3D MTS files from a Sony HDR-TD10 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 281 Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

Hey, Don. Thanks for the tip. I tried HDMI too and nothing. I used the Oppo USB as it reads ISO 3D via USB. I just don't know why the player sees the camera file as an AVCH, not MTS.
Helcio

Here are some ways to view 3D from the TD10 that work.

Use method 1 or 2, or use 3 plus 3A or 3B or 3C or 3D

1) Connect the HDMI output of the TD10 camcorder directly with the Sony supplied HDMI cable to a 3DTV and set the TD10 HDMI output in the menu to SBS. Set the 3DTV / projector to SBS also. This is the easiest way.

2) Connect the HDR-TD10 camcorder USB port to the USB port on a Sony bluray player model BDP-S480 or S580 or S780 player that is connected to your 3DTV. These players are the only ones known to work in 3D when directly connected to the USB from the TD10.

3) Import the camcorder files to a PC using the latest update of the Sony supplied PMB software. Use the imported files as described below in 3A or 3B or 3C or 3D.

3A) Play the files to a 3DTV connected directly to the computer using the "Stereoscopic Player" software which can be downloaded from the internet. The latest version of Cyberlink PowerDVD can also play these files in 3D.

3B) Use the Sony PMB software with a bluray burner drive that is connected to a PC with the Sony PMB software and burn the imported files to a BD-R disk. This produces an AVCHD 2.0 disk. Then use a Sony model BDP-S480 or S580 or S780 blu ray player connected to a 3TDV to view the disk burned this way in 3D. These are the only players that will play that disk AVCHD 2.0 disk.

3C) Use Sony Vegas version 10 or 11, and / or Cyberlink Power Director version 10 to convert the imported files to 1080p24-Full 3D, and burn the result to a BD-R disk. The resulting disk can be played on any 3D compatible bluray player. If interested, there is a procedure that has been worked out to give optimum results. The resulting 1080p24-3D file output can also be played on streaming players that use the realtek 1186 3D player system, and can be played on most other 3D file playing software.

3D) Use the software from (3C) to make a 1080p24-SBS 3D file. Use almost any player, 2D or 3D, to play that file to your TV / projector that is operated in 3D-SBS mode.

With the current Oppo firmware available as of this writing, the Oppo 3D player will work in 3D only when the 3D content from the Sony HDR-TD10 is converted as per either (3C) or (3D) above. This applies to most 3D bluray players except the particular Sony bluray players I mentioned in this post.

Strange - I just noticed that item (3D) is the last item. LOL.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 281 Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

Hey, Don. Thanks for the tip. I tried HDMI too and nothing. I used the Oppo USB as it reads ISO 3D via USB. I just don't know why the player sees the camera file as an AVCH, not MTS.
Helcio

Sorry I was so short with my answer. I was on my phone at Epcot getting ready to shoot the fireworks.

Here's a little more detail.

First set up your TD10 in the menu to playback 3D via Hdmi. This is in the TD10 manual,
Put your camcorder in 3D mode
Touch menu and then setup. Scroll down to HDMI




Po3D setting and set it to frame packing or auto. This requires a 3D TV.
Use the hdmi cable and connect your TD10 to your 3D AVR that you claim is 3D ready. If it is then you have a AVR that has HDMI1.4 so you will have both 3D in frame packing and 5.1 audio with only this one cable.
Now, put the TD10 in playback mode and you should have 3D and sound.

All this works assuming your equipment is hdmi 1.4 and 3D ready.

The USB connection is used for file transfer not for playback.


If you are having trouble with connecting your td10 up to your 3D projector, and seeing 3D, you most likely have something not setup in the menu properly.

Mts is an avchd file format using multi view coding to make it 3D.

There is discussion that Oppo will soon disable the ISO playback for legal reasons. I would not depend on the Oppo for ISO playback.
Don Landis is offline  
post #33 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 01:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

The USB connection is used for file transfer not for playback.

What's actually true is that the USB connection from the TD10 can be used for 3D playback with any of the 3 Sony Bluray players I listed above in (2), but only these bluray players.

The advantage of this is that the hdmi connection between the TV and the bluray players is left connected, while the usb connection between the bluray players and the TD10 camcorder can be disconnected and the camcorder taken for recording, and then reconnected, without needing to plug hdmi connections, since hdmi are more fragile than usb.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #34 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Member
 
helcio.carvalho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Guys -- thanks a whole lot for alla your input. One last query: What if I import the files to my computer using the PMB software, copy it to a HDD and then plug it to the Oppo USB port? Would it work?
Yes, my AVR has HDMI 1.4. I do not have a 3D TV. I have the Panny 7000 projector, which is 3D, connected to my Denon AVR.
If push comes to shove I'll buy one of the sony models Richard mentioned and get it over with. Seems simpler (even though I already have the Oppo and also a Panny 3d player... who says three is a crowd?)
Thanks a gazillion for all the info. Lotsa food for thought...
Helcio

P.S.: As for Oppo disabling ISO playback... does that mean I will lose this function in a new software updating? Why, if that's the case I simply won't update it ever!!
helcio.carvalho is offline  
post #35 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

Guys -- thanks a whole lot for alla your input. One last query: What if I import the files to my computer using the PMB software, copy it to a HDD and then plug it to the Oppo USB port? Would it work?
Yes, my AVR has HDMI 1.4. I do not have a 3D TV. I have the Panny 7000 projector, which is 3D, connected to my Denon AVR.
If push comes to shove I'll buy one of the sony models Richard mentioned and get it over with. Seems simpler (even though I already have the Oppo and also a Panny 3d player... who says three is a crowd?)
Thanks a gazillion for all the info. Lotsa food for thought...
Helcio

P.S.: As for Oppo disabling ISO playback... does that mean I will lose this function in a new software updating? Why, if that's the case I simply won't update it ever!!

Please understand that the ideas Richard offers are to be considered all his recommendations and options. IMO, I consider most of what Richard suggested over the top when a much easier solution for your immediate problem is suggested. Buying a bluray player just to use a USB cable for playback seems a bit much for the way I prefer to do things. Not sure what model Denon you have is but my Denon works for 3D easily. When I want to play 3D from the TD10 I just plug in the hdmi cable to the front hdmi connector on the Denon and select it and begin playing 3D. You seem to have all the equipment so you obviously still have something set wrong either in your TD10 or in the projector. To troubleshoot, try connecting your TD10 directly to your projector with hdmi and set the TD10 to auto or frame packing. Btw, you can also play from the TD10 live. I purchased a longer hdmi adapter cable so I could run it from my Denon AVR to my couch about 20 ft. Makes things very easy to view 3D that way. The cable that comes with the TD 10 was too short.

Re. The Oppo and iso playback from local USB drive-- you can disconnect the Oppo from your Internet to prevent auto firmware updates but eventually you will need the updates to play any new bluray titles. So, consider your strategy olny a temporary solution. You can also buy a media player such as the hi media 900B that will play 3D iso files. These boxes are not licensed for latest bluray 3D menu format but will play 3D iso now. This is what I did as my solution to the Oppo update problem. These boxes cost about $210 plus your hard drive cost. To my understanding HiMedia is the only media player that can do 3D. You can order these through Amazon or order from China maker direct.
Don Landis is offline  
post #36 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Member
 
helcio.carvalho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks yet again, Don. Yes, I will try to plug in the HDMI cable to my Denon and see if that does the trick. Seems easier that way for sure. I have three media players - DUNE, POPCORN and XTREAMER PRODIGY. The latter was supposed to play ISO 3D, but I did everything I could and it just won't do it thru my AVR. Maybe it's some sorta bug they'll fix in a future firmware. That damned thing really pissed me off and I decided to let it rest -- and got the Oppo.
Even though it's a temporary solution I will not update my Oppo for the time being (it won't do it automatically).
Thanks a bunch --
Helcio
helcio.carvalho is offline  
post #37 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Member
 
helcio.carvalho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just tried what you said, Don -- step by step. I got sound but no image. And when I access the 3D SETTINGS menu on my projector it won't even let me adjust SBS. It's as if the image is not 3D.
When I plug the camera to my Oppo via USB, I can see everything in 2D (and the Oppo reads the file as AVCH).
The problem about connectiing the camera directly to my projector is that the Panny is on my ceiling and the back connections are not easy to reach...
I may end up buying the freaking Sony player... I'm too old for that kinda stress.
Helcio
helcio.carvalho is offline  
post #38 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

Just tried what you said, Don -- step by step. I got sound but no image. And when I access the 3D SETTINGS menu on my projector it won't even let me adjust SBS. It's as if the image is not 3D.
When I plug the camera to my Oppo via USB, I can see everything in 2D (and the Oppo reads the file as AVCH).
The problem about connectiing the camera directly to my projector is that the Panny is on my ceiling and the back connections are not easy to reach...
I may end up buying the freaking Sony player... I'm too old for that kinda stress.
Helcio

Please look at the options shown at my post at the top of this page. It is also at this link.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post21665869

Most bluray players that play from files cannot play the TD10 files in 3D unless you use the method I show as (3C). No version of the Oppo player know so far can play TD10 files in 3D without the method (3C) to do this. This applies to all players except the following. A PC 3D player software can play TD10 files in 3D by using method (3A). The Sony models I listed can also play them in 3D using method (2) or method (3B). Without doing that method (3C) no other 3D player can play TD10 files in 3D.

I am going to write what I wrote above in another way. The TD10 3D files are not compatible and will not play in 3D on most bluray players that play in 3D. They are not compatible with the Oppo. They can be made compatible by using an intensive procedure to convert them. This is what is shown in my method (3C).

Saying this another way again. If you do not want to run the TD10 3D files through software that converts them to 24p, there are few choices to play these files in 3D. See my thread referenced above for all the methods. These are proven to work.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #39 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

Guys -- thanks a whole lot for alla your input. One last query: What if I import the files to my computer using the PMB software, copy it to a HDD and then plug it to the Oppo USB port? Would it work?

Important answers:

Oppo - cannot play TD10 files through any method in 3D unless they are first converted to 24p by method (3C).

Sony players BDP S-480 or S-580 or S780 - cannot play TD10 files in 3D from a hard drive. No one has gotten this to work yet.

There are two easy ways to get the Sony players I listed above to play the TD10 3D content in 3D. These are method (2) and method (3B). Method (3C) also works, and it requires using software (Sony Vegas or other) and a lot of processing time to convert the files.

Don is an expert at method (3C).

Note. Sony has some restrictions on using 3D content, even with their own players I listed. You can plug the camcorder into the Sony Player USB port and get 3D playback. However, if you copy the same files to hard drive and plug that drive into the Sony player's USB port, the files do not play in 3D.

Since the Sony players do not play the TD10 files in 3D from a hard drive, the only other method to get 3D from unconverted TD10 files on the Sony players is to burn them to a BD-R using method (3B).

I wish Sony would allow playing the TD10 files in 3D from a hard drive. Sony could change this or someone may figure out a "work-around" way to do this.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #40 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Member
 
helcio.carvalho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the new feedback, Richard. The funny thing is that I DID NOT USE ANY PLAYER to try and see the footage in 3D -- I plugged the camera directly to one of the AVS HDMI 1.4 port and all I got was sound -- no image! I couldn't figure out why.
Tomorrow I will follow your advice, buy the Sony player and be done with it!
Helcio


Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

Please look at the options shown at my post at the top of this page. It is also at this link.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post21665869

Most bluray players that play from files cannot play the TD10 files in 3D unless you use the method I show as (3C). No version of the Oppo player know so far can play TD10 files in 3D without the method (3C) to do this. This applies to all players except the following. A PC 3D player software can play TD10 files in 3D by using method (3A). The Sony models I listed can also play them in 3D using method (2) or method (3B). Without doing that method (3C) no other 3D player can play TD10 files in 3D.

I am going to write what I wrote above in another way. The TD10 3D files are not compatible and will not play in 3D on most bluray players that play in 3D. They are not compatible with the Oppo. They can be made compatible by using an intensive procedure to convert them. This is what is shown in my method (3C).

Saying this another way again. If you do not want to run the TD10 3D files through software that converts them to 24p, there are few choices to play these files in 3D. See my thread referenced above for all the methods. These are proven to work.

helcio.carvalho is offline  
post #41 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 02:32 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I still say you are doing something wrong if your hdmi from the TD10 won't play on the projector and 3D BD will play. It's got to be in the menu settings.

BTW= my Denon is the AVR-4311ci.

Another way to troubleshoot would be to play a 3D BD from your OPPO that plays fine. Now unplug the hdmi from the Denon and use that hdmi input on your denon for the TD10 ( temporarily ) Again, be sure your TD10 in in 3D mode and the menu is set for frame packing or auto for hdmi. You can also turn on hdmi control since you are using a DVR that supports v1.4. speck.

The logic behind using the same hdmi port as the Oppo is because that port is known to work in 3D and your projector with a signal that is just like the TD10, (Frame packing output)


Just had another thought. The oppo is putting out 24p and maybe your PT-AE7000U Projector is set for 3D 24p only. So, everything works with the 3D BD which is 24p. However even though your PT-AE7000U Projector can accept the TD10 video which is 1080 60i ( frame packed) it is NOT 24p and if the projector is set to 24p only then the screen should be black. I've been suggesting you may have something in the menus of the TD10 wrong but maybe the PT-AE7000U Projector setting is wrong and needs to be in an "auto detect" rather than 24p only mode.
Sorry, I don't have a manual for your projector so I can't look that up for you. I own a Sony VPL-VW90es and it has an auto detect mode which I use as a projector setting.

I use auto detect so my projector can see program sources for 24p, 60i or 60p (from the Sony PS3) What it won't auto detect is a SBS vs frame packing. For that I have to manually configure the projector ( which is not easy to do on the Sony as it is buried deep in the menus )
Don Landis is offline  
post #42 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Richard- Which Sony BD player do you own? I have an unrelated question about the Sony players. Has nothing to do with the TD10.
Don Landis is offline  
post #43 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

Thanks for the new feedback, Richard. The funny thing is that I DID NOT USE ANY PLAYER to try and see the footage in 3D -- I plugged the camera directly to one of the AVS HDMI 1.4 port and all I got was sound -- no image! I couldn't figure out why.
Tomorrow I will follow your advice, buy the Sony player and be done with it!
Helcio

When I have seen the TV only get sound from the TD10 hdmi connection I do like Don says to set the TD10 HDMI output setting. I do not use AUTO. I use Side-by-Side mode. The TD10 "AUTO" mode for HDMI sometimes does not work, so I specifically pick "side by side" in the TD10 menu.

On the TD10
> touch menu
> touch setup
> scroll to and touch HDMI 3D settings
> touch Side-by-Side
> touch OK in the upper left

> Turn the Denon, TD10, and projector off.
> Connect the HDMI cable from the TD10 to the Denon
> Turn all equipment on
> See if you can select Side by Side mode in the projector now, and that 3D picture is now working.

Before buying the Sony Bluray player, in case you cannot return it if it does not help, please find out if other owners of your model of Denon and projector are able to use that model of Sony bluray player okay with 3D from 3D movie disks.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #44 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Member
 
helcio.carvalho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Dear Don and Richard --
Guys, can't thank you enought for all your time in trying to help me out. I was about to give up.
Previosly I had unplugged my Panasonic 3D player from the AVR HDMI and plugged the camera to that same exact port. Did everything else concerning the HDMI 3D settings on the camera (did not use auto but side by side) and nothing. You know what did the trick? Turning everything off and then on, as Richard poInted out in his last post! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!! THE FREAKIN' GLORIOUS 3D IS NOW MINE! At long last! And honest to God -- I would never be able to do it on my own!
THANKS AGAIN, GUYS -- YOU'RE THE BEST!
Helcio

BTW, my Denon is the AVR 2311ci
helcio.carvalho is offline  
post #45 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Member
 
chang69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

The problem about connectiing the camera directly to my projector is that the Panny is on my ceiling and the back connections are not easy to reach...
I may end up buying the freaking Sony player... I'm too old for that kinda stress.
Helcio

Really?? Just get a chair or ladder to connect the TD10 and then you can be sure if your projector can even support the format out of the TD10. But you rather go buy a blu ray player?
chang69 is offline  
post #46 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chang69 View Post

Really?? Just get a chair or ladder to connect the TD10 and then you can be sure if your projector can even support the format out of the TD10. But you rather go buy a blu ray player?

Most 3D compatible TVs and projectors will play the 3D output of the TD10 when the TD10 HDMI output mode is set to "Side by Side" output. This is a Half SBS signal that uses a 2D frame, so it should pass through the HDMI of the Denon without a problem.

I have seen instances that when the TD10 hdmi output is set to "AUTO," there is no picture. Then, when it is set to "side by side," there is a picture.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #47 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by helcio.carvalho View Post

Dear Don and Richard --
Guys, can't thank you enought for all your time in trying to help me out. I was about to give up.
Previosly I had unplugged my Panasonic 3D player from the AVR HDMI and plugged the camera to that same exact port. Did everything else concerning the HDMI 3D settings on the camera (did not use auto but side by side) and nothing. You know what did the trick? Turning everything off and then on, as Richard poInted out in his last post! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!! THE FREAKIN' GLORIOUS 3D IS NOW MINE! At long last! And honest to God -- I would never be able to do it on my own!
THANKS AGAIN, GUYS -- YOU'RE THE BEST!
Helcio

BTW, my Denon is the AVR 2311ci

Good work getting that going.

Thank you for reporting back with the success story.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #48 of 281 Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Glade you found the right sequence. Good idea to shut everything off to allow the projector to sense the signal from the TD10. Thanks Panasonic!

Richard: I always wondered why the TD10 had a selected frame packing and SBS with auto. Mine connects to either my Vizio or Sony projector in auto mode, both frame packing. Once I selected, SBS ( half) just to compare the TD10 original with a SBS (half) from rendered wmv to compare the quality but normally I just leave in "auto".
Don Landis is offline  
post #49 of 281 Old 02-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Member
 
helcio.carvalho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My pleasure to share the story -- you're responsible for the happy ending!
I watched the 3D recordings thru 2AM in pure joy -- not being able to do it after so many tries was really getting on my nerves!
I wish Sony had taken the time to include tips such as the ones you guys gave me on the Manual trouble shooting section. It would save us a lot of unnecessary grievances.
Live long and prosper, guys! Today is Carnival in Brazil and I'll have my private blast finally showing the 3D recordings to my family.
Helcio


Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Glade you found the right sequence. Good idea to shut everything off to allow the projector to sense the signal from the TD10. Thanks Panasonic!

Richard: I always wondered why the TD10 had a selected frame packing and SBS with auto. Mine connects to either my Vizio or Sony projector in auto mode, both frame packing. Once I selected, SBS ( half) just to compare the TD10 original with a SBS (half) from rendered wmv to compare the quality but normally I just leave in "auto".

helcio.carvalho is offline  
post #50 of 281 Old 02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Newbie
 
cezar.pimentel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

Here are some ways to view 3D from the TD10 that work.

Use method 1 or 2, or use 3 plus 3A or 3B or 3C or 3D

1) Connect the HDMI output of the TD10 camcorder directly with the Sony supplied HDMI cable to a 3DTV and set the TD10 HDMI output in the menu to SBS. Set the 3DTV / projector to SBS also. This is the easiest way.

2) Connect the HDR-TD10 camcorder USB port to the USB port on a Sony bluray player model BDP-S480 or S580 or S780 player that is connected to your 3DTV. These players are the only ones known to work in 3D when directly connected to the USB from the TD10.

3) Import the camcorder files to a PC using the latest update of the Sony supplied PMB software. Use the imported files as described below in 3A or 3B or 3C or 3D.

3A) Play the files to a 3DTV connected directly to the computer using the "Stereoscopic Player" software which can be downloaded from the internet. The latest version of Cyberlink PowerDVD can also play these files in 3D.

3B) Use the Sony PMB software with a bluray burner drive that is connected to a PC with the Sony PMB software and burn the imported files to a BD-R disk. This produces an AVCHD 2.0 disk. Then use a Sony model BDP-S480 or S580 or S780 blu ray player connected to a 3TDV to view the disk burned this way in 3D. These are the only players that will play that disk AVCHD 2.0 disk.

3C) Use Sony Vegas version 10 or 11, and / or Cyberlink Power Director version 10 to convert the imported files to 1080p24-Full 3D, and burn the result to a BD-R disk. The resulting disk can be played on any 3D compatible bluray player. If interested, there is a procedure that has been worked out to give optimum results. The resulting 1080p24-3D file output can also be played on streaming players that use the realtek 1186 3D player system, and can be played on most other 3D file playing software.

3D) Use the software from (3C) to make a 1080p24-SBS 3D file. Use almost any player, 2D or 3D, to play that file to your TV / projector that is operated in 3D-SBS mode.

With the current Oppo firmware available as of this writing, the Oppo 3D player will work in 3D only when the 3D content from the Sony HDR-TD10 is converted as per either (3C) or (3D) above. This applies to most 3D bluray players except the particular Sony bluray players I mentioned in this post.

Strange - I just noticed that item (3D) is the last item. LOL.

3D is indeed the last item and the best approach in my opnion.

helcio is my father in law. I'll help him out reproducing items (3C) or (3D).

Richard, thank you very much for the detailed instructions, and thanks everyone for helping us out.

Cheers!

Cezar

Thanks!

Cezar
cezar.pimentel is offline  
post #51 of 281 Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezar.pimentel View Post

3D is indeed the last item and the best approach in my opnion.

helcio is my father in law. I'll help him out reproducing items (3C) or (3D).

Richard, thank you very much for the detailed instructions, and thanks everyone for helping us out.

Cheers!

Cezar

Methods 3C / 3D can use a flow worked out by Don Landis which uses both Sony Vegas 11 Pro (SVP) and Cyberlink PowerDirector 10 (PD10) software. If the output desired is SBS, this can be produced with SVP alone. Note that the SBS files have half the horizontal resolution, as compared with producing full bluray compatible output from PD10.

See the flow for bluray 1080p24-3D output documented here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21213701

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #52 of 281 Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Richard- There are a few corrections/updates however as follows:

Quote:


Here is a summary of the flow Don uses for Sony TD10 to bluray 1080p24 output. Is this correct?

A) Use most recent updates for SVP 11 and PD10
B) SVP 11 Used for editing, not mandatory though.
C) Render the timeline using

Main Concept AVC - custom template of 1920 wide by 2160 tall (Top Bottom 3D)
Set the Fps as 23.976 Progressive
Variable bit rate with 20000 max and 14000 average
Set the VBR to 20,000 average and maximum to 50,000
Your output file will be in mp4 for PD10 compatibility.

D) Render a separate PCM wav 5.1 file from SVP 11
E) The above prepared the files for import to PD10, which continues below
F) Import the files produced by SVP 11

Import the Top/bottom Full MP4 file and select it with the right mouse as 3D format Over under
Drag to the timeline ( set the clip timeline in PD10 to over/under format )
Import 5.1 PCM wav and drag to an additional audio timeline.
Trim (?) alignment of 5.1 PCM against audio inside the MP4 by eliminating echoes
Disable audio on the MP4 once you are satisfied with the alignment

G) Add chapters and menu design using PD10 as desired.
H) Render this as a 1920 x 1080p and DD or DTS 5.1 audio to the bluray media burned
Power Director will create a burned Bluray 3D disk but if you want you can also create an iso of this rendering by saving the file folder on your hard drive and then select that using a third software called DVDFAB BluRay copy. Here, instead of selecting your bluray rom drive, select the folder on your hard drive and then save to another folder on tyhe drive. The output will be a 3DBD iso file.

The need to use SVP to produce the intermediate files that is 1080p24 suggests (speculation) a weakness in PD10 for the 1080i60 to 1080p24 conversion.
Not necessarily. I feel I have more creative power doing my initial editing in Sony Vegas Pro v11 so I choose to do that, Simple, basic editing can easily be done starting with Power Director and virgin files imported from the TD10 camcorder using PMB to properly stitch the camcorder's native MTS files for use.


Don Landis is offline  
post #53 of 281 Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Richard- There are a few corrections/updates however as follows:

Regarding what I referred to as a weakness of PD10, the process done in SVP included converting the video from the 1080i60-3D to the 1080p24-3D. There was talk at the time that SVP did a better job of this conversion, which is a change of frame rates combined with a change from interlace to progressive.

Is it still the case that SVP does a better job of converting 1080i60-3D to 1080p24-3D than PD10, or is PD10 now considered equal to SVP in the resulting conversion quality?

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #54 of 281 Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Don't know, Richard. Haven't continued to study these differences. For me, there is little to no reason to do initial editing in PD10 as I'm a Vegas guy. Some guys ( like Joe Clark ) like to know many different editing platforms, but my time is better spent becoming an expert in one. I don't teach editing to students and I don't shoot with a camcorder that is incompatible and requires me to jump through all sorts of hoops different software to complete a project. I continue to think of PD10 as my 3D Blu Ray authoring software. If I'm not burning a disk with menus, no need to use it.

Considering a new piece of hardware I'm into now, thanks to you, I haven't even used PD10 on my last several projects since the 900B doesn't do 3D menus. Therefore I just place the chapter stops in Vegas and render to 1080 24p 25 Mbit then copy over to the 900b.
Don Landis is offline  
post #55 of 281 Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Don't know, Richard. Haven't continued to study these differences. For me, there is little to no reason to do initial editing in PD10 as I'm a Vegas guy. Some guys ( like Joe Clark ) like to know many different editing platforms, but my time is better spent becoming an expert in one. I don't teach editing to students and I don't shoot with a camcorder that is incompatible and requires me to jump through all sorts of hoops different software to complete a project. I continue to think of PD10 as my 3D Blu Ray authoring software. If I'm not burning a disk with menus, no need to use it.

Considering a new piece of hardware I'm into now, thanks to you, I haven't even used PD10 on my last several projects since the 900B doesn't do 3D menus. Therefore I just place the chapter stops in Vegas and render to 1080 24p 25 Mbit then copy over to the 900b.

How then do you distribute the results to others besides youtube?

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #56 of 281 Old 02-24-2012, 08:16 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Don Landis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 11,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

How then do you distribute the results to others besides youtube?

Well, so far, that's it!

I retired from the TV ad business two years ago. I'm just doing this as a hobby and amateur.
Don Landis is offline  
post #57 of 281 Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
 
threed123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Troy, MI, USA
Posts: 2,486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Fyi, my Optoma HD3300 (aka HD33) plays 3D directly from the camera and through my Insignia 3D Receiver (Onkyo clone) with no problems in auto. Gorgeous image.
threed123 is offline  
post #58 of 281 Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Member
 
olegy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for reopening an old thread, but I need a quick feedback.
Just bought a Sony BDP S480 BR player in a hope that it'll play HDR-TD10 files written by Sony's PMB utility ( I did not want to reprocess any files- trying to avoid any quality loss).
I was shocked that S480 plays them in 720-60p mode , not in 1080i (!!!) - huge quality loss on passive 3D TV.
Anyone knows how to force BDP S480 to play HDR-TD10 files in 1080i mode?
Otherwise, the player goes back to the seller.
olegy is offline  
post #59 of 281 Old 05-01-2012, 12:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wolfgang S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vienna/Austria
Posts: 1,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegy View Post

I was shocked that S480 plays them in 720-60p mode , not in 1080i (!!!) - huge quality loss on passive 3D TV.
Anyone knows how to force BMP S480 to play HDR-TD10 files in 1080i mode?
Otherwise, the player goes back to the seller.

To my opinion there is no way to force the playr to use the 1080i mode, even if the PMB will create a BDAV structure with 3D 1080i. But the player does not accept that, and scales that down to 720p - to my opinion that is an artificical limitation since that would not be necessary.

I do not know if there is another player yet, that is able to playback BDAV-structures generated witht he PMB as 3D 1080i really.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
Wolfgang S. is offline  
post #60 of 281 Old 05-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Member
 
emporer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had the same problem with the Sony 480, the AVCHD 2.0 3d disc I made would only play in 720 mode, obviously now this is a limitation but does the 580 or even the 780 handle it in the same way? or do they actually output the discs properly in 1080i?
emporer is offline  
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off