Mistsubishi 738 DLP and Nvidia HTPC 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-22-2011, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a problem and hoping for some help from someone with similar setup.

First a background:
I had a Mitsubishi WD-65C9 connected to an HTPC with an Nvidia 240GT video card and running powerDVD 10. Very happy with my setting and 3D was working great with IR emitter and mitsubishi 3D glasses. No 3d adapter as HTPC put out check-board format.

Recently I upgraded to a wd-73738 and cannot get the 3D to work on it with the same HTPC. I think the problem is the updated firmware that made the HDMI input of the TV 1.4a compatible. Now nvidia driver do not recognize the TV as a 3d ready DLP TV. Here are things that I have tried:

1- set powerDVD to 3D ready HDTV (to output check-board) and set the 3d mode of the TV to check-board. In this case I am getting 3D but I am having a lot of lost connections. every 2 minutes the screen goes black and comes back on again.

2- set powerDVD to 3D ready HDTV (to output check-board) and set the 3d mode of the TV to Auto. In this case the TV doesn't recognize receiving a 3D signal and turns off the IR emitter.

3- set powerDVD to 3D sequential 120HZ and set the 3d mode of the TV to Auto. PowerDVD says that your hardware does not support this format. I don't know it is the TV or the video card.

4- I downloaded Nividia 3dTV play trial and when I set it up the synching of the eye does not work properly at all.

So if anyone here have a 738 or 838 Mitsubishi DLP and an Nvidia HTPC set up running 3d, I appreciate if they post their setting on the TV and the PC and the software they are using.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2011, 07:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
With a 738 and the updtated firmware you can output HDMI 1.4a 3D formats such as 3D BR or cable/satellite 3D program formats from different sources directly to the TV's HDMI ports, you don't need Checkerboard or Frame Sequential.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
These sets do not take 120hz period as far as I know. I really did think it would work just as your older model though.

Is your graphics card HDMI 1.4?

You would have to switch the 3D type in 3D Vision as well though if I remember correctly to be on the current 1.4 3D standard.
Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page