Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 09-09-2011, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi folks,

just writing from Amsterdam´s IBC-Show.
Well, I met important Sony-people there and discussed the MVC-codec-problems with JVC TD1...
I had a very long discussion with the sales director - he gave me his US-phonenumber to keep in touch. I believe him..... I am german.. )

They told me, both Sony TD10 and JVC-TD1-cam was developed, when the MVC-codec was not finally settled. Everything was just too early. So nowadays they are just gambling with the reality.

Asking him about VEGAS 11, which I could see at their main-booth as a beta, he mentioned, that even V.11 does not contain the JVC-MVC-capability....Indeed... very frustrating.
So it´s on JVC now, to keep theier promise for updating the TD1 to AVCHD 2.0 - whatever that means....

Believe me - I will really keep the ball running and will contact the guys after the Amsterdam-Fair.

No good news, but basicly good for making plans in buying cams and software....

See my other report about PANASONIC Z-10000 here...

L.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-09-2011, 01:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Well OK on what is NOT in Vegas Pro 11 ( JVC MVC codec) I don't think that surprises anyone here.

Can you tell us what IS NEW IN Vegas Pro 11?

Did you ask about DVDA v 6? 3D Blu Ray with menus?

How about a template to render 1080 60i for MVC 3D?
(Probably didn't occur to you because you don't own a TD-10.)

Anyway, I'll read between the lines in your post and assume that with the presence of Vegas Pro v11 that it is soon to be here and that is certainly good news.

Thanks for your reporting from IBC.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-09-2011, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

@ DON....

No, I did not ask those other things... DVDA or whatelse - sorry....I simply forgot...
And, of course I have a TD10 as well - this is the one, I am working with now, because I cannot see any future in the TD1-cam. JVC is still sleeping and Peter Wimmer is the winner with his MVC to AVI until they wake up.

My final decission today is very clear:
I will sell all TD1 and get in touch with PANA´s Z-10000 - that´s for very sure... I ordered 1 item today and hope to have it soon.

funny:
PANA was planning this cam as a consumer-item. But after this big success, just from the press relase, they decided to put it to the Pro-line as well. Very interesting....

Furthermore I can tell you, that I will be beta-tester for V.11 soon, as they promised me. Then, of course I will come back answering all your questions....

L.
post #4 of 13 Old 09-10-2011, 02:46 AM

Liked: 11
Sony have posted some info here

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro11

Not very informative. Hoping for

Compiling MVC 1080i50 to m2ts file to play back on TD10
3d blu-ray with menus.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-10-2011, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycheejo View Post

Furthermore I can tell you, that I will be beta-tester for V.11 soon, as they promised me. Then, of course I will come back answering all your questions....

For sure you will not be able to do so - as beta tester you have to sign a NDA, and you are not allowed to say anything. Take care...

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #6 of 13 Old 09-10-2011, 07:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Wolfgang S. - I was pretty sure that was the case with Sony- I've been in several closed beta programs and all were tightly secured. Autodesk was the tightest. You could never ask to be a tester and if you ever were invited and accepted you were not permitted to disclose you were a beta tester until off contract. IBM was the most open, believe it or not but still closed. Microsoft was not a closed program, their beta is open to anyone. I made a decision not to participate in beta programs after the FAST DPR ended. Just took too much time from my paying clients, both doing the reports and getting myself in trouble using tools that were buggy and inconsistent on commercial jobs then the feature gets dropped in the middle of my project and I needed to start over. Ugh! caused me to miss a deadline for air date more than once.
I was more happy to be free of beta tests than I ever was getting into the programs. They cost me too much money.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-10-2011, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

ok - you took all the fun out of me.....

I didn´t know, this is not allowed. I´ve never done Beta-testing before. So I will keep everything for just myself...

Sorry...
L.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-10-2011, 09:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

If you worked for Autodesk, you'd think you worked for the CIA. Enjoy!
post #9 of 13 Old 09-10-2011, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Don L., as betatester for SCS I know how that is handled by Sony.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #10 of 13 Old 09-10-2011, 02:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Wolfgang- Most of the people I know are actual Sony SCS employees not beta testers. The few real beta testers I've met at NAB seem to get the job because of some unique accomplishment in the business. Not asking you how it works, just saying that is the impression I got. That's how I got into the program at Autodesk. I co authored a book on 3D Animation. My part was 3D animation for Broadcast TV and technical requirements.
Many of the testers are at NAB and do presentations. Les Stroud of Survivorman was the most interesting celebrity I have met so far through Sony. His show is edited with Vegas Pro and as I understand was key to the multicamera feature in Vegas. I learned a lot of techniques from him using consumer camcorders since that is what he uses in his show. We got to share what I was doing in Vegas using multicamera broadcast productions with genlocked and time code chase locking work flow. I don't believe he'll ever need what I did but today I am drawing upon much of what I learned from his work flow with 7 consumer cameras not only in post but how he packed all that on his expeditions.
post #11 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 02:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, given that you are in the states and nativ speaker, you have the pleasure to know these guys from face to face. Here in middle of good old Europe, I never had the luck to see them face to face.

Long time ago I was invited by one of their former VPs, Dave H., to participat in their beta testing. He knew only my postings in the scs forum, and saw my willingness to improve the software. And it was sometimes fun to contribute by locating significant errors that the development team was not able to see, sometimes it is work only.

Especially for Europe and Germany I suggested additional tester to them, and they took them onboard. But typically you are selected, not the other way round - is my impression too.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #12 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 08:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Well since you haven't met many Sony people, I won't name drop. Basically they are all a bunch of very nice and helpful people.

Maybe some day maybe they will fly you here for NAB and we'll get to meet. They do that. Last year most were from the states, I suspect budget reasons with the earthquake and all. They and partners also throw a fabulous party.
post #13 of 13 Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

... as I mentioned in the PANASONIC Z10000-thread....

Drag and drop those MTS-files into VEGAS PRO 10e - it works perfect.
Same MVC-codec as SONY TD10....

I am far away form JVC TD1 now.....

L.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page