3D MTS files from a Sony HDR-TD10 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 279 Old 12-27-2012, 02:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
For those who are interested you can now play 3D MTS files on your TV / Projector

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_product_med1000x3d.html
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_product_med600x3d.html

USA Dealer
http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html

Mede8er1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 279 Old 12-27-2012, 02:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Does it playback MVC based3D-BD ISO with or without menus?

Can it playback AVCHD 3D based ISOs? So with 1080 50i/60i?

And MVC files from cameras like the TD10/TD20/Z10000 can be played back directly?

Where can it be purchased in Europe?

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #183 of 279 Old 12-27-2012, 07:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 106
http://shop.mede8ershop.eu/

Wolfgang- I would be surprised if it does full menus since the BD group has forbid other companies from writing apps to do this. The only thing I have here to do 3D menus is the OPPO BD player and that feature has been disabled in current firmware upgrades. Mine is not upgraded. smile.gif Some media players generate their own universal menu to play 3D programs with scene indexing.
post #184 of 279 Old 12-27-2012, 08:21 AM

These models can play MVC based 3D-BD ISO and MKV with MVC from Makemkv at 1080p 23.976fps. For higher fps ie 25 hz or 30 hz you need to use 720p. These players can also play the native MTS file directly and has been 100% confirmed with samples from Sony HDRTD20. 3D Menu in commercial BD is not allowed and these players have BD light Playlist navigation. They available in most European regions and you can check the EU website http://www.mede8er.eu/en/ or just google MED1000X3D / MED600X2D

Mede8er1
post #185 of 279 Old 01-18-2013, 01:18 PM

Liked: 12
Hi all, I bought the HDR-TD10 about a year ago and have been struggling to find a 3D editing workflow that resulted in a video that had close to raw footage quality and would produce a file I could play on my PS3 to 3DTV from an attached usb harddrive. Well after a year of trying multiple editing programs like Sony Vegas 12, Movie Studio HD, Cyberlink Power Director, etc, I just could not find the right combo of settings and the resulting videos would be of poor quality in both video and motion and/or would not play in 3D. Well I have finally figured it out and I thought I would share this workflow so other frustrated users like me can finally relax and enjoy their edited 3D footage in pristine 1920/1080 60i quality simply by choosing your video from a menu thumbnail and clicking the PS3 remote. Here is what you need....a PS3 with the latest firmware, PMB that came with your camera, Pinnacle Studio 16 with latest software update(must do update), and Sony PlayMemories software for the PS3 downloaded from the Playstation Store. You will also need an external usb harddrive formatted in fat32. Just Google fat32 format utility and you should be able to find and download for free. I have a 1 TB WD Passport drive that works great and 1 TB will hold a LOT of 3D footage. Step 1 - Import your footage from your HDR-TD10 to your pc with PMB. Step 2 - Drag and drop your files on the Pinnacle Studio time line in Movie Mode and do your trimming, add titles, transitions, etc. Pinnacle Studio 16 has some awesome stuff to add to your movies especially if you buy the Ultimate package. (I do not work for Pinnacle smile.gif Make sure your movie is set to 3D by going to the little gears icon at the top left of the time line. Step 3 - When you are done editing save your project and click the Export button at the top of the screen. When the export window opens choose File, AVCHD/Bluray, PS3 HD Video, and Multistream and click Export at bottom of screen. Step 4 - After it's done rendering (It's slow but worth it) copy the .MTS file to the root of the external harddrive. Step 5 - Plug the external harddrive into your PS3 and open the PlayMemories software. Navigate to the ext harddrive and you should see a thumbnail of your videos. Last Step - Grab a cold one and click the thumbnail to watch your masterpiece HD3D. That's it! Not sure if it's perfect raw footage quality but it looks a lot better than the quality you get when burning to a bluray at the lower resolution. I hope this workflow helps someone. Have fun! cool.gif
post #186 of 279 Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 AM

**Update** Houston we have a problem! Ok my workflow works great BUT the fat32 file system only allows file sizes of 2 gig or less! Doh! All my test files were only 1.5 gig or less. I rendered an 8 gig file and when I tried to copy to the ext harddrive it gave an error "File too large". Anybody have any suggestions how to overcome this?
post #187 of 279 Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Sure. Do not use FAT32. smile.gif

Newer equipment should not need that.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #188 of 279 Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 AM

Liked: 10
Is there STILL no workflow for this camera!? There HAS to be a way? How did sony make the opening demo video that comes ON the camera?
I have been using the latest software that came from sony to make avchd 2.0 blu-ray discs that play at the same quality but you can't edit, only arrange clips.
If i want to edit a full 3D blu-ray I have to go 24p in vegas 12 and that's it. I'm viewing on an Epson 3020e projector

Michael Biggins AKA Blackout
actor/writer/director/editor/comedian/ferret wrangler
Blackout's Box Studios - NYC -FLORIDA - LA
877-9-BLACKOUT
http://facebook.com/blackout
http://blackout.com
http://youtube.com/BlackoutsBox
http://youtube.com/TrumpetDinopup
http://blackoutsblog.com
http://vimeo.com/micha...
post #189 of 279 Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

For sure there is a workflow for TD10 footage. More then one. But it may depend what you are looking for as final target format. And you may run into limitations, if you wish to go from 1080 60i to 1080 24p - but that is the Blu ray consortia. From 1080 50i it is possible to go to 1080 24p with some knowledge but with high quality. For sure you can render also to AVCHD 3D if you use Edius - you are able to do that in 1080 60i/60i too and have all editing possibliities.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #190 of 279 Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
fat32 limit is 4gb, so divide and conquer.
post #191 of 279 Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaver42 View Post

Hi all, I bought the HDR-TD10 about a year ago and have been struggling to find a 3D editing workflow that resulted in a video that had close to raw footage quality and would produce a file I could play on my PS3 to 3DTV from an attached usb harddrive. Well after a year of trying multiple editing programs like Sony Vegas 12, Movie Studio HD, Cyberlink Power Director, etc, I just could not find the right combo of settings and the resulting videos would be of poor quality in both video and motion and/or would not play in 3D. Well I have finally figured it out and I thought I would share this workflow so other frustrated users like me can finally relax and enjoy their edited 3D footage in pristine 1920/1080 60i quality simply by choosing your video from a menu thumbnail and clicking the PS3 remote. Here is what you need....a PS3 with the latest firmware, PMB that came with your camera, Pinnacle Studio 16 with latest software update(must do update), and Sony PlayMemories software for the PS3 downloaded from the Playstation Store. You will also need an external usb harddrive formatted in fat32. Just Google fat32 format utility and you should be able to find and download for free. I have a 1 TB WD Passport drive that works great and 1 TB will hold a LOT of 3D footage. Step 1 - Import your footage from your HDR-TD10 to your pc with PMB. Step 2 - Drag and drop your files on the Pinnacle Studio time line in Movie Mode and do your trimming, add titles, transitions, etc. Pinnacle Studio 16 has some awesome stuff to add to your movies especially if you buy the Ultimate package. (I do not work for Pinnacle smile.gif Make sure your movie is set to 3D by going to the little gears icon at the top left of the time line. Step 3 - When you are done editing save your project and click the Export button at the top of the screen. When the export window opens choose File, AVCHD/Bluray, PS3 HD Video, and Multistream and click Export at bottom of screen. Step 4 - After it's done rendering (It's slow but worth it) copy the .MTS file to the root of the external harddrive. Step 5 - Plug the external harddrive into your PS3 and open the PlayMemories software. Navigate to the ext harddrive and you should see a thumbnail of your videos. Last Step - Grab a cold one and click the thumbnail to watch your masterpiece HD3D. That's it! Not sure if it's perfect raw footage quality but it looks a lot better than the quality you get when burning to a bluray at the lower resolution. I hope this workflow helps someone. Have fun! cool.gif

There is a lot of information here that does not make any sense. The PS3 was never updated to enable playing clips from the TD10 3D camcorder which are recorded in 3D AVCHD 2.0. They play in 2D on the PS3.

I triedit again by attaching an external hard drive containing the AVCHD 2.0 file structure and about 600 TD 10 3D clips. They all play in 2D. I also created a file as described above copied the file to an external hard drive and attached the drive to my PS3. It played in 2D. I need to be convinced that I can play edited TD10 clips in 3D on my PS3.

So far no one else on this forum claims to be able to play TD 10 clips in 3D on a PS3.

Marty
post #192 of 279 Old 01-23-2013, 07:40 PM

You have to play clips with Playmemories Studio. Download demo from the Playstation Store.
post #193 of 279 Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Be aware that - after rendering with the Studio software - the result will not be MVC files as from the TD10, but will be a multistream file (the difference is that the MVC structure has a basefile and a dependend file, but the mutistream file has two base files). The approach here is to playback a multristream file, using the PMB or PMH - what works from a pc too. Beside that this multistream files can be authored with the PMH to a Blu-ray, and can be played back with an AVCHD 2.0/3D capable 3D-Blu-ray player. I think the PS3 is not AVCHD 2.0/3D capable, but I do not know that for sure.

In the end of the day, that is a form of the AVCHD 2.0 workflow that has been described here some time ago: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437294/the-avchd-3d-thread

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #194 of 279 Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 AM

[quote name="Wolfgang S." . I think the PS3 is not AVCHD 2.0/3D capable, but I do not know that for sure.

[/quote]

It turns out our new friend Slaver42 is correct. Kudos for his help.

Let me add a bit to what he said:

You need to download PlayHome Studio and immediately update it to version 2,0 This new version adds the capability to play both raw files from the TD10 and TD10 files edited with Pinnacle Studio 16 and rendered for the PS3.
As Slaver said, connect the external hard drive to the PS3 using a USB cpnnection and then open PlayHome Studio which will recognize the drive as long as it is formatted as FAT32. I had both raw TD10 and Pinnacle edited clips on the drive and PS3 played them all in good quality3D (at least to my eyes)..

I copied the files to a FAT32 formatted thumb drive and PlayHome Studio recognized and played them in 3D.

The only problem is the 2Gig limitation for FAT32 drives..

My next experiment will be to burn the raw and edited clips to a Blu Ray DVD and see if PS3 will play it as 3D.

I also want to render a 3D file from Power Director 11 and see if PlayHome Studio will play it.

I will report what happens.

Marty
post #195 of 279 Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 AM

More testing. I created a 3D video file from TD10 clips using Pinnacle 16 with the PS3 format and put it on a thumb drive The file played equally well on the PS3 with PlayHome Studio and my Sony S780 Blu Ray player. No noticeable judder.Nice end result.

Next I created a video file using similar clips with Power Director 11 and played them on the PS3 and Sony S780 player. The video played well on the S780 player with some judder. It was almost unwatchable on the PS3 with loads of judder. Bear in mind I did not use a PS3 preset as I did with the Pinnacle, so the PS3 test was not fair.

From watching all these clips, I believe the end result using Pinnacle 16 was better with no noticeable judder. As I said above, the Pinnacle video file using a PS3 preset played well on the PS3 and S780.

I have to try the video file on a Blu Ray disk, but that is later. Grandchildren this afternoon.
Marty
post #196 of 279 Old 01-24-2013, 03:07 PM

I burned a Blu Ray DVD from a video file created with Pinnacle 16 using the PS3 preset.

As expected, PS3 did not identify it as a 3D disk and played it in 2D. I opened PlayMemories Studio which did not find the disk. The bottom line for PS3 is that it will play 3D clips with the appropriate format if they are stored either on an external hard drive formatted as FAT32 or a flash drive. The clips must be played using PlayMemories Studio which can be downloaded from the Playsation store.

I played the same Blu Ray disk in my Sony BDP-S780 Blu Ray player and it played flawlessly even though the disk was created using a PS3 preset. I used a motion intensive set of clips and once again noticed no judder.

I am going to experiment more with Pinnacle which seems to create better judder free clips in 3D.

Power Director 11 is a good product but at this time,IMHO, Pinnacle 16 creates a more visually pleasant 3D video file.

Marty
post #197 of 279 Old 01-25-2013, 02:51 PM

Well I am able to create 24p hd 3D universally compliant blu-rays with vegas 12 but there is a little strangeness in motion cadence from actually shooting in 24p. Sony is ridiculous to not have offered native 24p 3D recording on this camera when they themselves are the makers of blu-ray. So you dump your clips and set to full hd 3d on side by side color anaglyphic and then edit and render out to blu-ray with 25mbit 1920 x 1080 24p and it WILL make a compliant 24p 3D blu-ray. Haven't messed with making menus yet. Also not sure which motion blur method is best since it is blurring between some frames it is dropping. In still scenes it was near perfect better than movie studio 3D but in steadicam and moving dolly shots there were some weird motion artifacts from not shooting in 24p originally and converting down from 60p (or i.. not sure what this camera actually is it says full dual 1920 x 1080p 3D .

In any case, I also downloaded the latest software from sony's site (playmotion) and then after updating my firmware on my panasonic dmp-bd220 low and behold I burned and it played a full 3D 60p blu-ray with the exact same quality as coming straight out of the camera.

I want to be able to edit in this 60 frames per second hologram mode and do fades and cuts... so far you can only arrange your clips and burn it to disc. People who watched it on my 14 foot screen with the epson 3020 projector literally had there mouths floored with this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO7P8SOf3dE&hd=1 (this is of course only 30p and heavily youtube compressed) but at 60p it looked like I was really there as a hologram coming out of the screen and the straw poked you in the eye.

I returned the http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/766610-REG/Sony_HXR_NX3D1U_HXR_NX3D1_NXCAM_3D_Compact.html as it is the exact same camera but with an xlr box, and I also returned the td20 which did not have anywhere near the 3d "pop out" effect the td10 can produce when you manually set the 3D.

If anyone can tell me how to edit and make a avcd 2.0 60 p disc other than son'y software (couldn't get vegas 12 to do it - only 24p to blu-ray) I would love to know. Sony is really losing my respect for crippling their hardware just like panasonic did with the GH1 and gh2 camcorders.

- Blackout

Michael Biggins AKA Blackout
actor/writer/director/editor/comedian/ferret wrangler
Blackout's Box Studios - NYC -FLORIDA - LA
877-9-BLACKOUT
http://facebook.com/blackout
http://blackout.com
http://youtube.com/BlackoutsBox
http://youtube.com/TrumpetDinopup
http://blackoutsblog.com
http://vimeo.com/micha...
post #198 of 279 Old 01-25-2013, 11:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

There is no crippling of the TD10. It's 3D native shooting mode is 1080 x 1920 60i MVC format. If you need 24 fps, you can use the pro version of the TD10, the NX3d1u. While this camcorder may look like your TD10 with the exception of the pro audio section and the front lens shade, it really is different inside in the electronics. It lacks digital 5.1 audio and has additional internal storage plus the 24 fps native 3D mode.

Sorry you had trouble shooting negative parallax images a.k.a. "popouts" in 3D with the TD20. It takes some time for some to understand how 3D works and to get the most from their equipment. The TD20 being a smaller interaxial design, is not the best choice for landscapes and longer shots in 3D but it does fine for its design, 3-4 ft minimum and 15 ft maximum for decent 3D. Don't buy a tack hammer to pound railroad spikes. smile.gif

In Vegas Pro you can set the preview monitor to anything you wish but when you select the blu ray burn option of 1080 x1920 24p that is what gets rendered from the camcorder's 1080 x 1920 60i video clips. Doesn't matter what your presets are in the settings, SBS or TB full or half. That is only to determine what your preview monitor is showing. The settings in the "render as" templates or the Blu Ray burn image settings is what determines how your timeline will render.
Blu Ray 60p is an option that is available for 720 x 1280.

I don't use AVCHD 2.0 but last I heard that is 60p for only 2D video. It is not a blu Ray standard.

The only way I know to shoot 1080 60p x 1920 or 1080 24p x 1920 native video for 3D is to set the TD10 to 2D and use two TD10's in a paired configuration like you see in my avatar. But, I have no way to play the 1080 60p in 3D on any of my 3D Tv's. Maybe some new Blu Ray players can play that format from a thumb drive but it is not a blu ray standard. Therefore I normally set the paired TD10's for native 24p or 60i for shooting. Regardless of what I shoot, I render everything to 24p for blu ray compatibility. If you follow the SMPTE guidelines for film production in 24 fps, the motion will be pretty smooth, as good as film at that frame rate. There was a bug in the older Vegas Pro v10 that caused some stutter but Sony fixed that some time ago in an update, 10e I recall. .
post #199 of 279 Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutsBox View Post

If anyone can tell me how to edit and make a avcd 2.0 60 p disc other than son'y software (couldn't get vegas 12 to do it - only 24p to blu-ray) I would love to know. Sony is really losing my respect for crippling their hardware just like panasonic did with the GH1 and gh2 camcorders.

Have a look to the AVCHD 3D thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437294/the-avchd-3d-thread

You can use Edius 6.52 to generate avchd 2.0/3D structures - with an 3D avchd 2.0 capable 3D BD player that can be played back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

I don't use AVCHD 2.0 but last I heard that is 60p for only 2D video. It is not a blu Ray standard.

Don, Yes and No. AVCHD 2.0 was not specified für BD, that is true. Beside that, AVCHD 2.0/3D footage can be burned to BD and be played back with AVCHD 2.0 capable BD-player and can be played back from those players. That works also for 1080 50i/60i s3D footage (but not for 1080 50p/60p s3d footage as far as I know).

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #200 of 279 Old 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Wolfgang-
Thanks, yes, that was my complete understanding on AVCHD. I could not justify the money for the special player so I stick with conventional work flow. i.e. 24p If I learn that we can do 60p in 3D I'll take another look since I can now shoot 1080 60p 3D with 4 of my camera systems. It does generate quite a large project in post, however.

Other topic- I guess you surmised that I figured out the trouble with my FirePro driver for V12. There is still one remaining bug with setting properties to SBS Half for secondary monitor ( the picture tears when playing ) but, setting the output to Line Alternate and the monitor to 2D, the 3D is perfect and the playback is at near full frame rates even for 1080 60p BEST quality full now from the timeline. ( single clip). Rendering is much faster too than v11.
I recall in the beta forum we were told to shut off GPU for stability. I don't need to do that either anymore. Things are working great.
post #201 of 279 Old 01-27-2013, 03:07 AM
AVS Special Member

I have the same situation - my two PAL TD10 are capable to shoot in 1080 50p, what I would prefer to render for 1080 50p for s3D. Unfortunately, that is not possible up to now - at least not if you produce for 3D Blu ray. And I am still not sure if the bandwidth will be high enough for hdmi 1.4 to carry two uncompressed RGB 1080 50p signals to the HDTV.

But I continue to shoot in 1080 50p (when I use the rig), since it allows me to generate every format I am looking for: I can produce 1080 24p but could also do 1080 48p without significant losses due to new calculation of every frame - from the perspective of the acquisition format, simply by stretching the timeline.

Well, if it is a solution to disable cuda, fine.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #202 of 279 Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Hello Don, thanks for your CES news, are are highly appreciated.

About the trouble with your FirePro with SV12, the problem must be specific to your firepro, because it does not exist to SBS with Ati 7950, reads the post 173.
In any way the system improves with the 3x2 revodrive PCIx4 (1250MB/sg).

Information about the AVCHD format: http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html

For me, there is not 1080x60p s3D for the limit on reading speed of BD <30 MB/sec.
This should exploit due to the arrival of the Raiddrives USB3 (more than 170 MB/sec).
for the moment we continue with the formats below possibilities of current technology.

Regards
post #203 of 279 Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

For stereoscopic video, the AVCHD 2.0 standard does NOT foresee 1080 50p/60p. That is foreseen for 2D footage only. Check your own link.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #204 of 279 Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 AM

Hello Wolfgang,

I think there are problems of translation, of course there is not 1080x60p SD3 format.
"For my, this is due to the speed limit BD reading < 30 Mb/s".

I have a question for you: Is there really objetive difference between 24p and 50i ?

Programs that arrived last semester (SV12, Edius 6,52, Pinnacle 16) are impreved the BD3D creating at 1080x24 over the last year 720x50p. enhancing deinterlacing, frame-rate change, is especially good the Edius stabilizer.

So 50i is better?

Alda
post #205 of 279 Old 01-27-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

There is a difference between 50i and 24p. In terms of time resolution and in terms of line resolution. Different people prefer different things. What is "better" will be a question of taste, too.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #206 of 279 Old 01-27-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAT09 View Post

Hello Don, thanks for your CES news, are are highly appreciated.

About the trouble with your FirePro with SV12, the problem must be specific to your firepro, because it does not exist to SBS with Ati 7950, reads the post 173.
In any way the system improves with the 3x2 revodrive PCIx4 (1250MB/sg).

Information about the AVCHD format: http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html

For me, there is not 1080x60p s3D for the limit on reading speed of BD <30 MB/sec.
This should exploit due to the arrival of the Raiddrives USB3 (more than 170 MB/sec).
for the moment we continue with the formats below possibilities of current technology.

Regards

FYI- I'm using a FirePro V8800, not the ATI 7950. Hopefully, they will improve the driver soon. I'll probably see the engineer from AMD at NAB. he was the one along with guys from Sony who recommended this card for Vegas Pro 3D editing.
post #207 of 279 Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

It's late and I haven't browsed this entire thread. I may be adding something here that has been said elsewhere, but just in case this is new...
I bought a TD20 about 10 days ago (thanks to Best Buy for selling the floor model). I've had ups and downs supporting it and I have just one playback device - a 27" widescreen monitor with nVidia's 3D Vision 2. I gave up on PlayMemories Home as I originally had PMB and upgraded and apparently my having had clips from three Sony cams plus other sources completely garbled the PlayMemories installation. I ended up uninstalling it completely.

For 3D playback, I've ended up using Stereoscopic Player. A stripped down version of it is what nVidia distributes as its own video viewer for 3D Vision. For editing, I settled on Corel's VIdeoStudio series a while back, so trying it out was my first instinct. The brand-new X6 version indicated it could handle editing of the Sony MVC format from the TD series, so I downloaded the trial version and started playing with it. As far as I can tell, all the normal Corel editing works fine with my MVC clips. Aside from a number of other output formats (2D and 3D), output to the same format as the original appears to be fully supported and to work just fine so far. This is the most obvious kind of editing for content to do, at least for me. I pull the original video together, edit it, and resave it in the original MVC format. This includes smart rendering as well. After editing a few hours of film MVC to MVC and MVC to normal 2D AVCHD, it looks like you have the freedom to keep working in MVC for as long as you need to do so.

Note that the editing is 2D, at least on my setup. I don't think VS Pro 6 is "aware of" the nVidia 3D hardware. But most of my editing is best done in 2D anyway. If I need to check out what a portion of a clip looks like in the original 3D (MVC), I write that out to file quickly and use Stereoscopic Player to check it out.

Anyway, this may provide some of the editing power and ease of use that others seem to be requesting. / Tom
post #208 of 279 Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 PM

Liked: 11
FWIW the media player in Panasonic smart TV should be able to play 3D AVCHD 2.0 in 3D.

e.g. http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P65ST60?t=specs

Media Player
Support Format AVCHD 3D/Progressive, SD-VIDEO, / MKV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, / MP3/AAC/FLAC/WAV, JPEG/MPO
post #209 of 279 Old 04-09-2013, 03:45 AM

Hi

I've got Canon HG20 US version now, but I'm thinking to buy Sony TD20 (european version) to start my 3D adventure:) would I be able to play 2D videos taken with canon hg20 (highest quality 24Mbps) using sony td20 as a player???, I would copy whole avchd structures to sdhc cards and put it into sony td20,

Thanx in advance
post #210 of 279 Old 05-04-2013, 07:21 PM

I spent the last couple days (finally) trying my hand at editing a years worth of HDR-TD10 3D footage with Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 and Sony PMH. (All in full side-by-side). I realize this may not be the right product to attempt this, but I thought if it can read it, it should be able to write it too, right? Well, no...
Vegas Movie Studio 12 does handle and edit the native 3D MTS files easily, but I found the 3D output and burning capabilities limited.
I wanted to try burning both an AVCHD 2.0 3D (1080 60i) BluRay disc, as well as a standard 3D BluRay (1080 24p or 720 60P) from my edited material using one or both of these programs.
The direct disc burn option in Vegas MS 12 didn't actually burn a disc, and only offered a Sony AVC/MVC (.mp4,.m2ts,.avc) format output, but it did create an 720 60P .iso file on my hard drive, which I was able to burn to a BluRay disc from Windows 7. I haven't tried playing it yet to see if it is in 3D.
The render-only options in Vegas were limited to BluRay 1920x1080 60i and AVCHD 1920x1080 60i, 50i, 24p, and MVC in 720x60p. I tried AVCHD 1080 60i which did create an .m2ts file on my hard drive.
I thought I might be able to burn this file to an AVCHD 2.0 Blu-Ray disc using Sony PMH, but although PMH was able to recognized and play the file (side-by-side), it would not recognize it for BluRay 3D AVCHD 2.0 burning purposes, BUT it would burn it to an AVCHD HD disc with the warning that 3D material would render as 2D..I also tried to load this edited file back onto the TD10, as I thought that might be a viable option for easy playback on 3DTV's, but PMH wouldn't cooperate. I wonder if it was rendered in AVCHD 2.0 if the camera would pick it up and play it. I suspect it would play as side-by-side only.
Is it true that AVCHD is not a 3D-capable BluRay standard and can't be easily turned into a 3D AVCHD 2.0 disc?
And, does anyone know if it is possible to get 3D edited material from any program (other than the very limited PMH/PMB clip functions) in a format that can be loaded back onto and play on the TD10 or similar cameras?I think it uses some proprietary frame packing format which seems to get "unpacked" in editing.
I see that Pinnacle Studio 16 and Edius 6.5.2 are working options for AVCHD 2.0 and Maybe the Pro versions of Vegas too. It looks like I'll be cracking the wallet open (again).
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page