Which 3d-bee model do you have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 291 Old 02-26-2012, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have 3dBee trainer but find the extra 3d modes aren't better so no need to spend the extra money unless have a projector
post #183 of 291 Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 AM

Liked: 10
I'm planning on building a dual projector setup and I know they have a dual projector full HD 1080p version, which looks great, except I don't know if I can justify paying that much for it.

The home and platinum editions both output SBS video. Since a 3D-XL can input SBS video, couldn't a pair of them split the video to 2 projectors just like any other 3D source? I realize that would not be 1080p, but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work, unless I am missing something, can anyone shed some light on this?
post #184 of 291 Old 02-27-2012, 06:27 AM

I am planning to buy a projector.
The other modes are more for a projector?
post #185 of 291 Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 AM

I read a post that says that the internal 2D to 3D converter of the Samsung TV is better than the 3D bee. The guy both one and was very disappointed to see his TV was already doing it better.
post #186 of 291 Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpaul View Post

I read a post that says that the internal 2D to 3D converter of the Samsung TV is better than the 3D bee. The guy both one and was very disappointed to see his TV was already doing it better.

Nope... I've seen the built-in 3D on all of the TVs, including the Samsung. No comparison. Everyone is entitled to opinions, of course

Ahh... F1 in full HD 3D with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The
post #187 of 291 Old 02-29-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

Nope... I've seen the built-in 3D on all of the TVs, including the Samsung. No comparison. Everyone is entitled to opinions, of course

Thanks for the reply.

For a 3D projector, which 3D-bee model would you recommend?

I have read your other thread about dual projector system but after reading about the 'straight head' requirement, I have decided to buy an active eye glass 3D projector while waiting for some passive ~realD compatible projectors to come out at reasonable prices. Would you recommend one in the $3k price range (Panasonic PT-AE7000, Epson 6010, ...)?
post #188 of 291 Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

other than a bit of playing around, i don't use the "extra modes"...

that doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't... or that someday i might not...

if you are the kind of person who wonders "what if?", then spend the differential...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

post #189 of 291 Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thanks for the reply.

For a 3D projector, which 3D-bee model would you recommend?

I have read your other thread about dual projector system but after reading about the 'straight head' requirement, I have decided to buy an active eye glass 3D projector while waiting for some passive ~realD compatible projectors to come out at reasonable prices. Would you recommend one in the $3k price range (Panasonic PT-AE7000, Epson 6010, ...)?

Because I'm using the dual projector setup, I haven't had enough interest in the single projector 3D solutions to look at the newer ones, so I don't know if I could comment.

What I can say is that since you would be using a single projector, you can use any version of the 3D Bee. The top Pro version is only needed for the dual projector solution.

I would recommend the Trainer version for the extra $100, since it gives you some flexibility to play with different modes. But the default "-" mode is what I use most of the time myself, so either is good.

The

The
post #190 of 291 Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:

I would recommend the Trainer version for the extra $100, since it gives you some flexibility to play with different modes. But the default "-" mode is what I use most of the time myself, so either is good.

Thanks for the reply.

Does the unit allow moving the depth from behind the TV/Projector to in front of it?
post #191 of 291 Old 02-29-2012, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thanks for the reply.

Does the unit allow moving the depth from behind the TV/Projector to in front of it?

Yes, the Trainer, the mid-range unit, does 3D "-" settings (behind the screen) and "+" (in front of the screen)

I like the former, some like the latter

The

The
post #192 of 291 Old 03-01-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:

Yes, the Trainer, the mid-range unit, does 3D "-" settings (behind the screen) and "+" (in front of the screen)

I like the former, some like the latter

Great! I hope ordering one from Canada is not too pricy (customs, shipping).
post #193 of 291 Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 369
The Plus settings don't really create a "pop-out" effect like many viewers may be expecting. Rather, it looks to me more like the screen is bowed outwards, which is a very weird and distracting experience. The Minus settings are more effective.

In the time I had with a trainer model, I alternated between - and --. The first created a minimal 3D depth effect on my screen, but didn't suffer any artifacts. The -- setting is more aggressive and (at its best) created a more impressive depth effect, but was sometimes too exaggerated and caused crosstalk artifacts. I kind of wish there were a setting about halfway between them.

--- was was too exaggerated and artifacty to be usable.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (
)
Curator,

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #194 of 291 Old 03-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

The Plus settings don't really create a "pop-out" effect like many viewers may be expecting. Rather, it looks to me more like the screen is bowed outwards, which is a very weird and distracting experience. The Minus settings are more effective.

In the time I had with a trainer model, I alternated between - and --. The first created a minimal 3D depth effect on my screen, but didn't suffer any artifacts. The -- setting is more aggressive and (at its best) created a more impressive depth effect, but was sometimes too exaggerated and caused crosstalk artifacts. I kind of wish there were a setting about halfway between them.

--- was was too exaggerated and artifacty to be usable.

Ok thanks for clarifying that. It's a bit disappointing to read this. Ever saw another unit that did a better job or had better adjustment range?
post #195 of 291 Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Ok thanks for clarifying that. It's a bit disappointing to read this.

Based on responses from other uses, it seems to me that you may get different results on a different screen.

Josh Z
)
Curator,

post #196 of 291 Old 03-03-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:

Based on responses from other uses, it seems to me that you may get different results on a different screen.

It would be nice if the unit had an option to cut some of the horizontal width instead of 'bowing' the sides. I read that the powerdvd12 is doing that. My old Sony projector allowed me to clip horizontally so maybe this could be used?
post #197 of 291 Old 03-04-2012, 08:19 PM

Can anyone help?

If I were to buy a 3D-Bee Trainer and use the unit's HDMI input ports to attach a Blu Ray player and a DirecTV HD-DVR, would I still need to buy a 3DXL to hook up to a cheap DLP 720P '3D ready' projector to get the 2D to 3D conversion?

The 3D-Bee does appear to output a 720P frame-sequencial signal that the projector is able to process. It would be nice to by pass a 3DXL purchase.
post #198 of 291 Old 03-05-2012, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well this product is great when 3D stuffs was new to the market, but now with technology built in TV/Projector does amazing job to be honest. I own a 55" 3D TV using 3D-Bee, it was great conversion back in the day compare to my TV. Now I own Epson 5010 3D projector and using it built in 3D conversion and compare with the 3D-Bee box, The depth and 3D perspective is same or better than the 3D-Bee to be honest, but the Epson picture quality is way better than the 3D-Bee, must be due to it built in HQV Reon–VX.
post #199 of 291 Old 03-05-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievoviii View Post

Well this product is great when 3D stuffs was new to the market, but now with technology built in TV/Projector does amazing job to be honest. I own a 55" 3D TV using 3D-Bee, it was great conversion back in the day compare to my TV. Now I own Epson 5010 3D projector and using it built in 3D conversion and compare with the 3D-Bee box, The depth and 3D perspective is same or better than the 3D-Bee to be honest, but the Epson picture quality is way better than the 3D-Bee, must be due to it built in HQV Reon-VX.

Thanks. I was almost convinced to buy it. I guess I'll wait to see the conversion on my next projector. Also everybody seems to agree that only the Z- is a good setting for the unit. It feels a bit 'boring' that there is no other 'useful' adjustments.
post #200 of 291 Old 03-06-2012, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks. I was almost convinced to buy it. I guess I'll wait to see the conversion on my next projector. Also everybody seems to agree that only the Z- is a good setting for the unit. It feels a bit 'boring' that there is no other 'useful' adjustments.

yeah like built in video procession would be nice. Anyway 3D-Bee is a little false advertise, full 1080P 3D content convert from 1080P 2D content. ROFL it's not possible. You have to crop the picture or else it will have like a weird picture ratio. Imagine taking two 1920x1080 and move them away from each "Side by Side" this is how 3D work, the more you move away from each other the more depth. Also the more you move the more the two side corners have to be crop to have the video fit back in to 1920 pixels. Make sense?
post #201 of 291 Old 03-12-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:

yeah like built in video procession would be nice. Anyway 3D-Bee is a little false advertise, full 1080P 3D content convert from 1080P 2D content. ROFL it's not possible. You have to crop the picture or else it will have like a weird picture ratio. Imagine taking two 1920x1080 and move them away from each "Side by Side" this is how 3D work, the more you move away from each other the more depth. Also the more you move the more the two side corners have to be crop to have the video fit back in to 1920 pixels. Make sense?

Yes I guess there is no way to invent pixels that are not there so cropping is the only solution.
post #202 of 291 Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

It doesn't work quite like that.

The bee basically analyses the image on the fly to determine what depths each item is at in the picture, using some preset rules.

It then creates parallax by shifting the items in the picture for each eye. It does not crop the image, or shift each of the whole frames.

The

The
post #203 of 291 Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:

It doesn't work quite like that.

The bee basically analyses the image on the fly to determine what depths each item is at in the picture, using some preset rules.

It then creates parallax by shifting the items in the picture for each eye. It does not crop the image, or shift each of the whole frames.

What I understood from his post was that if you shift some items that are at one extreme (left, top, bottom or right) toward the middle of the picture then there is a blank spot that can't be replaced by anything since there is no way to know what is outside of the screen boundary.
post #204 of 291 Old 03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

i'm assuming all bee owners have their dvr's set for this weekend...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

post #205 of 291 Old 03-28-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Sample clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HMqt3gYjLw

Eh, it warps stuff I guess. But it's not 3D.

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #206 of 291 Old 03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

other than a bit of playing around, i don't use the "extra modes"...

that doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't... or that someday i might not...

if you are the kind of person who wonders "what if?", then spend the differential...

quoting myself...

actually, after a bit of experimentation, i like z-- for f1...

- chris

post #207 of 291 Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 PM

Liked: 11
I just picked up a Trainer model on ebay for 300. I'm looking forwards to it, and my Sony 1000ES which should arrive about the same time. My kids love Cars and hope it's all great.
post #208 of 291 Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm curious of we've ever gotten a sure answer to the following question: If I send a 1080p24 signal into the 3dBee what signal will come out?

It sounds to me like we would be getting a 1080p60 SBS 3D signal, which is bad for folks like me with a JVC projector. Only 24fps material looks great on those devices. Has anyone gotten a 1080p24 3D signal out of it? The spec sheet for the new platinum claims that it can output a 24Hz 3D signal, but perhaps that is only 720p24 SBS/frame sequential and not a 1080p signal.
post #209 of 291 Old 04-08-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dmaven View Post

I'm curious of we've ever gotten a sure answer to the following question: If I send a 1080p24 signal into the 3dBee what signal will come out?

It sounds to me like we would be getting a 1080p60 SBS 3D signal, which is bad for folks like me with a JVC projector. Only 24fps material looks great on those devices. Has anyone gotten a 1080p24 3D signal out of it? The spec sheet for the new platinum claims that it can output a 24Hz 3D signal, but perhaps that is only 720p24 SBS/frame sequential and not a 1080p signal.

Whatever resolution you input is what comes out. The 3D-Bee will not scale or frame-rate convert the video signal beyond the 3D processing. If you input 1080p24 from Blu-ray, the device will output side-by-side 3D at 1080p24.

Because this is not a "legal" resolution for side-by-side 3D, not all displays will be able to accept it. The HDMI 1.4 spec only mandates side-by-side 3D at 1080i50 or 1080i60 resolutions. However, some brands of display are flexible about what resolutions they'll accept.

Josh Z
)
Curator,

post #210 of 291 Old 04-08-2012, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Whatever resolution you input is what comes out. The 3D-Bee will not scale or frame-rate convert the video signal beyond the 3D processing. If you input 1080p24 from Blu-ray, the device will output side-by-side 3D at 1080p24.

Because this is not a "legal" resolution for side-by-side 3D, not all displays will be able to accept it. The HDMI 1.4 spec only mandates side-by-side 3D at 1080i50 or 1080i60 resolutions. However, some brands of display are flexible about what resolutions they'll accept.

That is good news since my lumagen will convert 1080p24sbs to 1080p24 frame packed.
Reply 3D Source Components

Tags
Vefxi 3d Bee Platinum 2d To 3d Realtime Video Converter

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page