The Official VEFXi 3D-Bee Owners' Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 291 Old 11-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Member
 
sddp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post

Have you been able to play a 3D Blu Ray through it?
For some reason, I am unable to.

I have the PS3 and a Mits DLP 73" 3D ready and have the trainer model and played "Legend of the Guardians" using the 3D disc and it wouldn't play. And yes I selected the 2D/BP mode.

have you had this issue?

I am thinking something about the PS3's sending the info out when it has a
3D disc in it that the unit doesn't understand?
It goes to a very dark screen. The PS3 plays fine and can see verything in the menu when the disc is in, but when I scroll over the movie and select it, it goes blank. And only way around this is to unlpul the hdmi cable from the 3D bee and connect it directly from the PS3 to the TV.






Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Bee View Post

@sddp
ERRATA for the 3D-Bee::home and 3D-Bee::trainer
When in 2D/Bypass mode, the 3D-Bee will bypass 2D video from the input to the output to enable the viewing of video in 2D if desired. It will also bypass 3D video from input to output for some types of 3D sources. While the 3D-Bee is HDMI certified, some types of 3D sources may have different HDMI characteristics and not be able to bypass through the 3D-Bee. In these situations you can:
Connect these directly to another HDMI input on your TV, or
Add an HDMI splitter where one splitter output goes to the 3D-Bee for conversion of 2D to 3D, and the other splitter output goes to another HDMI input on your TV for viewing original 3D from that video source.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback from everyone!



Thanks for the reply. So I just bought another native 3D Blu Ray "Green Latern" and having the same issue. Before I insert the disc, everything works fine and see the PS3 screen options and put the 3D-Bee in 2D/BP mode and when I insert the 3D Blu Ray of Green Latern the screen flickers for a few seconds and goes blank and stays that way not matter whe I do. Although I do hear the sound, so I know it's playing. I take it this is just how it is playing 3D source material from the Sony PS3 going while using the 3D-Bee?
I am planning on getting a few PS3 Games and they come in 3D, will this issue also still happen with them?

Is therey any mode or optoins I can try, other than unplugging the HDMI cables and re-pluging them everytime?

Thanks



PS; However I also watched the reguarl 2D blue ray of green later with the
3d-Bee on with my glasses and was really impressed, some scenes it's almost better or as good as the Native, with the trainer it's nice to have options of changing depth when I want
sddp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 291 Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

I hope it works, too! VEFXi says in an addendum to the user's guide that some 3D sources can't "see" a 3D-capable display through the Bee when it's in bypass. This is the kind of thing the Gefen box is designed to overcome for HTPCs, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have the Gefen unit in hand, but am currently at work, so I won't get a chance to play with it until tonight or tomorrow.

Well, it didn't work. I don't have a 3D-capable display, per se'. I have one of the VIP 3D-Theater units providing the capability, and it was its EDID I was trying to capture with the HDMI Detective. I got indications of a valid EDID capture, and everything worked up to the point I selected the 3D version on a Blu Ray. Then, I got the message that a 3D-compatible display was needed. This may be more due to the workings of the VIP when it goes into 3D mode than to any drawback of the Gefen unit. According to their website, it can capture HDMI 1.4 EDIDs, so I may have to try capturing one from a full-goose 3D TV.

If this is more than an EDID issue, and the Bee can't pass a frame-packed signal, for instance, then I'm probably hosed...

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #93 of 291 Old 11-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
wildchild22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Deer Lake , Newfoundland
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Please let us know how the forza 4 test pans out. I am either buying he monoprice unit or the bee just want to see if the bee is much better than the mp unit for gaming.
wildchild22 is offline  
post #94 of 291 Old 11-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Newbie
 
ms2knights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

I believe he's implying you guys may be shills working for VEFXi...


I guess I understood that, but wanted to be sure of the implication. In my critique of the device I mentioned my likes and dislikes of the unit. I don't know what others have said, but I am sure I am not in any way a shill for VEFXI, lol.
ms2knights is offline  
post #95 of 291 Old 11-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Newbie
 
3D-Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post

I take it this is just how it is playing 3D source material from the Sony PS3 going while using the 3D-Bee?
I am planning on getting a few PS3 Games and they come in 3D, will this issue also still happen with them?

Is therey any mode or optoins I can try, other than unplugging the HDMI cables and re-pluging them everytime?

Hi sddp,
Thank you for your patience in this matter.
I think your best bet is go with the splitter option. In our demo display, the best behaving splitter solution that we have found is using a 4 to 2 matrix switch PPA model 7280E. Go to the TV department in your local electronics store and ask them for their HDMI 4 to 2 matrix switch. It has more in and out function than you need, but we connect our 2D/3D Blu-ray to one input, and then connect one of the outputs to the 3D-Bee which is then connected to a 3DTV, and the other output to a 2D monitor to show what the 2D source looks like next to the 3DTV.

By the way, when we use a 3D-Bee as a 3D source and send that through a second 3D-Bee, it bypasses 3D just fine. So it is an issue only with specific 3D sources. We use the leading HDMI chipset that was designed by one of the founding companies of HDMI.org, and they are also the leading HDMI certification testing company as well. And the bypass issue is a limitation of their chip set and the current HDMI spec when dealing with chains of devices, not something that can be upgraded today. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will continue to use the best devices possible on future products. HDMI is maturing over time and we expect the current limitations will be solved in future generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1969 View Post

funny how all these "new members" praise this device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

I believe he's implying you guys may be shills working for VEFXi...

Hi Dave1969,

There are no paid or solicited bloggers on this site or any site. These are all customers who have purchased from us or demo-ed our products at a trade show. It can be a great trait to need to see for yourself though. If you're interested we'll be at CES in January and even have a coupon for free registration throughout November. Otherwise, if you're in Oregon we can set up a personal demo for you at our studio. Cheers -Pamela
3D-Bee is offline  
post #96 of 291 Old 11-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
jmcguire525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so if i already have two 3D-XL boxes I could buy the trainer model and see how I like it, and then purchase a second trainer in order to have full 1080p? Also, the trainer model alone only does side-by-side 1080p correct? When using the pro model, are the units actually outputting full 1080p or are they simply performing the same task as the 3D-XL to send the left and right images to the correct projector?

Im sorry if that question is confusing, I just want to make sure if I get the Pro model is it still stretching a 960x1080 image to 1920x1080 then sending it to the left or right projector or is it actually making a full 1920x1080 image?
jmcguire525 is offline  
post #97 of 291 Old 11-15-2011, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcguire525 View Post

so if i already have two 3D-XL boxes I could buy the trainer model and see how I like it, and then purchase a second trainer in order to have full 1080p? Also, the trainer model alone only does side-by-side 1080p correct? When using the pro model, are the units actually outputting full 1080p or are they simply performing the same task as the 3D-XL to send the left and right images to the correct projector?

Im sorry if that question is confusing, I just want to make sure if I get the Pro model is it still stretching a 960x1080 image to 1920x1080 then sending it to the left or right projector or is it actually making a full 1920x1080 image?

I don't think so, but hopefully Pamela will chime in.

The Pro setup I got is two boxes and they look the same, but one is coded for outputting the Right, and the other seems dedicated to the Left. They are set to output a full 1080p for their respective eye.

It's possible that this is a software or firmware setting that you can update on each box, but this seems to be the only way.

Hopefully they may offer an upgrade path for Trainer buyers to add the second unit and change the settings, but from what I see on these, they currently function differently, even tho the box is identical.
rdjam is offline  
post #98 of 291 Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 68
OK! I finally got my setup to work the way I want. That is, to use the Bee to convert Satellite, HD DVD, and 2D Blu Ray while still being able to play native 3D Blu Rays without having to constantly plug and unplug cables (I have only a single 3D-capable input). This was kind of expensive and a kludge so I wouldn't recommend it because of those facts.

I placed a 1X2 splitter after the BDP, with one output connected through a Gefen HDMI Detective to the Bee. The Detective was programmed with the EDID from my 3D display and was necessary because the splitter reflects the least-capable input, which would have been the Bee's in this case (sorry, VEFXi) and that caused the BDP to refuse to output in 3D mode. The other splitter output and the Bee's output both go to a powered HDMI switch I had laying around. Even though the switch is about 6 years old, it passes 3D just fine.

As an alternative, Gefen makes a splitter which reports a 3D-capable display if it sees one regardless of what is on the other outputs. This would eliminate the need for the HDMI Detective, but that splitter is $$$.

Another way to get the BDP to play native 3D content with a single 3D display input without swapping cables but without the HDMI Detective requires a little bit of preplanning. You still need a splitter and switch, but you turn off the 'Bee via its front panel input before firing up the rest of the system. This makes the splitter mirror the 3D display's EDID instead of the Bee's, and the BDP will now go into 3D mode.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #99 of 291 Old 11-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Member
 
pheggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I found a new 2d/3d converter box with HDMI 1.4 input
If you find out where to buy one please post.

http://www.3dinlife.com/english/Prod...vertorbox.html

3dinlife 2d/3d converter box
pheggie is offline  
post #100 of 291 Old 11-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
3DNewb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are many 3D converters like that over at Alibaba.com, they just get rebadged. Then sold at a hefty profit. I'd be suprised if any of these 2D-3D converters were actually manufactured or assembled here in the US.
3DNewb is offline  
post #101 of 291 Old 11-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Member
 
pheggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
3dinlife are respected innovative manufacturers of 3d products that is not rebadged.
How many converters on alibaba.com have HDMI 1.4 input certainly not
Monoprice 3d creator nor 3d-Bee?
pheggie is offline  
post #102 of 291 Old 11-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Member
 
pheggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I see what you mean their are a few with HDMI 1.4
The Welland brand (I've got a hard drive case by them) have an interesting
HDMI 1.4 one. But they don't look rebadged all the cases are of different designs
layout and some use yellow/blue glasses rather than red/blue

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/47...converter.html

and a full list

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/2d-to-3d-converter.html

Some are listed at $70 to $90 USD hardly a hefty mark up sound reasonable price to me.
pheggie is offline  
post #103 of 291 Old 11-17-2011, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm guessing most of those are the same electronics already packaged in TVs and BD players, but I'm curious for any feedback from anyone that tries them.

My guess is that the 3d Bee is going to be a different level.
rdjam is offline  
post #104 of 291 Old 11-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
 
3DNewb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I overlooked that it stated 1. HDMI 1.4 3D format input :SBS-H,FP,TNB,output transfer to L/R frame sequential(frame by frame)
The monoprice is able to take SBS 3D files and output them as frame sequential, the 3DBee should do the same, but I do not think either will do TNB or FP. Nor will they recognize the format signals/flags present in HDMI 1.4 as far as I know.

I did notice this "Build-in 3D glass sync and L/R sync signal", which neither the Bee or Mono have.

There's a lot to be said of a well built piece of hardware that doesn't fail just of warranty due to cheap parts. I've replaced numerous capacitors that have failed prematurely in modems, power supplies and monitors that I own and those were products from mainstream manufacturers, which in most cases were rebadged.
3DNewb is offline  
post #105 of 291 Old 11-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Member
 
pheggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
There are some 2d to 3d converters on ebay now.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_f...All-Categories
pheggie is offline  
post #106 of 291 Old 11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
 
3DNewb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmm, thinking about it, that is essentially like a VP3D1 or 3D-XL, but with 2D-3D conversion. (except for the passive dual PJ support that 2 3D-XLs have)

If it was quality made and handled the HDMI handshakes across it with no problem, it could be a contender as long as the conversion isn't sub par.

Of course there are warranty considerations, you'd want to purchase from someone that has support if needed.
3DNewb is offline  
post #107 of 291 Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Member
 
pheggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got an email from 3d-Bee about Black Friday deals $100 off.
pheggie is offline  
post #108 of 291 Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Member
 
sddp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Bee View Post

Hi sddp,
Thank you for your patience in this matter.
I think your best bet is go with the splitter option. In our demo display, the best behaving splitter solution that we have found is using a 4 to 2 matrix switch PPA model 7280E. Go to the TV department in your local electronics store and ask them for their HDMI 4 to 2 matrix switch. It has more in and out function than you need, but we connect our 2D/3D Blu-ray to one input, and then connect one of the outputs to the 3D-Bee which is then connected to a 3DTV, and the other output to a 2D monitor to show what the 2D source looks like next to the 3DTV.

By the way, when we use a 3D-Bee as a 3D source and send that through a second 3D-Bee, it bypasses 3D just fine. So it is an issue only with specific 3D sources. We use the leading HDMI chipset that was designed by one of the founding companies of HDMI.org, and they are also the leading HDMI certification testing company as well. And the bypass issue is a limitation of their chip set and the current HDMI spec when dealing with chains of devices, not something that can be upgraded today. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will continue to use the best devices possible on future products. HDMI is maturing over time and we expect the current limitations will be solved in future generations.




Thank you for getting back to me.

So will every 3D native source coming out of the PS3 have this issue?
Is there a chance that 3D Native games on the PS3 will work fine when the 3D-bee is in BP mode?

Or is there any other software configuration in the PS3's settings that I can adjust to see 3D native source matterial with out the extra hardware?

Thanks
sddp is offline  
post #109 of 291 Old 11-20-2011, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 68
More impressions of the Bee: it's great! First, I've seen no picture degradation either in 3D or in 2D/Bypass mode. The only "artifact" I've noticed in 3D conversion was in the Blu-Ray of "Rome" Season 1 Episode 2, when Caesar was sitting at a table backlit by a window with crossbar grating. For a split second there was a white ghost image of the window grating superimposed over him. In all honesty, it may be there on the disc visible in 2D-I've only watched it in 3D so far.

I'm glad Pamela convinced me to upgrade to the Bee::trainer model, since the extra Depth modes have come in handy. In particular, on content with talking heads against a dark background (think "Band of Brothers" when the original GIs are describing what they went through), the Z-- depth setting gives a convincing sense of distance or depth from the speaker's chin to his neck. It's like you're watching a live person through a pane of glass. Most impressive.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #110 of 291 Old 11-21-2011, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Hmm, this is an interesting thread. Currently, I have an Optoma HD3300 projector and a Samsung BD D6700 Blu Ray player (dual hdmi b/c I have a 1.3 spec receiver). The player has a 2D-3D conversion which I think works pretty well. Some have noted that their TV's 2D-3D conversion is inferior to the 3D-Bee, but I wonder how it compares with the 6700? Like rdjam, I found the opening scene of Return of the King to be utterly amazing, but that was on my 6700.

At any rate, I play a lot of games and like the thought of playing my games in 3D, especially Forza 4 (still waiting to get the wheel and refuse to play it until I do).

Should I decide to take the jump and get the Bee, what would I need in order to have it connected with my PVR, XBOX 360 and PS3 so I can get 3D on all of these sources? Is this possible with a hdmi 1.3 receiver?

blastermaster is offline  
post #111 of 291 Old 11-22-2011, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 135
K. I checked monoprice and found a 3d capable 4x2 hdmi splitter which will work according to the monoprice tech.

My only reservation about the 3D Bee is that it seems to only output at 1080p60. Don't Blu Rays output at 1080p120? I mean, my shutter glasses would be only getting 30hz per eye with the 3D Bee? I already notice shutter flicker every once in a while at 60hz - I can't imagine how it would even be viewable at 30. And I'm not downgrading to 720p120 - I didn't buy a 1080p 3D projector to do that. If I have to buy the pro version to get 1080p120, I just don't see how it could be worth it (I would love to see it in person). I would probably stick to my Samsung player that does the conversion reasonably well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm a newbie in this area.

Edit: I just realized the 3D Bee doesn't do frame-packed conversion.

blastermaster is offline  
post #112 of 291 Old 11-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
wildchild22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Deer Lake , Newfoundland
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
bluray is really 1920x2160 @23.976 hz.

Please see

http://www.best-3dtvs.com/what-is-frame-packing-3d/
wildchild22 is offline  
post #113 of 291 Old 11-23-2011, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

K. I checked monoprice and found a 3d capable 4x2 hdmi splitter which will work according to the monoprice tech.

My only reservation about the 3D Bee is that it seems to only output at 1080p60. Don't Blu Rays output at 1080p120? I mean, my shutter glasses would be only getting 30hz per eye with the 3D Bee? I already notice shutter flicker every once in a while at 60hz - I can't imagine how it would even be viewable at 30. And I'm not downgrading to 720p120 - I didn't buy a 1080p 3D projector to do that. If I have to buy the pro version to get 1080p120, I just don't see how it could be worth it (I would love to see it in person). I would probably stick to my Samsung player that does the conversion reasonably well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm a newbie in this area.

Edit: I just realized the 3D Bee doesn't do frame-packed conversion.

It wouldn't be just the Pro, either. You'd need another projector of the same make and model. The Pro is essentially two Trainers set up so that one does left eye view only and one does the right eye view only, still at 60Hz. But this is per eye, not 60 Hz split into two left eye/right eye 30 Hz views as done by the Home and Trainer models.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #114 of 291 Old 11-28-2011, 11:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,233
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 398
I've been testing the Trainer model. When I input Blu-ray at 1080p24, I get terrible tearing artifacts through the center of the screen, separating the top half of the picture from the bottom. These recur regularly and make the content basically unwatchable. Switching my Blu-ray player to 1080p60 seems to resolve it. But I don't want to leave the Blu-ray player at 60 Hz if I don't have to.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #115 of 291 Old 11-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Member
 
penone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bronx, NYC
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very interesting product. My set up is via an htpc and i have a great number of movies on hard drives (mkv format). Can i stil utilize the 3d bee with my mkv files and my htpc?
penone is offline  
post #116 of 291 Old 11-28-2011, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

I've been testing the Trainer model. When I input Blu-ray at 1080p24, I get terrible tearing artifacts through the center of the screen, separating the top half of the picture from the bottom. These recur regularly and make the content basically unwatchable. Switching my Blu-ray player to 1080p60 seems to resolve it. But I don't want to leave the Blu-ray player at 60 Hz if I don't have to.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I haven't noticed it, but that may be because the picture is being scaled via an Onkyo receiver to 1080i from 720p since that's what my older display can accept. In my next viewing session, I'll make sure to set the BDP at 1080p24 and see what happens.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #117 of 291 Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Newbie
 
3D-Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post

Thank you for getting back to me.

So will every 3D native source coming out of the PS3 have this issue?
Is there a chance that 3D Native games on the PS3 will work fine when the 3D-bee is in BP mode?

Or is there any other software configuration in the PS3's settings that I can adjust to see 3D native source matterial with out the extra hardware?

Thanks

3D-sources which output in frame-packing format will not bypass correctly. PS3 3D-video output format is frame packing. So it will not work. You will need to use the solution suggested in the using Gefen HDMI detective.
3D-Bee is offline  
post #118 of 291 Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Newbie
 
3D-Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by penone View Post

Very interesting product. My set up is via an htpc and i have a great number of movies on hard drives (mkv format). Can i stil utilize the 3d bee with my mkv files and my htpc?

I'm unfamiliar with htpc and mkv, but as long as you can output a 1080p, 1080i or 720p video signal on a hdmi port, you should be ok. Also note, you will have to display the output of the 3D-Bee on a 3D viewing device such as a 3D TV or a 3D projector.
3D-Bee is offline  
post #119 of 291 Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheggie View Post

I see what you mean their are a few with HDMI 1.4
The Welland brand (I've got a hard drive case by them) have an interesting
HDMI 1.4 one. But they don't look rebadged all the cases are of different designs
layout and some use yellow/blue glasses rather than red/blue

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/47...converter.html

and a full list

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/2d-to-3d-converter.html

Some are listed at $70 to $90 USD hardly a hefty mark up sound reasonable price to me.

Many times rebadging includes a redesigned case. One good indicator of a rebranded component is the number and position of I/O ports and the power plug (if any), since these are soldered to the motherboard.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #120 of 291 Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,233
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

I've been testing the Trainer model. When I input Blu-ray at 1080p24, I get terrible tearing artifacts through the center of the screen, separating the top half of the picture from the bottom. These recur regularly and make the content basically unwatchable. Switching my Blu-ray player to 1080p60 seems to resolve it. But I don't want to leave the Blu-ray player at 60 Hz if I don't have to.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is no one else using this product at 1080p?

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
Reply 3D Source Components

Tags
Vefxi 3d Bee Platinum 2d To 3d Realtime Video Converter

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off