Vegas 10e Bug list - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if i've encountered a bug or even what happened. Here goes, ive imported 4 short clips from the TD10 via PMB to the pc, I open Vegas and load up the clips, project properties turn on stereoscopic 3d (choose anaglyph, as per method I was told for no frills 3d disc creation), dropped the files into the timeline and it showed 2 video streams, one below the other, I thought it was odd but went ahead and rendered out and burnt, the disc was recognised as 3d in the player but the result was just 2d. Not sure what happened but ive just loaded the clips again and this time its on the timeline as just 1 line of video instead of 2, i'm fairly sure it will now create a 3d disc as my tests during the week have all been this way in the timeline showing just 1 line of video.

Could it be that its not even a bug? I did adjust project properties before dropping the clips into the timeline on the first try, I think thats whats caused the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 07-17-2011, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Most likely you did not have the properties set for stereo 3d anaglyph. Maybe you failed to hit "apply". When the MVC file ends up looking like 2 video clips one above the other, it decoded the two from the MVC as left on top line and right eye on lower line. Of course you'll only see the top line video which was 2D. It's happened to me and I then remembered to hit apply before closing out the properties. This absentmindedness is happening more often now that I am shutting stereo to "OFF" because that is necessary to burn an iso file. Get in a hurry and forget sometimes.

Since I am doing most editing projects in 3D, I now have my properties set to boot Vegas in that 3D mode.
post #63 of 67 Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think it was because I dropped the clips into the timeline before setting up project properties which caused the issue, I did it again this time setting the properties before dragging the clips and it was fine.
post #64 of 67 Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I found another bug that has been bothering me for a few weeks now. It is hard to explain but I shall do my best.

I have 2 hours of 20 second clips on the timeline. At the begining I have an opening intro to my movie. Going to Video FX and using the stereoscopic 3D option on this begining works great. The intro is a small video I made.

At the end of my movie I have added some coming soon videos, before these videos I made another video timeline above and added the text "The End" and "Coming Soon" and right below that added a Sony noise Texture "the one that looks like fire but any other makes the same result" This way the text is over the fire looking picture. I then make the noise texture into stereoscopic 3D and set the depth.
Now when I watch this on my PC it looks great and works fine. However, when I render the entire video and then watch it often times the picture at that exact scene will flash or mix the text together. It just looks horrible.
So, I fooled around with it and changed a bit and only rendered that section as a test. Guess what? It worked and looked amazing. So then I rendered the movie all over again and UGH.. The same result... Now when I cut the stereoscopic 3D off the Sony texture, it renders fine and plays fine.. Just no 3D on that part.
I also have noticed on some of my videos which are already 3D I added the stereoscopic 3D option and gave them some more depth. If I just render a few of those videos it may work. However, If I render the entire movie those videos will also flash and act up "only those videos the rest are perfect"

I'm not sure what is causing this. The begining intro works great when making it 3D, so I even tried adding that at the end of my movie and rendered it and guess what? It would flash and freeze also! Vegas 10c worked great on this with no problems.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #65 of 67 Old 07-31-2011, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Vegas 10c was not 3D capable but maybe you meant 10d. Anyway that bug seems strangely the same as the text CG bug we had in 10d. I have used similar effects in 10e with no issues, in the beginning, middle and end of a 1 hr program. I've even done 4 layers of transparent graphics over video base layer all with 3D effect added and positioning them at different distances in screen depth.
Have you tried to render at the other resolution? if seeing the issue in 1080 24p try it in 720 60p to see if it still happens. In 10d when I had the problem it would act normal in 720 but show up in 1080 24p. Back then my workaround to the bug was to render a short subclip and insert that in a timeline above the actual edited version so as to get through the long program render.
post #66 of 67 Old 07-31-2011, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Sorry Don you are correct, I meant 10d. I will give your advice a try after I'm finished rendering this movie. It's almost complete and after watching some renders before, the final result is going to be amazing!

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #67 of 67 Old 09-08-2011, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any possibility that if you set a keyframe at the beginning of this section it renders OK?
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page