post #451 of 564 Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang S. View Post

I do not like a shift in stereoscopic settings, what happens if you use the linear feature. My understanding is that I adjust the settings of the beginning of every event - and then it stays constant in most cases (beside the few cases where there are things like zooms or similar effects). That is why I use that.
For the Z10K you have to use Vegas 11, since the mvc-decoder in V10 is not able to handle 1080 24p in a correct way. But if necessary, I think the library could be transfered to V10 too (but I have not tested that yet).

That's correct from what I do here, but then many of my clips are actually long and include several takes at different zoom ranges so I am pairing once, then go through each clip and setting keyframes for each take. Generally my vertical auto adjust runs from .0004 on full wide to .0150 at full telephoto. The other adjustments vary accordingly as well. Pans don't generally affect the vertical disparity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 564 Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
In my thinking a take will be an event in the timeline - since it is a separte file that was imported, adjusted and paired. But that must not be true. If there are more takes in an event for sure you may have to set different keyframes, and adjust the settings for every take where an important change took place im terms of the stereoscopic parameters.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #453 of 564 Old 06-11-2012, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'm using V11 B683 which is horrible. Won't even stay open, just crashes always when clicking or adding anything to the timeline.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #454 of 564 Old 06-11-2012, 02:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

I average 5 different shots while rolling camera before pausing and this requires a number of keyframes but I feel that is easier than to be dealing with 5 times as many clips to pair but I could be wrong as I have not really compared the two work flow methods. In a couple of cases I even moved the cameras on the slide bench while rolling to change the IA. with so much camera record capacity, Ive gotten real sloppy on conserving "tape" from those old days when shooting betacam SP at a dollar a minute for tape cost. But that was nothing compared to 16mm film costs I did in the 70's

Speaking of which next time I speak to Doug SE I will suggest to him to make a script plugin for Vegas that will pair all clips in a folder with another folder set and then do the 3D stereo adjust. We would just have to make sure the clips in each folder are in the proper order. I already do that now so I don't think that part would be too difficult.

bravia3D- I had the same issue. Crashed every time I went to play the timeline. It got to the point I would make an edit and click on the save button, make another edit click on the save button. Then hit play and bam, crashed! After a half day of that nonsense, I reverted my Vegas back to 595 and have been a happy camper! I can edit all day and no crashing. I even set the Dynamic Ram for 7 Gb with 3 instances of Vegas open and can work for hours and hours with no crashing using build 595. They really screwed something up with 683.
post #455 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Is there a link where I can download the Vegas Pro version before 683? It seemed to work fine, 683 is lousy and crashes always.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #456 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Did you save your 595 .exe download when you upgraded to that last March? It probabl;y was saved to your download folder under Users/"your computer name"/download

Look for Vegaspro11.0.595_64bit.exe or something like that. It is about a 214Mb file size.

If you don't have it, PM me and I'll post it on my server for you.
post #457 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

http://download.sonymediasoftware.com/archive/

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #458 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

http://download.sonymediasoftware.com/archive/

I don't think this has been updated in quite some time. Vegas 5 thru 8 only
post #459 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Nope don't have it sadly since I reformatted, I'll drop you a PM.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #460 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I'm completely bummed about Vegas 11. I followed Sony's instructions meticulously to reinstall the program and it's made no difference. I started with version 595 - nothing but crashes. I upgraded to 683 - nothing but crashes. I thought it might be related to the Matrox codecs I used to convert my TD1 files, so I converted several files again using Cineform (the latest version of Studio Premium and First Light). I used the same process that I've used (and that worked) from the beginning. Same results - crash and burn. I have a trouble report in again, but it took about 3 weeks the first time before they even answered, then it was several days between responses as they asked for additional information before providing me with a solution that didn't work.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Joe Clark

post #461 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Sorry to hear that, Joe. I find 595 the best build yet. You sure have been through hell with that JVC oddball format. At least you can edit with Edius. JVC should give you some compensation for being so loyal. smile.gif

Have you set some windows restore points to fall back on when things go bad on future installs? I've been more diligent with that lately. Last week I was doing a bunch of experimenting with a new cloud software from Google Earth and needed to use test some screen capture to HD video files applications of the Free trial period category.. There are lots of apps out there to do this but found so many of them, all of them, really screwed up my system. System restore saved my good OS at least 7 times. I finally gave up on them and came up with a different plan using some hardware. A couple of them hijacked my home page on Firefox and wouldn't allow me to change it , another planted a root kit on my system. You have to be real careful when putting "junk" on your dedicated Vegas 3D editing computer. At least they were free and I didn't pay money for the screw job. Hookers are cheaper! smile.gif
post #462 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yes, Don, I did Acronis backups at several points along the way as I added software to this new system. I can restore anywhere along that path. I wonder, though, what's causing the problems we've all experienced the last few weeks. I know you and Bravia have experienced very similar issues. I just read your post about the timeline crashing on you when you tried to play it. Same here. After I did the reinstall, though, (following Sony's directions meticulously) I usually don't even get that far. It crashes as soon as I try to import the files, at least if it's more than a few of them. It actually worked great last night when I fed it only 6 clips. I did pan/crop, color correction, and stereo adjust and it was fine. As soon as I tried to add more clips, though, I was back to crashing. I don't think this is related to the JVC files. It's the same workflow I've been using for almost a year. By the time they get to Vegas, they're using Cineform or Matrox codecs. The workflow was rather tedious, but editing was generally very reliable with Vegas 10.

I just can't wait for the release of Edius. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss it until they yanked the public trail in May. I hope it hits on schedule (July). The 3D controls are really good, and the color correction tools are outstanding. I didn't realize how powerful a program it had become since I used it years ago.

As for my "loyalty," not so much. I like to play in lots of different sandboxes. biggrin.gif I bought a Panasonic Z10000 a while back. I'm just waiting for Ken Burgess at Cyclopital3D to finish a new line of accessories for it. I shipped it directly to them, so they could work on them. I've seen some preliminary photos, and I think I'm going to be one very happy camper soon. biggrin.gif They've developed a bigger/badder/wider stereo base extender, closeup and filter adapters (including a pro filter holder), wide angle adapter, and custom hoods. I'm really pumped!!!

Joe Clark

post #463 of 564 Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

You should be able to have both V10 and V11 installed at the same time, just do a custom install to another folder. Actually, I recall I renamed the existing Vegas folder and then installed the new version. You might want to try that. But, I don't think that works for build versions. I never tried to do that. Maybe Wolfgang knows.
post #464 of 564 Old 06-13-2012, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Joe, we have very different findings about the stability of build 595 and 683. For me 683 seems to work better then 595 - the number of crashes have become less. Sorry to hear that is is different for your. The situation with both TD10/20 or Z10K files should be better very likely - I do not see a lot of crashes here with that footage. Maybe one difference is the usage of the Matrox or the Cineform codec, but I do not know that really.

You can hold both Vegas Pro 10 and Vegas Pro 11 on the same machine - even more versions. The versions are installed by the installer in different folders called Vegas 8/9/10/11/12 and so on on your C drive, so there should not be a need to rename folders.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #465 of 564 Old 06-13-2012, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I had 595 installed before and it worked perfect. I then did a reformat and installed Win 7 on my SSD drive and installed 683 which crashed always when dropping files into the timeline.
I just deleted that, installed 595 again and guess what.. DID the same dang thing 683 was doing now.. Installed 511 with same results, what gives? Installed 10 and it works fine...mad.gif I am really upset right now over it.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #466 of 564 Old 06-13-2012, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Update, I wiped my iMAC totally and reinstalled Lion OS and Windows 7 Ultimate. I then installed Vegas 595 and it works perfectly, I will keep using it and never install 683 again. I am thinking 683 installs something in the registry so even when you delete it and install an older version of 11 you will have problems.eek.gif

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #467 of 564 Old 06-13-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

bravia3D- Sorry it didn't work the first go around. But glad you finally got it going. I forgot you were also on an imac but I don't think that was your problem. I do believe there is something wrong with 683 that the beta testers missed. Reading the bug fix list 683 fixes was not worth the trouble it generated for many. It didn't even fix my reported bug for pasting paired clips.

As a report, mostly for Wolfgang, when I did my upgrade to b683 it was on a C drive that was my SSD. When it didn't work, crashed all the time and I decided to revert back to 595, I also started all over with a fresh reformat of the win7 Pro OS. But I didn't install it from scratch. Instead, I had my original hard drive with 595 on it that worked perfectly so I cloned that drive using Acronis cloning kit to the Vertex 3 SSD. That is what I am using now. I have the vertex 4 256Gb drive for the media files and my work drive. In summary- my C drive is clean of any remnants of b683 as it was never exposed to b683.

My new SOP is to keep that old hard drive as my safe backup in case things begin to act funny and I can't use system restore to fix it. Last week I was testing several free trial apps to do video screen captures and all of them created stability problems with windows and vegas b595. Even had one that planted a root kit and I needed a root kit cleaning software to fix that.. Another that generated a DNS hijack. When you fool around in the red light zone, you are bound to get an STD even when using a condom. I used system restore each time to revert back to when I cloned the drive and that worked this time.

I really believe that people who experiment blindly trusting freeware and different sources apps, are at much higher risk of instability than those who stick to basic functions on their computer. Joe Clark has had repeated problems with many apps as he uses unsupported experimental work flows to cater to his JVC camera. I believe that is your case too, bravia. While it would be nice if everything just cooperated, in the real world we have to recognize that that is too much to ask. If you need reliability, keep it simple. The more complex your work flow, the greater your risks for instability are.
post #468 of 564 Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I agree, Don, that everyone should keep the workflow as simple as possible, and the computer as uncluttered, for video editing. As I've added software to this new system of mine, I've tried to do that. It's not loaded down with a lot of silly extras - just what I need to get work done. Of course, my needs are different because of the JVC files, but even you are using Build 595 because you're having similar (nearly identical) issues as us JVC owners with Build 683. And when Vegas 10 works better than Vegas 11, it's not too much of a stretch to suspect that the Sony software is a big part of the problem. I've been editing just fine with my workflow for about a year. I don't consider anything I've done to be "experimental catering to my JVC." Even the ridiculously incomplete Edius 3D software (which was barely an "alpha" when we were using it) was more stable than Vegas 11 for many of us.

Joe Clark

post #469 of 564 Old 06-13-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Vegas had undergone some major changes at certain versions. I recall 3 was one and I believe 6 was another. 10 was another. Since, we have had nothing but code add-ons and patches. So, this in and of itself can cause issues. why b684 was bad for me and many others yet works fine for some is beyond me and apparently SCS too. At least we are permitted to revert back when this happens. Before 3D days I was still at version 8. I skipped v7 and v9. As far as V10 and 3D goes, I'm not ready to say V10 was better. For me it had many problems as we got loaded up with 3D features. V11 seemed to fox most of those and then I made a major upgrade to my hardware and OS. So while V10 may have had some issues for me, that was on a slower computer with Q9300 and Vista 64 OS.
post #470 of 564 Old 06-13-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm just glad I got 595 working and moving quite fast. But I will be happy to get Edius when it comes out, I loved that software.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #471 of 564 Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I've been working in Vegas all night. Using version 595, I've been able to get pretty far along in a project. I've found that if I import only one clip at a time, Vegas 11 doesn't crash nearly as often. It's a major pain, but it seems to work. I'm still saving after every few actions, just to play it safe, and saving under a different project name every five minutes or so. That way, if the main file becomes corrupt, the most I've lost is the last few minutes. Unfortunately, about 4 minutes into the project, crashes are becoming more frequent. But I don't plan to go much past that point, so I may just get this thing finished.

I'm working on my secondary editing system (an Intel 2600k with hard drives in RAID0 as the editing drives), but I'll be going back to the main one (all SSDs) to see if I can coax it to give me some usable results.

The project I'm working on is basically a before and after video about the Cyclopital3D stereo base extender. I posted a few shots when I first got mine, but the samples didn't do the device justice. Last week, I shot several sequences specifically designed to show what an SBE can do. Vegas problems have prevented me from editing until tonight. I've been using the NewBlue Titler Pro plug-in that came with my upgrade to Vegas 11. I like it.

I have a stereo m2ts file (side by side AVCHD) rendering now. I need to do color and convergence corrections tomorrow, but I thought I'd play it safe and try to get what I did tonight rendered before things go all wonky on me. smile.gif I'll post a link to the final video if I can complete it.

Joe Clark

post #472 of 564 Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You could save diffferent versions of the project, like name_V1, name_V2 and so on. That gives you more security that you can go back if required.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #473 of 564 Old 06-14-2012, 11:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You could save diffferent versions of the project, like name_V1, name_V2 and so on. That gives you more security that you can go back if required.

That's what I do. I don't trust auto save to bail me out if the main file becomes corrupt. I have a couple of dozen project files at various stages that I'll delete later.

I finished the bulk of the project tonight. Vegas still crashes randomly, but it felt good finally to be able to get some work done. The key is to import assets only a few at a time, and to save VERY often. Fortunately, it seldom crashes when I'm doing tedious scaling and convergence corrections. That would drive me nuts.

Joe Clark

post #474 of 564 Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Very nice video on the cyclopital3D SBE. Hope they honor your effort by putting it up on their web site. It should sell many SBE accessories for them. Very convincing comparisons.

Speaking of auto save, is there a way to adjust the frequency of auto save? I haven't had the time to look for it in preferences. But for similar reasons, I would like to set mine to save every 30 seconds or so while editing.
post #475 of 564 Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks, Don. I think they'll use it.

I believe you can set both frequency and max number of auto saves in Vegas, but it's been a while since I dug around in that section. In Premiere, I had some bad experiences with auto save. The problem can be that if the max number of auto saves exceeds the point at which your project file becomes corrupted, they're all bad. Sometimes you don't know until it's too late. That's why I save under a different name every few minutes if the edior is acting flaky. I can almost always get back to a good project file.

Joe Clark

post #476 of 564 Old 06-15-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

I must be blind because I can't find the location for that adjustment. Can't even find it in the help files.

I use multiple file names too but only after completing a major chapter in the project.
post #477 of 564 Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry about that, Don, I must have been thinking about Edius or PowerDirector. I can't find it in Vegas, either. I guess I just assumed it had one, since many editors do. I used it I don't know how many times for students who had "lost" their Premiere projects, but I learned to be wary of relying on it because I got burned. It can be handy, though. I told students about it, but they usually forgot. They'd come to me in panic, but we'd often find a good version sitting in their project folder. I still remember that look of relief that washed over them when they discovered they hadn't lost all their work. biggrin.gif

Joe Clark

post #478 of 564 Old 06-17-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Has anyone experienced the following problem before?

Vegas' timeline indicates to me that wav file I inserted ends just as the last shot of my video fades out. Fine. That's the way it's been in every previous versions of the edit that I did. However, after making some final tweaks, when I render the video to a side by side m2ts file, the audio always ends a few seconds earlier than it should, before the fadeout. What??? The first couple of times I rendered it, I thought I had made a mistake. After 4 attempts, I know it's not me. The weird part is that when I import the m2ts file into Vegas, the audio appears to end right where it should. Neither Windows Media Player nor PowerDVD 12 agrees. Both of them end the music at least 3 seconds early. Add this to the list of flaky Vegas behavior.

Make no mistake. Vegas 11 is flaky. At one point, I started getting a weird effect where the playback would go all wonky. Half the screen would be lighter, and with different 3D "depth" from one side to the other. I reverted back to a previous saved version and that part was fixed, but I never could get back to a previous good save where the audio was right. It must have happened and I had no way of knowing because it appeared to play OK from the timeline. It still sounds fine from the timeline, but never in the final render.

Crippled!!! mad.gif

Joe Clark

post #479 of 564 Old 06-17-2012, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Speaking of auto save, is there a way to adjust the frequency of auto save? I haven't had the time to look for it in preferences. But for similar reasons, I would like to set mine to save every 30 seconds or so while editing.

There is a way how one can adjust that - but please be warned. It works about the socalled internal preferences, what is something that should be handled with care really - since you can change here adjustments that are not foreseen for the user really. So take care that you do not change here things that should not be touched really.

You go to Options, then you hold both "SHIFT" and "CTRL" (STRG), and click to Preferences. You see now an additional header - "internal".

In "show only prefs containing" you put in the word "save" - and see "msAutoSaveInterval", what is set to 300.000 ms. So Vegas autosave every 5 minutes the project.

You can try to change that if you want - I have not found the time to check how fine that works.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #480 of 564 Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone know of a way to completely purge a computer of all references of Sony Vegas Pro 11?
I tried removing every reference I could find and when I reinstall it, it seems to remember all the settings including the non functioning Stereoscopic Plugin.eek.gif

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page