post #91 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

I increased the RAM to 6Gb allocated to the preview.

You're just wasting your ram.

This is a common mistake and in actual fact the preview ram adjustment has nothing to do with with preview playback.... or at least not in the sense you believe.

The preview ram is there for DYNAMIC PLAYBACK. If you wish to see even the most complicated effect at full frame rate then simply highlight that section of the time line then press SHIFT B. That section of time line will then be loaded into the preview ram that you have RESERVED (with the preview ram adjustment) and will start to play back at full frame rate from memory instead of the time line.

If you don't use DYNAMIC PLAYBACK then setting this switch high is just wasting ram because that ram gets reserved and can't be used for other things. Only set it high if you use the dynamic playback option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWheeler View Post

I will install Windows 7 but only if someone tells me they have tried 10D MVC clips on their Vegas 10d timeline under Windows 7 and that they have no audio problems on timeline playback.

Tom

I have no problems with the audio playback in my Vegas.

Vegas 10D does not support XP and in order to get Vegas 10 into xp (sp3) I believe you had to do a registry hack of some kind?

At any rate this is clearly unique to your machine(s) because others don't seem to be seeing what you are.
post #93 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Can the new Vegas handle importing .mpo 3D pictures? For instance, I'd love to use my JVC 3D video files on the timeline then drop a .mpo next to it with a camera clicking sound, then move to the next video all in 3D.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #94 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarney View Post

I have no problems with the audio playback in my Vegas.

Vegas 10D does not support XP and in order to get Vegas 10 into xp (sp3) I believe you had to do a registry hack of some kind?

At any rate this is clearly unique to your machine(s) because others don't seem to be seeing what you are.

That is not correct. On the Sony Creative Software site under requirements for Vegas Pro the first OS listed is Windows XP SP3 32-bit which is exactly what I am running. I did NOT (and never would do) any "hacks" to the registry file. Vegas 10d runs fine on this machine with all but clips from the TD10.

Have you tried clips from the 10D in your Vegas 10d and if so is the audio OK and what OS do you have Vegas 10d running under?

Thank you for responding.

Tom
post #95 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWheeler View Post

That is not correct. On the Sony Creative Software site under requirements for Vegas Pro the first OS listed is Windows XP SP3 32-bit which is exactly what I am running. I did NOT (and never would do) any "hacks" to the registry file. Vegas 10d runs fine on this machine with all but clips from the TD10.

Have you tried clips from the 10D in your Vegas 10d and if so is the audio OK and what OS do you have Vegas 10d running under?

Thank you for responding.

Tom

Sorry you're right... it was XP (64) that wasn't supported.

As already stated I have no problems with the audio (with TD10 clips) in Vegas (in both 32 and 64). I'm running windows 7
post #96 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

Can the new Vegas handle importing .mpo 3D pictures? For instance, I'd love to use my JVC 3D video files on the timeline then drop a .mpo next to it with a camera clicking sound, then move to the next video all in 3D.

The 10d update states that it can but the statement is directed at the Sony cybershot cam and does not mention other cams.
post #97 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I believe it's the same format so may work with Fujifilm.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #98 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't know if it's the graphics card we use or a real 3D monitor.

The video card and the monitor have nothing to do with playback rate. You need a FAST machine to playback MVC. You can however make things a LITTLE better by turning off the Auto playback quality and leaving the preview playback on DRAFT (quarter). Also make sure you have the scaling turned off in preferences.
post #99 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarney View Post

The video card and the monitor have nothing to do with playback rate. You need a FAST machine to playback MVC. You can however make things a LITTLE better by turning off the Auto playback quality and leaving the preview playback on DRAFT (quarter). Also make sure you have the scaling turned off in preferences.

You need to describe what constitutes a FAST machine Considering I can play 4 tracks of HD video in real time, it seems that something is still lacking for playback of one track of MVC.

Making the changes you suggested had no detectible effect on the playback rate. Additionally, using draft mode in the preview window is not acceptable for working in these 3D editing projects.

I do suspect it has to do with the video card because I am not doing what all the demos I witnessed were doing. I use one monitor. In all the successful demos of this the work stations used two monitors previewing all the real time smooth playback from the timeline on the second monitor at full screen. while the main work panel was not used for preview display. Getting back to your proclamation that video play rate has nothing to do with the video card, lets look at the rest of what I'm using here-

Quad Core Processor clocked at 2.5Ghz Intel Q9300
Ram is 8Gb.
OS Vista Home 64Bit
Hard drive for datafiles: three 1Tb 7200RPM striped for 1TB Raid 0
C Drive is 1 TB 7200 RPM

I tested all your suggestions and no improvement.

Are you able to play MVC clips in real time on your system and if so what hardware do you use to accomplish that?

Oh another test I did was to split off the one video stream and it still did not play in real time. Then I split off the audio from V1 and only the left image remained in the timeline. Still no improvement.
post #100 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I do suspect it has to do with the video card because I am not doing what all the demos I witnessed were doing.

Vegas makes absolutely NO use of the video card for preview playback. You could use your mobo's on-board video card if you wish and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. Vegas is all about cpu speed and the ONLY time the video card is used is during an avchd render.

Q9300 is pretty slow by today's standard... especially for MVC. You need a MINIMUM of an i7 if you wish to approach reasonable playback frame rate.

Quote:

Are you able to play MVC clips in real time on your system and if so what hardware do you use to accomplish that?

No. I have even less than you do (Q6600 quad)
post #101 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Yikes- Quad core Q9300 too slow????

Any suggested work arounds?

Like working with proxy clips of SBS half res like the Bloggie3D; do the edit, then do a final render by replacing all the video with MVC full quality?
post #102 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Any suggested work arounds?

Use SHIFT B (dynamic ram playback) an awful lot!
post #103 of 315 Old 05-15-2011, 11:37 AM

I may finally be starting to get a handle on the audio problem that I have had with 10D MVC clip playback in Vegas 10d. Earlier I had stated that the problem applied to all of the first 4 clips that I had made. Closer examination of all 4 clips in Vegas shows this is not the case. The first 3 clips were shot in my living room of my wife playing with our cat. These clips have occasional talking on them and all play back with no audio problems in Vegas. The last clip was taken with the 10D mounted on a tripod abbot 3-4 feet from my grand piano recording a piece that I played on the piano. That clip is at a much higher audio level when I take it into Vegas 10d. Of course I reduced the volume levels considerable before playing it back in Vegas, but I still hear the periodic noise over the desired recorded audio. My current theory is that when the 10D recorded this clip the audio overloaded the mic on the 10D and this overload is affecting audio playback in Vegas. What I don't understand is why the overload is not evident on playback of this clip from the 10D on my home theater system or why the clip plays back with clean audio in the Sony PMB software. I even imported the clip to the timeline in DVD Architect 5.2
and it plays back cleanly from that timeline. It is only in playing back from the Vegas timeline that I hear the periodic noise.

My plan is to record the piano scene again after putting the mic setting on the 10D to the "low" position to try and avoid any mic overload.

I no longer believe that this is either a bug with Vegas 10d on Windows XP or a problem with the audio hardware in my computer.

Tom
post #104 of 315 Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

I am having trouble getting 5.1 surround sound when burning a 3DBD disc with Vegas. It seems nothing works and I end up with 2.0

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #105 of 315 Old 05-17-2011, 03:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I am having trouble getting 5.1 surround sound when burning a 3DBD disc with Vegas. It seems nothing works and I end up with 2.0

Maybe this screen will help you figure out what you are not doing. I can assure you the burn plays in my OPPO and as seen on the Denon audio meter it comes up as DD5.1 with all speakers active. Be sure you have selected all the options to make a DD5.1 production.

Oh I almost forgot the most important thing- Did you install the Dolby AC3 codec? This is not automatic with a Vegas install. It comes in the DVDA 5.2 install and only with a paid license. I don't believe you can get the license for free with the free version of Vegas Pro.
LL
post #106 of 315 Old 05-17-2011, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanx Don, I don't have that so I need to buy it

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #107 of 315 Old 05-18-2011, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanx Don, I don't have that so I need to buy it

You can't buy DVDa pro separately. It comes as a package with Vegas pro. Not too sure they have a .... 'free' version either.

You can buy DVDa studio but it doesn't come with the pro encoder and I'm not sure the studio encoder will work.
post #108 of 315 Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

barney- I'm sure he meant he needs to get registered for Vegas Pro. Most here know the two come as a bundle. Likewise few know that the codec for AC3 is only installed with the licensed version of DVDA. I don't know why Sony hasn't "bundled" the install process. Many download the 30day free trial thinking they have all and discover some things missing. Years ago rendering was disabled in Vegas on the free trial. Sony has gotten more gifting with their trial in recent years, but as the Dolby license costs them money, you need to buy the product. Dolby doesn't free trial their codec.
post #109 of 315 Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Sony has scheduled a 3D stereographic workflow webinar for Vegas 10d next Tuesday at 11AM central time May 31. Please register for this free webinar if you have any interest in 3D editing with Vegas 10d. They will also have a live chat and you can ask questions in advance to shape the direction and content of the session. I hope this will be a positive experience for Sony so they do this sort of thing more often. It should help everyone interested in 3D even if you aren't planning to edit.

In addition to the webinar- Sony has announced a 30% off on all Vegas Pro new and renewal licenses effective now until May 31 for recipients of the webinar registration.

This should be fun!
post #110 of 315 Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 AM

Both Don Landis and I have observed an audio problem when MVC clips with 5.1 DD from the Sony HDR-TD10 are imported into Vegas 10d. When played back on the Vegas timeline, there is an audio crackling sound especially noticeable on moderate percussive sounds (like a piano), but is actually present on all 5.1 clips. The problem occurs only in Vegas 10d timeline playback but is rendered to Blu-ray when a Blu-ray is burned in Vegas 10d. It does not occur with 10D clips having stereo DD imported and played back in Vegas 10d.

When playing back 10D clips from the camera's HDMI output via HDMI to an AV receiver feeding a surround sound system or when listening to the playback in the camera's onboard stereo speakers, or when playing back the clips in Sony's PMB software supplied with the camera, the problem cannot be heard and the 5.1 audio is clean.

I and Don have spent a lot of time over the last few days confirming that this is a Vegas 10d problem. I have personally replicated the problem on three separate PC workstations under both Windows XP and Windows 64-bit Professional. I have submitted the issue to Sony Creative Software and I hope they will address it.

You can follow the discussion of this issue if you wish on the SCS Vegas Pro Forum at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/....asp?ForumID=4.

Tom
post #111 of 315 Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

In addition to what Tom announced here- I want to add that if you want crisp clean sound for your editing in Vegas of the TD10 MVC clips in 3D, set your camcorder to use DD2.0. But understand that those shots will forever be in DD2.0. Personally, I plan to continue to shoot everything in DD5.1 even though it will have that distortion added in Vegas for editing. I trust Sony will correct this flaw and since the TD10 clips themselves are clean I can always pull a work around Vegas to extract the audio and lay it in synced up to Vegas timeline bypassing the MVC encoding. I need to do some further testing of the work arounds, liklely next week. Not an easy work around but I've manged worse temporary fixes in my time. Once Sony fixes the issue, we could always go back and rerender the timeline for a clean sound. If you are impatient and need clean sound right now, don't want to do work arounds, then I recommend using DD2.0 for all your 3D shooting for Vegas until this is fixed in the next release.
post #112 of 315 Old 05-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
For those who want their MVC files decoded to left and right AVIs outside of (or before) Vegas Pro 10D, Peter Wimmer has offered up a nice app to do just that: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/3dtv/message/28122
post #113 of 315 Old 05-19-2011, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Cool, is that program working good? Anyone test it out on vegas?

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #114 of 315 Old 05-19-2011, 02:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Joe and Petri have been playing with it. Seems it is not yet ready for prime time.
post #115 of 315 Old 05-19-2011, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Cool, is that program working good? Anyone test it out on vegas?

Like Don said, it's not quite there yet. But it's only a day or two old, so we should give it some time to 'mature'.

Please, feel free to call me by my first name, Petri.
post #116 of 315 Old 05-19-2011, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Cool, hope it works out!

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #117 of 315 Old 05-19-2011, 10:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

I have been researching a way to extract just the DD5.1 audio from the MVC clips from the TD10 3D camcorder clips. Currently due to a bug in Vegas that generates distortion , I need to be able to extract the 6 channels from the 3D video outside of Vegas. The method must be able to play the m2ts file and save a DD5.1 audio only track.
I'm running out of ideas and this new tool looks promising but it needs more work.
post #118 of 315 Old 05-20-2011, 03:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have been researching a way to extract just the DD5.1 audio from the MVC clips from the TD10 3D camcorder clips.

TSmuxeR (free download) works on the 10 second sample I have. It does misread the MVC file as a PGS file... but it will demux the AC3 without re-encoding.

http://www.smlabs.net/en/products/tsmuxer/

I must say though... on the 10 second sample I have I notice no distortion at all in the 5.1 track so I don't know what you're talking about.
post #119 of 315 Old 05-20-2011, 06:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

What 10 second sample would that be? Not every clip installed on the Vegas timeline in 5.1 will result in a distorted audio.

OK downloaded TSmuxer and got it to save out the offending file as a *.ac3 file. Now, how do I get Vegas to recognize this file? I used VLC converter to MP4 output but itresulted in just 2 channel and it had the distortion back. The ac3 file is clean but I can't get it to place on the Vegas timeline.

Running out of time for more experimenting for now but that's as far as I got with your suggestion.
post #120 of 315 Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Vegas will not take a separate AC3 file (it has to do with Dolby Licensing). It has to be muxed in as a M2TS or Vob file along with video. What you could do is find a dummy video file same length as the AC3, use TSmuxeR to mux the AC3 and the video as M2TS... then import that to Vegas.

But I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this.... you can already get the ac3 file in by simply importing the entire M2TS(mvc) file.

If you could post a sample of this offending noise I would appreciate it. I'm not at all convinced this has much with a bug in Vegas. Maybe a wrong setting or the camera itself is flawed in some way.... or something along those lines... but an AC3 file is just that.... an AC3 file... no different from any other.... And I have worked with Vegas and AC3 for years with no issues at all such as you list. No one else is complaining about these kinds of AC3 issues either. My guess is that there is a problem with the file itself.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page