The Official VEFXi 3D-Bee Owners' Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 291 Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the bee and mono price. seems to me you have a defective mono price. first you say theres no 3d effect then you say its so so?????? then you say its better than the monoprice which would have to have less than 3d meaning more 1 dimentional which is not posssible. I have both and the monoprice has better 3d in frame sequentail I tested both using the finger test the mono price had 1.4 feet of popout the bee caused eyestrain and focus issues resulting in 0 popout. I personally prefer pying 95 bucks for something that actually converts 2d to 3d better than my lgs set. vs something that simply causes eyestrain and no 3d effect.

warning

DO NOT BUY THE BEE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 291 Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
VEFXi is having a sale tomorrow only March 5th on their 3D-Bee Diamond $200 off ($299.) http://www.3d-bee.com/blog/3d-news-3d-bee-diamond-sale-only-299/ I'm still on the fence here....and haven't yet been convinced that the cost justifies the capability and improvement over the less expensive units like the Monoprice Creator. I guess I'm still awaiting the 3D 'uncanny valley' to be crossed where cost-effective 3rd party conversion products come close to native 3D. So far seems like only the Terranex 3D solution meets that requirement...yet is still cost prohibitive.

Derek
post #273 of 291 Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM

ok I bought the 3d-bee diamond.

if you have any questions like is it good ect the answer will be its 3d and looks awesome but it does not popout objects but will give you the best 3d effect available from 2d sources. my rating is 95/100

5 points from perfection because it only does sbs no true popout and frame sequential does not work on my tv. text looks lightly funky but out of 100 is defintelty a 95.

now it's complete I have tried out every converter and instead of returning it like the others im keeping this one as it is the only converter that gives the layered 3d effect. i don;t know how they did it but they did do it.

price is steep but the way I see it is. 3d movies cost a fortune and using this device will prevent you from buying 3d movies as the 3d effect is a much nicer effect then native 3d minus the lack of popout.

I have a lm6200 55n tv if anyone knows how to get framesequential working please let me know
post #274 of 291 Old 04-08-2013, 12:49 AM

Just got my 3D-Bee Diamond today and getting no signal on both my 3D devices

Tried:
HTPC - > Bee -> Optoma HD33
Xbox 360 -> Bee -> Optoma HD33
Laptop -> Bee -> Optoma HD33
Raspberry Pi -> Bee -> Samsung PS50C7000

I've tried multiple HDMI 1.4 cables of varying lengths (most 1.5m+)
I'm using the device order specified in the manual, does anyone have a better recommendation?
The TV and the projector see that something is connected but can't get a signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #275 of 291 Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 AM

So I've posted about the 3D Bee a few years ago when I got it, I think in 2011. Anyways here's some new info on it:

At that time I was using it on a Mits 73" using Monster Vision and had everythign hooked up through it, PS3, XBOX360, etc.
And recently I installed the last available Mist 92" that has it's own 2D - 3D built in.
And have a Denon that has 2 HDMI outs. Everything feeds into the Denon, PS3, XBOX, DVD player, Sat cable, etc going out HDMI 1 to the Mits HDMI 1 intput. On the Denon HDMI 2 going to the 3D Bee to Mits HDMI 2 input.
This way I have control of what goes where since native 3D blu rays won't pass through using the 3D Bee and I've always had to physically reconnect the cables to by pass it.

So... For the last few months I've been watching movies using the Mits built in 3d conversion and it's well.. okay, not really anything to shine or give you the 3D effect. Although at first I thought it was awesome and this is cool. no turning on the 3D, hitting the source button everytime I turned it on because of the initial disclaimer.. So last week I decided to use the 3D Bee to see if there was a difference and worth it.

The VERDICT?

YES!!! a HUGE IN YOUR FACE difference. I got so use to the TV built in 3D converter that I had no idea how much better and different the 3D Bee is. It is by far clearer, sharper, more 3D like image and visuals by far.

I have the 3D Bee trainer model, seems like - - Z works best for all materials.
post #276 of 291 Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 AM

Liked: 11
How does this device compare to the 2d-3d convertor on my high end LG smart LED 3dTV? Can I use both my TV's conversion mode and your 3D Bee at the same time for more depth and control tweaking?
post #277 of 291 Old 06-13-2013, 05:16 PM

Let me ask you this... Can the 3d bee diamond function in 2d mode as well? does it double in function as a HDMI port extender/Spliter? I see tons of inputs... Is this right?
post #278 of 291 Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM

Have you guys (OWNERS) compared your 3d bee diamond to the competition Kanex Pro CubeUp 4X1 : 2d-3d convertor? The Kanex Pro is from 2011 and retails for less around 300-400 dollars when your diamond normal sells for $500. The Kanex also supports pass thru operations and an upscaler... but with 6ms video delay so its not good for gaming. The Kanex Pro also has Top And Bottom, and Framepacking 3d formats. The extra formats are good but If the 3d bee diamond has better 3d and new tech since the Kanex's older 2011 tech... I might buy a diamond.
post #279 of 291 Old 06-14-2013, 01:45 PM

I had bought a Kanex Pro Cube up from hdwise.com for 129 US Dollar this year, I think it was a sellout product.

For this price it was a good deal even though there were some hardware problemes because the buttons on the box did not have a good building quality.
The 6ms lag was noticable by using a media player.

I only could compare the quality of the kanex pro cubeup with LG cinema 3D conversion, and in my eyes the 3D effect was on the LG TV much stronger.

But i have to say that the conversation quality was much better than Mystique 3D Converter, LG Bluray Player LG BP730 3D and Panasonic Bluray Player BDT 235

Perhaps the 3D from 3D bee is better, because some users said, that the quality is on the same level then the LG 3d conversation 2012/2013.

But I won't by a 3D-Bee. Why?

In my opinion VEFXi is not a very reliable company because

- they claim, that the 3D Bee has the very best 3D conversation quality, but every cheap LG 3D TV from 2012 or 2013 has the same quality.
- the demo clips are terrible, i don't like the quality, why don't they show some real scenes in 3D? There is no possibility to estimate the conversation power, you have to rely on very different
user statements in online tests .
- the price is much to high, why the hell is the normal price 499 Dollar ? How can they be able to reduce the price sometimes over 40 percent to 299 Dollar? I think they have a very high profit margin
and the production costs are lower than 100 Dollar.

I'm waiting very much for the release of the new 3D Converter from Gene Dolgoff, 3-D Vision's Instant 3-D Converter™, (you can find informations in avs forum/ youtube)
Probably it will be released ths year.

https://www.fundable.com/3-dvision‎

I'm sure that the conversation quality will be much better than the 3D-Bee and the price of the 3D-Bee will be droped very much to 99 or 199 Dollar, because they have no chance to compete.
post #280 of 291 Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM

Because there are no replys for the 3D-Bee: Gene Dolgoffs new 3D converter project is online at kickstarter.com

thttp://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1991665813/instant-3-d-your-games-in-real-3-d-on-your-2-d-and?ref=live
post #281 of 291 Old 07-13-2013, 03:29 PM

Thought I would chime in. Just got the used trainer model I won off ebay for $80 shipped. Running to my 3dxl to my 3d ready dlp link projector.

Like most on this thread. I prefer the z- or z-- mode. The other modes just cause eye strain or just don't sit well with me. I also didn't get hardly any pop out running through the different modes on my setup. Depth into the screen is very good, but if your looking for pop out I'd check elsewhere.

For $80 I can't complain....but if I spent the asking price for this, I would have been disappointed.
post #282 of 291 Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I have been using Cyberlink PowerDVD for 2D to 3D conversion for several years now. I have always been impressed with it, and having recently upgraded to PowerDVD 13 Ultra, I can only say that the conversion just keeps getting better and better. I am extremely pleased.

I find the idea of a hardware approach to 2D to 3D conversion much less appealing than a software approach. I'd rather spend fifty bucks a year to get the latest PowerDVD version than spend $200-$500 whenever VEFXi announces a new Bee that (they'll say) is much better than anything they've previously marketed. But I admit that I haven't had the opportunity to compare.

Does anybody have an opinion on how the 3D- Bee Diamond compares to the latest PowerDVD 13 Ultra?
post #283 of 291 Old 11-16-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I just tried 2D to 3D conversion using PowerDVD 13 Ultra and I was somewhat shocked at how good it was. I saw some anomalies; however, for the most part it produced a very convincing 3D image from 2D material. IMO this is a substantial improvement over the Samsung 2D to 3D conversion. I suspect this real time conversion will continue to improve until we have the very real option of watching everything in convincing 3D, most of which will be converted from 2D. Never say never.
post #284 of 291 Old 01-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I posted in the main 3D Forum asking about the current state of 2D to 3D video converters to use with our Sharp XV-Z30000 front projector.
From responses (and lack there of) it seems that this video voodoo is still a "work in progress" but improving all the time.
From the responses and further reading here, it seems like the 3D-Bee Diamond might be worth a try for HD sports...
I have a couple of questions:
In this thread, people are having difficulty getting the Bee to play nicely with a Darbee. I had difficulty getting the Darbee to work consistently with our current set up (do to the device itself and HDMI issues). I've finally got it working well (most of the time) and I like the effect. I would be unwilling to give that up to get the 3D-Bee in the chain...has anyone solved the problem of getting the two devices to work well together?
Also, is there a "passthrough" mode on the Bee? I would like to just be able to switch it in for sports, but adding another HDMI switch in the chain is probably not a great idea...
Thanks
post #285 of 291 Old 02-20-2014, 07:32 AM

I had bought a 42" LG LA6200 and true 3D content was phenomenal and the 2D to 3D conversion was also pretty good but regular 2D quality picture, colors, blacks looked washed out so I returned the TV.

I replaced the LG with a Vizio E420d and the blacks, picture quality, colors are great on this TV. The true 3D content looks good on it but it does have some ghosting which the LG didn't have with the same content played. My problem now is the Vizio does not do 2D to 3D conversion so I need some kind of external player.

I was looking at the OPPO BDP-103D which has 2 HDMI inputs that up-scales those sources with Darbee. Does anyone know if it does 2D to 3D conversion on those sources and also content off a USB stick? How does the OPPO 2D to 3D conversion compare to the 3D-Bee Diamond?

If the Oppo is not the answer is the Bee the best somewhat affordable option for the best 2D to 3D conversion? The only negative of the Bee for me is that my Onkyo receiver does not pass-threw 3D so optical is needed and it only has 2.
post #286 of 291 Old 02-22-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvman23 View Post

I was looking at the OPPO BDP-103D which has 2 HDMI inputs that up-scales those sources with Darbee. Does anyone know if it does 2D to 3D conversion on those sources and also content off a USB stick? How does the OPPO 2D to 3D conversion compare to the 3D-Bee Diamond?

I don't have a 3D-Bee Diamond, but I can vouch for the quality of the OPPO 2D to 3D conversion, which I would rate close to but not quite as good as the PowerDVD 13 Ultra conversion. That is probably because PowerDVD 13 Ultra has adjustable settings that allow for more aggressive 3D. I use my OPPO to convert over-the-air broadcast TV from 2D to 3D via one of the two HDMI inputs. I don't know about conversion via USB stick input. I'll see if I can test that soon.
post #287 of 291 Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I don't know about conversion via USB stick input. I'll see if I can test that soon.

Please do so, and if you do use a MKV file can you tell me if it has playback memory once you stop and start the file after playing?

I'm just wondering if the 3D Bee is like you say a more aggressive 3D converter then the OPP plus it's almost half the price and seeing I paid $500 for the TV it's kinda hard to spend that for a Player. LG & Vizio were my only choices for a 42" passive 3D TV and I was waiting for the new 2014 models, but Vizio no longer offers 3D and LG will not make a 3D 42" set so I'm keeping this TV.

I know the 3D Bee won't have crazy pop outs but I do like the felling of being immersed in the picture, The new Spider Man movie in 3D at the theaters was the best I've ever seen especially in the city scape.

fxrh, you also said VEFXi was coming out with a new convertor that is better then what they have out, is this coming out soon?

Is Gene Dolgoffs new 3D converter project scarped now that he did not get the funding?
post #288 of 291 Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:

Please do so, and if you do use a MKV file can you tell me if it has playback memory once you stop and start the file after playing?

I ran a test tonight against an MKV file stored on a USB flash drive. I was able to convert it from 2D to 3D using the OPPO converter just as I have been able to use the converter with the HDMI inputs.

I was also able to confirm that the OPPO has playback memory for USB as well as other inputs. I stopped file playback. When I started it again, the OPPO resumed playback from the point where it had stopped.
Quote:
fxrh, you also said VEFXi was coming out with a new convertor that is better then what they have out, is this coming out soon?

I hadn't intended to say that. I don't know of any new hardware coming out. I was saying that I prefer software solutions to hardware solutions with respect to 2D-to-3D conversion. I consider 2D-to-3D conversion to be a work in progress, so with respect to future improvements (if any) I'd rather get a software (or firmware) update than have to buy new hardware. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
post #289 of 291 Old 02-24-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
I hadn't intended to say that. I don't know of any new hardware coming out. I was saying that I prefer software solutions to hardware solutions with respect to 2D-to-3D conversion. I consider 2D-to-3D conversion to be a work in progress, so with respect to future improvements (if any) I'd rather get a software (or firmware) update than have to buy new hardware. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

No that's my fault I misunderstood you, I reread the original post and you were saying if they do come out with something better.

The OPPO seems to be an all around ultimate player, but I forgot to ask if it has a delay when converting 2D TO 3D. If I do buy the OPPO I would assume I would connect my satellite box and 360 to both HDMI inputs and send one HDMI output to my TV and the other out to my Onkyo non 3D receiver for sound?

I guess my only thing now is finding out if the Bee is a more aggressive, better quality 2D to 3D converter then the OPPO which could only be answered by somebody who owns both.

Thanks for the info fxrh, it was very helpful.
post #290 of 291 Old 02-24-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:

The OPPO seems to be an all around ultimate player, but I forgot to ask if it has a delay when converting 2D TO 3D.

There's an adjustable sliding scale of values from 1 to 16 that controls the 3D depth. The default is 8.
I noticed that a value higher than 8 results in a very quick but (to me) noticeable delay at the beginning of every scene. Presumably the converter is busy figuring out the objects, creating a depth map, etc. for each scene. I found the delay distracting on my 96" projection screen, so I am sticking with the default value.
Quote:
If I do buy the OPPO I would assume I would connect my satellite box and 360 to both HDMI inputs and send one HDMI output to my TV and the other out to my Onkyo non 3D receiver for sound?

Yes, that's correct.
post #291 of 291 Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 AM

Ok I just bought a 3D Bee Diamond and have been testing it out with different 1080p footage from my 360, Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player and my cable provider and I'm not impressed. I know I won't get the pop-out since the material was not shot in 3D but with all the preset settings nothing looks like it has depth, more distortion and eye strain then anything and with the non aggressive presets that are easy on the eyes, it just looks like 2D. I tried the 3D+ customize settings and I really screwed my eyes up and got pretty nauseous and took till the next day for my eyes to recover so I won't use that option again, or until I know the right settings for it.

I'll give it another week but if I don't see any difference between 2D and 3D it's going back.
Reply 3D Source Components

Tags
Vefxi 3d Bee Platinum 2d To 3d Realtime Video Converter

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page