CyberLink Power DVD Ultra 11 - PMB burned Bluray 3d - have you gotten it to work? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-16-2011, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I burned a bluray from PMB and and 2 different computers using Power DVD Ultra 11, latest update 2211, the bluray will only play in 2d. The little "3D" box at the bottom is greyed out, not giving me the option to click on it.

I've also tried Cinema mode, all great 2D. CL tech guys want a bunch of detail but won't answer the question, will the ver.2.0 play.

Has anyone been successful in getting a PMB bluray to play on this software?

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-16-2011, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
No success here too.

Maybe the issue is that you do not have a real 3D Blu Ray, but only an BVDA AVCHD 2.0 Structure with some MVC files inside (if you are talking about the PMB 5.8 and TD10 files).

And I would assume that the AVCHD 2.0 strucuture is so brand new, that PowerDVD is not be able to recognize that.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #3 of 5 Old 10-16-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djamesb View Post

I burned a bluray from PMB and and 2 different computers using Power DVD Ultra 11, latest update 2211, the bluray will only play in 2d. The little "3D" box at the bottom is greyed out, not giving me the option to click on it.

I've also tried Cinema mode, all great 2D. CL tech guys want a bunch of detail but won't answer the question, will the ver.2.0 play.

Has anyone been successful in getting a PMB bluray to play on this software?

Thanks,
Dan

I played 2 3D Blu Ray disks created from PMB 5.8 in my Blu Ray drive and they played 3D using Power DVD ultra with the latest update 2211.

Are you sure you put the discs in a Blu ray drive?
post #4 of 5 Old 10-16-2011, 12:38 PM

Whoops. The two disks that played on Power DVD in 3D were created using Power Director 10. The two disks that I created using PMB 5.8 played in 2D on Power DVD Ultra. Strange!
I played those same 2 disks in my Sony S580 Blu Ray player and they did play in 3D. The issue must be with Power DVD Ultra.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-16-2011, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videoguy68 View Post

Whoops. The two disks that played on Power DVD in 3D were created using Power Director 10. The two disks that I created using PMB 5.8 played in 2D on Power DVD Ultra. Strange!
I played those same 2 disks in my Sony S580 Blu Ray player and they did play in 3D. The issue must be with Power DVD Ultra.

Ya, just burned some bluray 3d with PD10. Works great. Seems to be a PMB ver 2.0 issue.

I don't have any bluray players, and doubt I'll get one, I run most my 3d blurays through PowerDirector 11 ultra to an Acer 5360. Fun Stuff!!

Thanks for the info folks,
Dan

P.S. agree with you Wolfgang on the "new" and Power DVD/PMB 2.0 format.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page