Vegas 10e wont import 1 particular file from my TD10? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I let a friend borrow my TD10 for a holiday to Florida recently, I have it back with me and want to now create some nice 3d blu's for him and his family to enjoy. Here is whats happening -

I can import all the 94 files with PMB no problem, but when I import to Vegas to create my 3d blu it wont import just 1 of the 94 files, the other 93 it does just fine. I can't work it out, the clip is ok and plays fine on both pc and played back via the TD10 but vegas cant import it and says it cant give me an error message, so odd. The file is about 4.5gb and there are plenty there thats smaller and bigger so I dont think filesize is an issue.

Has anyone else come across this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-13-2011, 01:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I do not know what goes wrong with that file - sounds like something has become corrupted here. So the question is more how to save the content of that file.

Maybe one idea would be to try to use the professional content management tool, what works also with TD10 footage too.

http://www.sony-mea.com/support/down...loadScrollable

What you could try is to import this file from the TD10 (it will work only when you have the file in the memory of the TD10), and then seperate it with the tool in 2 separate streams. If that works, you can try to import both streams in Vegas in two video tracks next - must be organized below. And than try to combine them as paired streams if that works out.

Maybe another could be NOT to use the pmb for the file import to Vegas, but to do the file import either with Vegas only - if you connect the camcorder via usb directly to the PC. Or you use the windows media explorer to copy this files (must be more then one, due to the size) directly via usb to the pc. Maybe you can use the separte parts of the take.

Be aware that if the clip has been trimmed in the TD10, you will loose anyway the 3D effect since Vegas is not able to import camcorder trimmed clips with 3D really.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #3 of 4 Old 10-13-2011, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emporer View Post

I let a friend borrow my TD10 for a holiday to Florida recently, I have it back with me and want to now create some nice 3d blu's for him and his family to enjoy. Here is whats happening -

I can import all the 94 files with PMB no problem, but when I import to Vegas to create my 3d blu it wont import just 1 of the 94 files, the other 93 it does just fine. I can't work it out, the clip is ok and plays fine on both pc and played back via the TD10 but vegas cant import it and says it cant give me an error message, so odd. The file is about 4.5gb and there are plenty there thats smaller and bigger so I dont think filesize is an issue.

Has anyone else come across this?

Try to edit clip in pmb, e.g. shorten it a little. And then import shortened clip in Vegas.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-15-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chang69 View Post

Try to edit clip in pmb, e.g. shorten it a little. And then import shortened clip in Vegas.

That worked perfect, many thanks. I trimmed 1 sec off in PMB and saved the file, took 30 secs and imported into Vegas just fine.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page