 12:57 AM

I uploaded my first 3D Bloggie Experience to YouTube. It's an interesting little camera with a lot of quirks.

Evidently I can't post the url until I post 3 messages here. It's under Youtube.com / 3DCatnip

I didn't shoot with 3D in mind. More of an experiment to learn what works, what doesn't. Excuse the framing. The sidewalk was packed with kiosks, people and various barriers --- all of which couldn't be moved to get that extra foot or two so I could frame up. That, and in full sunlight, the screen is almost impossible to see. At times I was just shooting in the general area. I can only watch on red/cyan glasses, so I'm interested in hearing what the footage looks like with post-1950's tech.

Cheers,

--- J
Old 08-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportage
Thanks.
So, for 3D video off the bloggie, an actual 3D tv will play the 3D video using the hdmi connection?
I have the LG 65lw6500 and the videos will play natively on the TV in both HDMI mode and USB mode. The mpo 3d picture files will play natively only in HDMI mode however. To play the mpo files later, say, off a USB drive I have to run them through a program called stereophoto maker. Mind you, I don't have to do anything other than open them in the program (and there is even a batch mode for multiple files at once) and then resave as an mpo again. Somehow this must strip out something proprietary Sony is inserting in the files which the LG TV doesn't like.

As far as editing, the vids are standard mp4 files that can be edited in any editor which can handle that format. I use a program called machete to easily cut and paste sections of videos together.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireplug View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportage

Thanks.

I have the LG 65lw6500 and the videos will play natively on the TV in both HDMI mode and USB mode. The mpo 3d picture files will play natively only in HDMI mode however. To play the mpo files later, say, off a USB drive I have to run them through a program called stereophoto maker. Mind you, I don't have to do anything other than open them in the program (and there is even a batch mode for multiple files at once) and then resave as an mpo again. Somehow this must strip out something proprietary Sony is inserting in the files which the LG TV doesn't like.

As far as editing, the vids are standard mp4 files that can be edited in any editor which can handle that format. I use a program called machete to easily cut and paste sections of videos together.

Please could you tell me which settings you use for the batch "fixing" using SteroPhoto Maker? I too have an LG TV, and although it recognises the 3D photos taken with my Bloggie as being 3D, they do not display correctly. I tried opening one of them in the SteroPhoto Maker as you suggest, using the "Open Stereo Image" option, and then save it using "Save MPO File". This image then displays perfectly, but any batch modes I have tried create files that arent 1920x1080 and have big borders top and bottom.

Can you tell me what Im doing wrong please>