How can I burn a 3d blu ray? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 05-29-2011, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I want to be able to copy some of my 3d blu rays but now 100% sure my comp can do it. It is the New alienware M17x with a "Slot Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+RW, CD-RW) It playes 3d blu rays so can I copy them also?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 PM

As far as I know u can't unless u own expensive software and make 3d blank discs as I doubt they aren't available yet
post #3 of 12 Old 05-29-2011, 11:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemjoey View Post

Hey guys I want to be able to copy some of my 3d blu rays but now 100% sure my comp can do it. It is the New alienware M17x with a "Slot Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+RW, CD-RW) It playes 3d blu rays so can I copy them also?

This tells me you can't since it will not burn BluRay, only read them for playback. You need first and foremost a BluRay burner. Then you need special software that enables your 3D video content to be sent to the burner. Those of us doing this successfully here, are using VegasPro Ver 10d which is a complete editing, 3D pairing, and 3D BluRay burning software.
post #4 of 12 Old 05-30-2011, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 54
BR-ROM = Blu Ray READ ONLY
post #5 of 12 Old 05-30-2011, 01:17 PM

Liked: 15
You can burn 3D bluray just as easy as regular bluray. Google is your friend ! But it's against forum rules to discuss the methods here (i think).
post #6 of 12 Old 05-30-2011, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmaowner View Post
You can burn 3D bluray just as easy as regular bluray.
No he can't. He hasn't got a burner.

It's illegal to talk about circumventing copyright protection on this site, but there is nothing in the rules against discussing 3D burning.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-09-2011, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
IMGBurn is free and will burn a 3D BD just fine. Used it many times... But you do need a BD burner, not BD-ROM.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-07-2011, 03:05 PM

It's illegal to talk about circumventing copyright protection on this site, but there is nothing in the rules against discussing 3D burning.[/quote]

If you already own a an original legal copy of a bluray, it is perfectly legal to create one backup copy for your own use even if the bluray is copyrighted. The same is true for any CD, DVD or other intellectual property. So, in this thread we are talking about making a legal backup copy of a disc for our own personal use. We are not discussing how to pirate movies.

As everyone knows, there are many legal programs out there that temporarily disable copyright protection. These programs are legal because they are intended for the purpose of creating a legal backup for personal use.

-Pants
post #9 of 12 Old 07-07-2011, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherearemypants View Post

If you already own a an original legal copy of a bluray, it is perfectly legal to create one backup copy for your own use even if the bluray is copyrighted.

No... sorry . You're wrong.
It's illegal to circumvent copy protection at ANY time for ANY reason. A copyright means you need proper permission directly from the owner to copy it or alter it, and the copy protection is placed on the disk to PREVENT you form copying.

Now...Having said that, it has been noted UNOFFICIALLY that you will not be shot, arrested, fined or anything of that nature if creating a back up for personal reasons.

And those "legal" programs you speak of are not illegal to own... just to USE.... same as a crack pipe.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-09-2011, 02:17 PM

Lol, you want to backup your blu ray wink wink.... Show me one person besides my grandmother who hasn't copied a cd or downloaded copyrighted music etc.. Its not right, but I love when people pretend that everyone doesn't do it and I mean everyone. Anyway there programs that will copy 3d blu rays like dvdfab etc.. You will need a burner and some DL blu ray discs too.
post #11 of 12 Old 07-10-2011, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarney View Post

No... sorry . You're wrong.
It's illegal to circumvent copy protection at ANY time for ANY reason. A copyright means you need proper permission directly from the owner to copy it or alter it, and the copy protection is placed on the disk to PREVENT you form copying.

Now...Having said that, it has been noted UNOFFICIALLY that you will not be shot, arrested, fined or anything of that nature if creating a back up for personal reasons.

And those "legal" programs you speak of are not illegal to own... just to USE.... same as a crack pipe.

Well, I would say you are assuming everyone is under the same law as you are.
I can only speak for myself and here in Sweden it IS legal to circumvent copy protection at ANY time to make a personal copy that you can give away to your closest friends.
post #12 of 12 Old 07-10-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 122
The general US Copyright law has a provision called FAIR USE. This, among other things permits one to make a copy for personal use that they DO NOT distribute outside their household ( case interpretation of the law) even for free permanent or temporary.
The confusion and argument, however, is that in the US we passed a law called the DMCA which treats copyrights on digital media and digital assemblies of content differently than traditional media such as paper copies, records, analog video tape, printed photographs etc. The key for traditional copyrights are that they are on some hard form. Digital copyrights, don't have to be and can be represented by coded form as in binary math. Further confusing the issue, is that some would claim the DMCA has no FAIR USE provision. Technically it doesn't. Therein lies the argument. Digital copyright holders feel all copies, even those that would be protected under the Fair Use provisions have no protection under the DMCA. Consider that nearly everything in the world today is represented in some digital form, then nothing can be protected by FAIR USE. However, in reality, the courts continue to hear arguments on the basis of FAIR USE and make decisions case by case. So where does that leave us? Answer- At risk of being a criminal based on the whim of a judge. The DMCA is a poorly written copyright law and does not represent the general philosophy of the people. Personally, I believe that all copyrights should be treated equally with FAIR USE provisions to include anti distribution clauses and Look and feel rules and have a finite life span similar to patents. ( 17 years non-renewable ) Trademarks should be protected as long as they are in commercial use.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page