3D on Samsung 67A750 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the Samsung 67A750 HD ready checkerboard input 3D. I just bought a Panasonic BDT110 Blu-Ray player ($87) and ordered 2 pairs of glasses with ir emitter from ultimate3dh ($119). Now I should be able to watch 3D DVD's but I also have direct tv and am looking at the Tru3d.com 3D TV Adapter KIT for Samsung 3D DLP HDTV SKU: 031003 ($180) so I can view DTV in 3D. Are there any cheaper alternatives? Does anyone else have this setup and can comment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you have a computer (with a supported graphics chip) that you can connect to the HDMI 3 port on the TV (where 3D devices have to be input) you can reprogram the EDID to look like a Mitsubishi using Powerstrip and then buy the Mitsubishi 3DA-1 for <$100 to convert HDMI 1.4 and side by side / top and bottom formats to checkerboard.

I was able to do it with my ATI HD4850.

See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1280874

Alternatively you can buy the 3DC-100S kit from Mitsubishi which will support Samsung checkerboard devices directly without any other hoop jumping however it's only available as a kit form with glasses etc, so its more expensive than even the tru3d solution. If you hadn't bought any glasses etc then it might have made sense (though you can piece things together for less buying from ultimate3d for glasses and emitters and the like).
post #3 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like the 3DA-1 is about $100 and $30 for the program then I would need to build a cable and reprogram the EDID The Tru3D is $180 + shipping so its only about $50 more with out the fuss and muss and with warentee. Anyway you look at it its around $450 to get 3D. Too bad Samsung abandoned us.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-11-2011, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Im ordering the Tru 3d adapter to go along with my Panasonic BDT110 it is supposed to simulate 3D from 2D DVD's. Although I have read that it will not work with a checkerboard output. Since the Tru 3D accepts other 3D types. Has anyone tried it with the Tru 3D adapter?
post #5 of 8 Old 06-15-2011, 02:52 PM

I have a tru3d setup with my Sammy. It worked great for a while. Then several glasses, 3D blu rays, 3D ps3 games later, it stopped working. Their tech support SUCKS!!! They don't don't respond. I'm hoping some of the smart folks here can help me...I just posted on the official Samsung+Gefen+Mitsubishi Adapter thread for help.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-16-2011, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FronzDan View Post

I have a tru3d setup with my Sammy. It worked great for a while. Then several glasses, 3D blu rays, 3D ps3 games later, it stopped working. Their tech support SUCKS!!! They don't don't respond. I'm hoping some of the smart folks here can help me...I just posted on the official Samsung+Gefen+Mitsubishi Adapter thread for help.

I was about to order now you make me afraid. All the other solutions can be problematic getting them to work and since you already spent the money you will have to spend more for the other solutions.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-25-2011, 07:56 AM

Hi everyone! First time post to AVS. I just wanted to share my experience with Monster 3D Maxx glasses on this set and the wonderful customer service I've had with Monster.

These glasses are new on the market and so there's no much out on the net yet. I received these glasses about a week ago and when I plugged them in the first thing I noticed was red blacks. Now I knew this was an issue with dlp link and also that there were a couple different brands of glasses that "supposedly" fully blocked the dlp link and in turn the red blacks. Since theses were to new to have any info about this issue with our sets I took a leap of faith and purchased these with the idea that since they were "top of the line" and "universal" that surely they would block the dlp link. Well they didn't, so I thought at first.

I called Monster and spoke to a nice young lady and when I explained the issue I was having, and when she couldn't answer my question, she started live chatting with another tech support guy in San Francisco (she was in Utah) and she had him call me. He did and when he wasn't able to help, he immediately contacted the actual engineer who designed the glasses. A couple of days past and when I got a call back he suggested using the transmitter to go into the settings adjustment and adjusting the delay. I didn't think this would work of course, having already resigned to the fact that I was going to have to return these glasses. Well, I ADJUSTED THE DELAY AND BAM! NO MORE RED BLACKS!

Just wanted to say how happy I am with these glasses now that this issue is fixed and to applaud Monster's support of a fine product in an age of dwindling customer service and to possibly help someone else out who's experiencing the same problem.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Hi there.

My use for 3D on my 67a750 is strictly for 3D PC Gaming.

I have a Windows 7 PC with a GTX 670 video card. Do all I need to buy is a NVIDIA 3D Kit to do 3D PC gaming? Not interested in 3D movies, TV etc.

Thanks

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page