Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 564 Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 145
bravia3D-

Can you list your current work flow and remind us what computer you are using. Start with the JVC MVC file you shot. List your project properties and your render video settings. Maybe wolfgang or I can see something that is hiding from you. Also how much RAM are you keeping in reserve for dynamic previews. I keep zero until I need it. Finally, where do you store your vegas render temp files and how much hard drive space do you have? Have you tried to render just video TBF and shutting off audio? Can you render the PCM wav file as a separate render?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 564 Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

Sadly the new update also crashes.. Only crashes when rendering a TB file.

However, it's alright because when I import files into PD10, they have a horrible flicker which is annoying. Using Vegas making a 3DBD iso I get a flawless looking video with no flicker. I wanted menus, but oh well.. Quality comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

No flicker at all. It is completely film like. (not video like) as far as motion smoothness.

As Don's flow used TB to export from SVP11 to PD10, I am interested in what Don is doing differently to not crash while Don renders TB file output from SVP11.

Said another way. Don does this flow and does not crash in SVP11. What's different? Can bravia3d get this working? Is there something particular in what bravia3d is doing that is different or extra that is causing the crash?

Any clues on that Don?

Note: Apparently, I was writing this post while Don was writing his post above

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
post #213 of 564 Old 03-04-2012, 12:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Richard, some nights your writing style reads like a narrator's script for a mystery TV show?

Anyway, hopefully bravia3D will update us but his platform is quite different although I don't believe that is the source of his crashing. He uses an imac with some version of windows loaded. I don't recall which version and whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit Vegas.
I don't know how the ram is allocated or available HDD space for temp files. This has been a source for much system crashing by other users. While Macs aren't specifically supported by Sony many have had good success running Vegas on them over the years including myself. As of last week I gave my Macbook Pro to my son in law so I no longer have a Mac.
The other area that is different is bravia3D has to convert his JVC MVC format file to a version using other software that will load in Vegas timeline. There are several work flows now to do this.

I use two platforms and both are quite stable. 1st is a Vista 64bit running on a Q9300 quad core with 8GB of Ram and an old nvidia 8800GT graphics card. 2nd system is what I mainly use for 3D work now. It is an i7-950 with 12 Gb Ram on win7 Pro 64 bit. Video card is a HD Radeon 6800. I allocate zero Ram for dynamic previews until I need to use that function. I load my temp files on the C drive because I have over a Tb of capacity on that drive. The E drive is my work drive consists of 2 2Tb 7200 RPM drives in Raid zero. Right now I have 2.4 TB of free space on that drive.
post #214 of 564 Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Sony vegas pro 11 satisfactorily render 3D video and power director 10 allows 3D authoring, anyone know any output 3d video format of SV11 to import in by PD10?
post #215 of 564 Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAT09 View Post

Sony vegas pro 11 satisfactorily render 3D video and power director 10 allows 3D authoring, anyone know any output 3d video format of SV11 to import in by PD10?

Please consider Don Landis' flow at the link below.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post21685186

Don uses a dual view Full HD Top Bottom export for Video from SVP11 to PD10, which is not a playback format.

Richard Adams
post #216 of 564 Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM

Richard, thanks for your answer, but, the "Main Concept AVC - custom template" does not support 50p or 60p that are the more smooth formats with your camcorder is the sony TD10.
The exchange format must be some m2ts or MVC (mp4) but these last do not work with the normal setting.
I will continue looking
Octavio
post #217 of 564 Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You will not be successfull with both the Sony AVC/MVC encoder, since this encoder supports 2K only. That is the reason why we decided to use the Mainconcept AVC encoder, because here the settings go beyond 2K. If that does not support 50p/60p at the moment, they must have changed something in the actual build.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #218 of 564 Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAT09 View Post

Richard, thanks for your answer, but, the "Main Concept AVC - custom template" does not support 50p or 60p that are the more smooth formats with your camcorder is the sony TD10.
The exchange format must be some m2ts or MVC (mp4) but these last do not work with the normal setting.
I will continue looking
Octavio

The 50p / 60p are 2D modes for the TD10, while 3D produced by the TD10 is always 1080i60-3D (USA version). This is per the AVCHD 2.0 spec at 1920 x 1080 interleaved 60 fields, 30 frames, 2 views encoded with MVC encoder. The flow referred to is for 3D. The intermediate step top / bottom output format is 23.976p in that flow.

Richard Adams
post #219 of 564 Old 03-06-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Sorry for a late reply, I am using the exact settings Don showed on a previous post. My PC is an iMac running Windows 7 64bit 1tb HD with plenty of room and 4gb's of RAM.
I used to be able to render this way with no problems. Now always it crashes no matter what. I can render a 3DBD iso with no problems, but trying to render SBS or TB fails after 1% always and crashes.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #220 of 564 Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

Sorry for a late reply, I am using the exact settings Don showed on a previous post. My PC is an iMac running Windows 7 64bit 1tb HD with plenty of room and 4gb's of RAM.
I used to be able to render this way with no problems. Now always it crashes no matter what. I can render a 3DBD iso with no problems, but trying to render SBS or TB fails after 1% always and crashes.

In an educated guess, make sure to terminate every process that may be using RAM prior to running Vegas. This includes terminating antivirus for example. Close all communication, web browsers and email, etc.

I've found that as time goes on,from month to month, the RAM size consumed by processes grows. Programs previously installed can gobble up more RAM then they used to take, because of updates. This could be an explanation of why Vegas is now crashing, when it used to run okay.

If RAM usage turns out to make a difference, expand the 4GB to 8GB. If that's DDR3, it's fairly inexpensive these days.

Richard Adams
post #221 of 564 Old 03-07-2012, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll give it a shot, usually I have all other things closed.

However, I think I'm just gonna stick to rendering a BD3D iso with Vegas. I have found PD10 flickers to much and is quite annoying.

**Update, using Vegas I made a 3D iso and watched it, many scenes looked great while a few suffered from a horrible flickering. These scenes show no flicker on the JVC cam and looked beautiful before. I do not understand why some look perfect while a few flicker?!**

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #222 of 564 Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

bravia3D Reading your answer to remind me of your equipment, the 4gb Ram raised a huge red flag here. I use 12Gb and still shut down other Ram reserving settings like Dynamic Ram. Mine is always at zero until I need to use it. I also reboot my system before beginning a long render. I agree with what Richard said 100%.

I recently completed 2 programs in PD10 using the Vegas-TB Full but at 23.976 FPS and 24.000 FPS and the video is flicker free. Smooth as commercial 3DBD. Since you are having issues, I take it you are importing your JVC content into PD10 direct. This is probably our biggest difference. I won't be much help but maybe Joe Clark can offer some suggestions.
post #223 of 564 Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Don, strange thing is though that before I never had problems. Everything ran smooth and worked great.

I convert my JVC files in Edius then import to Vegas.

Tonight after my work, I'll take screen shots and write down my full work flow.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #224 of 564 Old 03-08-2012, 02:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

You were doing this before Edius was out. What did you use before Edius? I remember when you were trying to convince your wife to let you buy the iMac, back when your renderings were running a week long on your laptop. Regardless of how you did it, I feel your first move should be more ram, 8GB minimum. Nobody I know uses 64 bit Vegas with 4GB Ram. You remember Tom? He was using a Mac and I recall he had 24Gb of ram.
post #225 of 564 Old 03-08-2012, 04:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Well good news, I got the flicker problem fixed. The flicker was due to high parallax on a few scenes. When I used Edius to convert my JVC MVC files, I also adjusted the parallax adding more pop or depth. It seems Vegas didn't like this on a few clips and this caused the flicker. I took those same files, went back into Edius and lowered the parallax, then stuck them back in Vegas and BING it worked and NO flicker!

Now as mentioned the other problem is rendering to a TB full file so I can import into PD10. I'm gonna have to buy some more RAM and give it a shot. Don, I agree I need more than 4, it's kinda low for 64bit Windows 7.

Oh and before I was using SBS half.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #226 of 564 Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Oh and before I was using SBS half.

Well that does make a pretty big difference. SBS Half is like a 2D single frame. TBFULL is like two 2D frames. 2 times the image data.

BTW- there is a reason why I use TB Full as opposed to SBS Full. Originally, I tried to use SBS full and the rendering was full of black streaks and large chunks of image data misplaced. I could never get it to work. That was back in the V10 days. I have not revisited the SBS Full rendering since confirming perfection with TB Full. I don't see any advantage of one over the other, just a curiosity if the problems I had in SBS Full have been fixed.

You could have readjusted the parallax in Vegas too.

IMO, if too little memory is your problem, I don't understand why Vegas didn't just page to the hard drive. Would have been much slower rendering but should not have crashed without warning. Maybe Wolfgang can offer some explanation on that. Maybe that is a Mac issue limitation.
post #227 of 564 Old 03-08-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here I have no explaination too.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #228 of 564 Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes it's a very big difference, I use TB full in Vegas because like you I had a problem with SBS full. Often it would mess up and look blurry. TB full looks great and usually don't give me problems.

Yes, I could have adjusted the parallax in Vegas, and at first I tried this but the result was the same for some reason. So when I went back and did it in Edius it worked with no flicker. So far I am getting smooth non flicker video that looks great so I'm happy

I been busy checking other files I converted for flicker, if it's there I fix them and they seem to work fine.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #229 of 564 Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM

3dBd authoring from TD10
Thanks to your advice I got to do 3dBd authoring from TD10 recordings.
The workflow is> with SV10 (SV11 has your AVC encoder castrated (for the 50p_60p ) )
3D edition (one video track only). At the moment the smoother output format is the 1280x50-60p> render as MainConcept AVC / AAC 1280x1440x50p.
later with PD10 import configuring 3D setting up / down, one proyect for mp4 movie then you can assign each project to each scene.
Octavio
post #230 of 564 Old 03-10-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I need some help with Movie Studio 11 Platinum, gents.

I'm trying to correct slight brightness differences between a pair of L and R clips. I must have unintentionally nudged an exposure setting on one of the cameras mid-way through my shoot.

I've read in Vegas 10 Pro there are 2 checkboxes per video filter on the event FX chain, one for L and one for R, allowing you to apply filters to the separate streams. But in Movie Studio 11 there's only 1 checkbox.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #231 of 564 Old 03-10-2012, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That is right - with Vegas pro you have 2 checkboxes. Means, that you can apply a filter two times, and then adjust the left and the right stream in a separate way. With VMS that is not possible.

Maybe - what you could try to do is to correct one of the separate streams before your pair the two streams. Put them in two tracks below, and make the adjustment (you can switch between the two streams to see how good the adjustment is).

As a second step - maybe you have to render the corrected stream (I am not sure if that is necessary really, but maybe you loose the correction if you pair two streams where one has an individual adjustment).

Reimport the rendered stream and pair that with the other stream.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #232 of 564 Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks! Well, I guess I've got work to do resyncing and re-pairing.

Is there a way to auto sync the L and R clips via peaks in the audio tracks? Or am I thinking of some other software? Oh, I might have seen it in Youtube's noob-friendly 3D editor.

My Videos

post #233 of 564 Old 03-11-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang S. View Post

That is right - with Vegas pro you have 2 checkboxes. Means, that you can apply a filter two times, and then adjust the left and the right stream in a separate way. With VMS that is not possible.

Maybe - what you could try to do is to correct one of the separate streams before your pair the two streams. Put them in two tracks below, and make the adjustment (you can switch between the two streams to see how good the adjustment is).

As a second step - maybe you have to render the corrected stream (I am not sure if that is necessary really, but maybe you loose the correction if you pair two streams where one has an individual adjustment).

Reimport the rendered stream and pair that with the other stream.

Hope it helps.

Unfortunately the bolded is true.

My Videos

post #234 of 564 Old 03-11-2012, 08:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

You should select the corrected clip with effect and render it to a subclip, put back on the timeline, disable the original one with the effect and then pair.
post #235 of 564 Old 03-11-2012, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Doesn't work, thanks though. I'll just have to render it fully.

My Videos

post #236 of 564 Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

Doesn't work, thanks though. I'll just have to render it fully.

Strange!?!?
Always works for me. I've even removed a lens flare from one of the cams. That was a frame by frame photoshop retouch. Maybe you didn't understand the work flow.
post #237 of 564 Old 03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Sony announced a special discount on many of it's SCS professional products, including Vegas Pro v11 20% off on new licenses and 30% off on upgrades. Deal good until March 31, 2012.
post #238 of 564 Old 03-15-2012, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Strange!?!?
Always works for me. I've even removed a lens flare from one of the cams. That was a frame by frame photoshop retouch. Maybe you didn't understand the work flow.

I had a left and right video, one that needed to be adjusted for brightness/contrast. I applied the desired amount of tweaking, then right clicked the clip and created a subclip. I deleted the original clip from the timeline and added the new subclip that showed up in the media explorer.

Do you have Movie Studio or Pro? I mentioned earlier I only have Movie Studio, so maybe that's the reason.

My Videos

post #239 of 564 Old 03-16-2012, 09:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

My work flow is a bit different. With both left and right videos, one above the other, I do the correction to one of them ( two if necessary) then I select only that timeline, disabling everything else! Then I go to Tools / render to new track. It is an mxf file and render. The new clip will show up on a new timeline. Disable or delete the original. Now go to properties and turn on stereoscopic mode, anaglyph-SBShalf or whatever and pair with the other clip. If you need to make corrections to both left and right clips you'll need to create two mxf files for pairing. This requires doing the process twice.

I don't have the movie studio installed anymore but I'm sure this is available in that version too.
post #240 of 564 Old 03-16-2012, 10:37 PM

We the the latest update I am able to burn 3D bluray directly from Vegas again.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page