Vegas 10e Freeze & Crash - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 07-21-2011, 03:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 168
petri- I'm observing a pattern in the issues of Vegas instability in the posts on the topic in three of the popular Vegas Pro forums.

1. Issue #1 is bloatware. These are systems where owners have loaded numerous bits of shareware and other demo software as well as lots of different editing and file conversion packages. People who are rendering pretty much crash free complex renders with 10e are not running systems with all sorts of "bloatware" The vegas installs are on systems with clean registry files too. And that brings up another issue. In my own case I have seem many software installs load up unnecessary side applications that clutter the system, then when I decide I didn't need them, I did the uninstall and thinking my system was free, discovered all sorts of remnant references to it in the registry file. This needs to be cleaned up manually or by the use of a tool for that purpose. When I did my house cleaning on my system with Vegas Pro, I discovered 35 uninstalled applications (Bloatware) that had over 235 references left on in the registry file.

2. The second common theme is systems with inadequate drive space to properly hold all the temp files of large projects. As a Blu-Ray iso render goes through the process it stores some files that can get quite large during the rendering process.

I'm sure there may be other root causes for Vegas render crash but when I cleaned up my bloatware and the registry file and made sure my drive capacity was adequate for the size of my project, the render crashes disappeared!

I recently tested a product TMT5 and guess what for the first time in over a month my render crashed about a minute into it. Dumped that using uninstall and cleaned up the remnants left in the registry file. rebooted the computer and the render continued flawlessly for 11 hours.

I'm not claiming any miracle solution but I know what has worked here so far. It is a fairly clean system dedicated to Vegas Pro and Sony software, Adobe CS3, and Microsoft Word. There is nothing else media related on my system.

I also agree with you that those videos offer nothing new. I consider them good for a few laughs at best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 07-21-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
My system is pretty clean and only has Vegas and DVD A installed. After switching HD's my Vegas seems to work great. Rendering 2 hours is only taking about 12 hours to finish now which has made me very happy.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #33 of 33 Old 07-22-2011, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

1. Issue #1 is bloatware.

Absolutely agree. I've been running all my Vegas 10/3D tests on a PC which is not tuned for video editing; it's my Jack-of-all-trades work PC which is mainly used for Photoshop work and writing articles. (I have a dedicated video editing/color grading PC but it's geared for 4K footage shot on a RED camera.) It's also stuffed chock full of software, codecs etc. and I'm sure that could very well be a factor. But I do clean up the PC quite regularly with a variety of applications, and my Vegas 10 installation is actually quite solid when working with non-exotic file formats and built-in plug-ins. I've also managed to create several MVC Blu-ray 3Ds from side-by-side content without crashes so it's not exactly a house of cards in a hurricane

Quote:

2. The second common theme is systems with inadequate drive space to properly hold all the temp files of large projects.

Enough drive space should go without saying IMHO.

Quote:

I recently tested a product TMT5 and guess what for the first time in over a month my render crashed about a minute into it.

I've pretty much given up on TMT5; it's just way way too unreliable. I test Vegas output with Stereoscopic Player and PowerDVD 11.

Please, feel free to call me by my first name, Petri.
Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page