What is the best high-end 3D blu-ray player for movies and music - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-14-2011, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
for ref i will be runnning it to a Yamaha RX-Z11 (may change out to RX-A3010 or run the 3010 as a video/music preamp to the Z11 amps). My projector is the new JVC RS-65. Looking at units that have multi-channel outs, but not sure if I would get better decoding from the newer blu-ray players or from the Yamaha's? 3D is a must.

thx,

Jim Parys is Living the dream...
La Sirena III Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 166
You are probably a candidate for an Oppo BD-95 It's double the price of the BD-93 but it has a special power supply and audio SABRE32 Reference ES9018 DAC's and the Rotel Toroidal Power Supply that supports the analog audio section once the digital side of the player has done its job converting the audio to analog. The BD 95 has a pair of dedicated stereo XLR outputs to deliver analog music from CDs, SACDs DVD-Audio and Blu-ray music discs. It is designed from the ground up with a different chassis and many different components optimized for the analog audio performance.

You can pay more, a lot more, but in the past it was discovered that some of these high end name brands were actually OPPO players inside a new box with brand label.

I have a BD-83 Special Edition which is an audiophile version of the BD-83 but to tell you the truth, I'm too old to hear the difference. Currently it is out on loan as I have a BD-93 and it is just perfect for my needs. A few years ago there were some companies who would custom build a BD-83 with your choice of DAC's. These ran the price up to $2k but if that's your cup of java, enjoy.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 153
For 3D blu-rays and regular blu-rays it really doesn't matter much. I have the Panasonic X10 and the Oppo 93 and notice no difference in AQ/PQ. Now if you add other things like DVD-A, SACD, DLNA/streaming support then Oppo would be the way to go.

If your receiver/processor decodes lossless audio, analog outs really aren't necessary. Run it through the receiver and let the receiver do the job. That's what it was designed to do. Since the RX-Z11 doesn't support 3D, get a player with dual HDMI. Run the main to the TV for video and the second to the receiver for audio. You don't even need to change out receivers. The Z11 is great.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #4 of 4 Old 12-18-2011, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Another vote for the OPPO 9 series.
Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page