3D playback by newest streaming boxes - Realtek 1186 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 141 Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I can confirm that the 3D playback of ISOs generated in Vegas works now fine with the Prodigy with firmware 3.5 RC. I have tested both ISOs with 720 50p but also 1080 24p - and both run fine. More, even a ISO with 720 50p runs fine in 1080 24p mode but also the other way round. That is great finally!!

What works also fine are MPOs - but you have to set them with the menu buttom to 3D, then you have the 3D pictures.

What does not work is to playback MVC files from both the Sony TD10 and the Panasonic Z10000 camcorder - that is played back in 2D only.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 141 Old 05-14-2012, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Questions about Realtek 1186:

1. Any USB Wifi N Dual Band Support?
2. Exfat?
3. 10 BIT Video Support?
post #123 of 141 Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

There seems to be a bottleneck with the network speed, but I think that is not for wifi. The drive can be ntsf formated, and is not limited to fat 32 or exfat. I am not sure if there is 10bit support - but I do not think so.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #124 of 141 Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Guys,

Just bought an Egreat R6S, but I seem to have a problem though. The main menu(GUI) of my Denon 4311 receiver doesn't overlay on the screen when I'm using the R6S...

Even the volume doesn't appear on the screen when I play movies. What is worse is that the vertical stretch function of my Denon 4311 has no effect...

Tried fiddling with the set up of both my 4311 and the R6S but can't seem to find the right settings. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
post #125 of 141 Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie_18 View Post

Guys,

Just bought an Egreat R6S, but I seem to have a problem though. The main menu(GUI) of my Denon 4311 receiver doesn't overlay on the screen when I'm using the R6S...

Even the volume doesn't appear on the screen when I play movies. What is worse is that the vertical stretch function of my Denon 4311 has no effect...

Tried fiddling with the set up of both my 4311 and the R6S but can't seem to find the right settings. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Here is the video comparing PS3 as a source and R6S as a source...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYBVBYGWWQs
post #126 of 141 Old 05-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

...Here is a link to a file with a short clip of 3D directly from my Sony HDR-TD10 camcorder. It's 100mb, less than 30 seconds, there is depth, pop-out, and audio to observe lipsync.

It's ok to give out this link to those that want to test for compatibility. The clip should play in 3D if the player is working as good as I'd like it to.
http://st7.us/mvc-sample0011.mts

I have just read through the whole thread, and to my dismay not a single positive answer appears to have been posted so far, to this question from nearly 5 months ago...

"Dismay" for the following reason: I've got some 500 *.mts 3D videos from my TD10 (PAL), and in an ideal world I really don't want to recode them into any sort of Bluray ISO or whatsoever...

I am prepared to copy those files onto a hard disk, if necessary, and if they cannot be streamed somehow.

But if I interpret this thread right, then even a player playing these native *.mts files has not yet been identified.

Really? Right?

Falk Kuebler
post #127 of 141 Old 06-24-2012, 11:47 AM

for play 3d iso.. Is there any difference between egret r6s and r300 ?

or is there one better for 3d iso?

Now I have popcorn hour... and I'm using yamj as a jukebox... is it possible to use yamj in egret?

thx
post #128 of 141 Old 06-25-2012, 02:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuebler View Post

Dismay" for the following reason: I've got some 500 *.mts 3D videos from my TD10 (PAL), and in an ideal world I really don't want to recode them into any sort of Bluray ISO or whatsoever...

But if I interpret this thread right, then even a player playing these native *.mts files has not yet been identified.

I think there is still no player that is able to playback native mvc files from the TD10 - beside the camera itself.

What you could do is to
- merge the files with the PMB (works only if you import all files from the camera with the PMB)
- use an extrenal harddisk to transfer everything from the TD10 to that harddisk, and use the TD10 as player

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #129 of 141 Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang S. View Post

I think there is still no player that is able to playback native mvc files from the TD10 - beside the camera itself.
What you could do is to
- merge the files with the PMB (works only if you import all files from the camera with the PMB)
- use an extrenal harddisk to transfer everything from the TD10 to that harddisk, and use the TD10 as player
Doesn't sound encouraging at all, but does sound pretty realistic though, as I have to admit... mad.gif

For the moment I have suspended the project, because I don't want to qualify as a masochist...

But in hope for developments to the brighter side I have collected some tools onto my Mac (Parallels, Win 8, Power Director 10 Ultra, Magix Pro X4). So when I should eventually become overwhelmed by an outburst of energy and frustration tolerance, then I'll be ready to give it a new try cool.gif

Falk Kuebler
post #130 of 141 Old 09-08-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

Next generation 3D source components have hit the market. These play 2D and 3D video content without having a built in bluray optical disk drive,

This thread invites comparisons of the features and robustness of devices that can stream and play 3D, without being limited to a single vendor's product.

There players can play half frame Side by Side (SBS or H-SBS) and half frame top/ bottom, but the most interesting aspect is that they can play full HD files, such as those produced from Sony Vegas, Power Director, or taken from bluray 3D disk content.

In Full HD-3D, the signal sent to the monitor is a full-HD 1920x1080 signal for each eye. Today there are several ways this is stored in a file.

The most efficient way to store these files is called MVC, and this is what is used on purchased 3D bluray disks. This is also what is used by the JVC and Sony 3D consumer camcorders that came on the market in 2011.

So... these efficient MVC-3D files are both purchased content, and content we make ourselves. Although the files can result by ripping a 3D bluray, which may be a prohibited use, the MVC file streaming playback also applies to content made by the average person on their own camcorder.

Interestingly, none of the Bluray players on the market today will stream 3D MVC files over a local network, stored on your own computer, with a 3D result on the monitor. Some will play in 3D from a USB hard-drive (this feature is being deleted, since it interferes with bluray licensing).

As of this writing, only these Realtek 1186 based devices will play true HD 3D from over the network from a hard drive in your own computer.

So... now at last there are streaming 3D players that are more versatile.

Versatile means we can play this content from an ISO so the menu works, or we can play it from a file on a computer over the network (NAS / DLNA / uPNP) or from a drive connected to the player (flash / Fat32/ NTFS / hard drive), and play various frame rates such as 1080p24 or 1080i60 in 3D.

Versatile also means that various monitors and audio formats are supported, and that playback of various 2D files is supported. Versatile means that you don't have to convert the file before you can play it.

But how well will these new boxes meet this task? It's a tall order that will likely result in some boxes working better than others even though they have the same chip set inside.

First appearing in October 2011, the newest streaming players share some common chips inside made by Realtek called the 1186 series. This is kind of like comparing a variety of computers that all have Intel processors. Though they all have Intel, they have different features depending on all of the other stuff inside the box.

Here is a list of some of the Realtek 1186 based 3D streaming media players, all I've found so far. As of writing this, I am still deciding which ones I'll buy first. List is sorted by vendor name.

Bluetimes Coopa 3550B

Eaget M70 or M90

Egreat R6S R150 or R200S or R300

Evolve Infinity

Fantec 3DFHDL or 3DS4600

GIEC HD300

HDPro-i6

HiMedia HD900 A or B or D suffix

Iconbit XDS73D or XDS1003D

Kaiboer K660i

Magic Box HD1200

Measy X5

Micca EP950

MyGica V9

Sarotech Abigs D9

Xtreamer Prodigy 3D

Zero Devices Z200

(some are known re-brands of the same unit)

There is at least one thread about one of these models in another place on AVSforum (probably belongs here in 3D source components, but too late to move it now). It looks like a support thread for that particular one.

I've bought various media players in recent the years. Roku, Iodata, Zensonic, Sony PS3.

Which new 3D streaming player will I buy? Let's find out.

Hi There, I'am trying to download 3D movies from TORRENTS they came in iso archive, but some how can not open or recignoze to convert into mkv and have may library on Hard Disc instaed of burning BluRay Discs, iam using Freemake video converter but it does not open the downloded files.

can you help me on how to do this...thanks.
post #131 of 141 Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 PM

I have Sony media plyer SMP-N200 with 3D and Lg 55 3D tv
post #132 of 141 Old 09-08-2012, 02:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 162
If the file extension is iso then you don't need anything to open them. That is already ready to go to burn to a blu ray BD-R. Just transfer that file to your blu ray burning software that recognizes your burner and make a disk.

Not all players will recognize the iso format for 3D playback. I have one here, the hiMedia 900B will and works very well.

One problem I have heard about torrent downloads is that they have questionable origin, may be loaded with viruses and if the process gets stuck along the way your file may not play anyway. I stay away from torrent apps.

If you are interested I have a couple of my own productions uploaded in a series of rar archive files than can be unpacked to a single large iso file that plays fine on the HiMedia 900b as well as the older OPPO BD-93 player. Or can be burnt to a BD-R. Send me a PM for the link to a server that you can download as fast as your connection allows. Others have downloaded and so far no one has had a problem using the free winrar unzipping tool to extract.
post #133 of 141 Old 09-11-2012, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuebler View Post

Doesn't sound encouraging at all, but does sound pretty realistic though, as I have to admit... mad.gif
For the moment I have suspended the project, because I don't want to qualify as a masochist...
But in hope for developments to the brighter side I have collected some tools onto my Mac (Parallels, Win 8, Power Director 10 Ultra, Magix Pro X4). So when I should eventually become overwhelmed by an outburst of energy and frustration tolerance, then I'll be ready to give it a new try cool.gif

There is an easy way to playback TD10 3D files in 3D with no burning needed, bypassing the Mac / PC, and without connecting the TD10 to the TV. This is done by using the Panasonic Bluray players in the series DMP BDT220/320/500 as the playback machine.

I have the DMP BDT220 player. On the front there is an SD card slot.

I am in the USA using the USA version of the TD10 and other equipment.

First, record the video to an SD card inserted in the SD slot in the Sony TD10 camcorder located under the hatch where the 3D display is on the camcorder.

Next, insert the SD card into the slot in the front of the Panasonic DMP BDT220 bluray player, and select the SD card and AVCHD from the bluray player menu. The video will start to play in 3D right away. To skip from one clip (file) to another on the playback, use the chapter skip buttons.

The Panasonic BDT220 (and other players in that series) will output either 1080i60-3D frame packed (AVCHD 2.0), or 1080i60-3D-SBS, whichever your TV is compatible with. Either way it's still 1080i60 3D.

I am using a BDT220 with firmware version 1.47.

I first saw this mentioned by AVS forum member Olegy at this post:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1355443/3d-mts-files-from-a-sony-hdr-td10/90#post_21993982

It is instant playback of 3D without needing to use the camcorder.

The Realtek 1186 players, that I started this thread about, don't do this direct playback of 3D from the camcorder files.

The Sony bluray players such as BDP S480 / S580 S780 will playback disks with the camcorder files in 3D, and so do the Panasonic players. But the Sony S480 does not have an SD slot, so it is not instant playback from an SD card, like the Panasonic BDT220 does.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
post #134 of 141 Old 09-12-2012, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Just had a look back onto this thread after a while, the new Panasonic BD players seem to be what I need, am I right in thinking that they are AVCHD 2.0 compatible? obviously you say they can play back the TD10 files from an SD card which is great, can they also play back AVCHD 2.0 3D discs created in PMB? I previously tested a Sony 480 player and it did play the disc but at a reduced resolution (720p) because it was hooked up to my LG tv, seems crazy that Sony would effectively handicap their machine if it wasn't plugged into one of their own tv sets.

Anyway, really just need to know if those latest Panasonic players can do AVCHD 2.0 from disc without the handicap that the Sony players have, and have it play properly at 1080i50 (i'm in PAL territory).

If so then i'll be getting one pronto! saves any more Vegas encoding.
post #135 of 141 Old 09-13-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporer View Post

Just had a look back onto this thread after a while, the new Panasonic BD players seem to be what I need, am I right in thinking that they are AVCHD 2.0 compatible? obviously you say they can play back the TD10 files from an SD card which is great, can they also play back AVCHD 2.0 3D discs created in PMB? I previously tested a Sony 480 player and it did play the disc but at a reduced resolution (720p) because it was hooked up to my LG tv, seems crazy that Sony would effectively handicap their machine if it wasn't plugged into one of their own tv sets.
Anyway, really just need to know if those latest Panasonic players can do AVCHD 2.0 from disc without the handicap that the Sony players have, and have it play properly at 1080i50 (i'm in PAL territory).
If so then i'll be getting one pronto! saves any more Vegas encoding.

According to the post by Olegy at the link above, the Panny BDT220 plays the AVCHD 2.0 3D bluray burned by the "Play Memories" (updated version of PMB) in 3D. Playback was a bit different than the SD card, since the SD card does not display the list of files. I have not tried this myself yet, and there are other things I am going to be trying soon. I do not know about how a 1080i50 would be handled.

I think that most of the 3D-TVs do not support 1080i60-3D, since this is the AVCHD 2.0 spec. The bluray spec that most 3D-TVs support in via a frame packed HDMI signal is either 10080p24-3D or 720p60.

So besides the SD slot, the difference between the Sony S480 and Panasonic BDT220 is how they make a compatible 3D signal for the majority of 3D TVs, such as LG, that do not support 1080i60-3D directly. The default way that the Sony S480 does this is to make a 720p60-3D signal. The default way that Panasonic BDT220 does this is with a 1080i60-SBS-3D signal. Neither of these retain the full resolution of the original signal. They both are a compromise. I do not know if the Sony can be set to make the SBS signal.

Since 1080i60-3D-SBS retains the full vertical resolution of the TD10, which is 1080 pixels, it is possible that that the SBS converted signal from the Panasonic appears to have more detail, arguably, and discussed in detail in other threads.

Have you checked the menus in the Sony S480 to see if there is any option to make 1080i60-SBS-3D instead of 720p60-3D??

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
post #136 of 141 Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 AM

This is the most amazing thread I have found on the internet discussing this stuff. Spent my Saturday night devouring it.

Sadly I see the 900A is retired and not available for sale anywhere (save for some joker trying to charge $2000 on bing shop).. So the 900B it is. I want to play strictly SBS-H and hopefully SBS full. That is the whole point of this machine. I have a computer that can stream HD so there is no reason I need a player or a box other than 3D.edit Wait, forgot about networking HDD's. That is a good reason alone.

Bought my first Blu-ray and just plan to rip it into whatever format looks best. I want to understand how this stuff works, hands on.

Players are cheap but why invest in something that will eventually be replaced down the road? I wish I had gotten some of those cheap HDVD's they were liquidating a few years go.

Anyhow, PQ will be a big factor which format I use and whether or not my network can handle it. The verdict is DLNA direct via USB because full SBS is too big for ethernet, right?

Lastly is the 900B still popular and being supported or is there now a better model.. possibly cheaper? (we have to order from Hong Kong anymore thank goodness).
post #137 of 141 Old 11-25-2012, 03:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

I think that most of the 3D-TVs do not support 1080i60-3D, since this is the AVCHD 2.0 spec. The bluray spec that most 3D-TVs support in via a frame packed HDMI signal is either 10080p24-3D or 720p60.

Beside the small point, that MVC-based 3D Blu-rays support 1080 24p, 720 60p but also 720 50p, we have to be aware that we are talking about the specification for BD-ROMs here. 1080 24p, 720 50/60p are specified for BD-ROMs only. The good news are, that due to that **every** 3D-Blu-ray Player is able to playback also BD-R and BD-RE with that 1080 24p, 720 50p/60p.

The next part of the story is: The AVCHD 2.0 specification allows also playback of 1080 50i and 1080 60i in s3D. There are some tools today, that allow multiplexed s3D footage in 1080 50i/60i too. Edius 6.52 for example, but also Pinnacle Studio 16, and I think also Cyberlinks PD11. On the player side, only the newer 3D-Blu-ray player are able to playback AVCHD 2.0/3D, and that with 1080 50i/60i too. See the AVCHD 3D thread for that: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437294/the-avchd-3d-thread

For the 3D HDTVs it is imply wrong to say tht they do not support 1080 60i/50i, that is supported by the HDTVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slagbom View Post

I want to play strictly SBS-H and hopefully SBS full. That is the whole point of this machine.

Units like the iconbit or 3D-Prodigy are able to playback MVC-based 3D-BD-ISOs, so up to 2x1920x1080 24p. For sbs-half that is no issue too. I have not seen that sbs-full works with those units really, I think due to restrictions in the processor.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #138 of 141 Old 01-12-2013, 02:54 AM

Hello Friends,
I bought the follow 3D media player from e-bay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Android-1080P-Full-HD-Network-DLNA-MKV-Bluray-ISO-Media-Player-Realtek-1186-/250947964440?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=item3a6daa0e18

In a past week, a try to upload a firmware from egreat player, now my player is bricked. How i can fix this equipment. Somebody with same experience that can help me?
Best regards..!
post #139 of 141 Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 AM

Can the Egreat R6S be flashed with HiMedia or Mede8er Firmware?

I have the HiMedia HD600A, and even though the UI is very plain, it works great.

edit: Where is a good place to purchase the MED600X3D in U.S.?
post #140 of 141 Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trac View Post

Can the Egreat R6S be flashed with HiMedia or Mede8er Firmware?

I have the HiMedia HD600A, and even though the UI is very plain, it works great.

edit: Where is a good place to purchase the MED600X3D in U.S.?

mediaconcept.com (i think) is the official and only US merchant it seems selling the Mede8er products. MED1000X3D is even better then the 600. Just go to Mede8er site and click dealers or whatever at the top then usa and you will ge MediaConcept's site
post #141 of 141 Old 05-26-2013, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A friend of mine just got his hands on the newest Bluetimes player, the c500b. Got it off eBay for $69 (Australian) or thereabouts, it's since gone up to $86. Anyway, it's a Realtek 1186 chipset media player, like the HiMedia I own myself. I thought the functionality would be identical which is why I recommended it to him. What surprised me is that it gives you the option of playing BD ISO's with or without the FULL menu, selecting the menu option gives you the full bluray experience with menus, trailers etc. I though that this was beyond this chipset or is it a firmware thing? Unfortunately though this is a very raw player and there are no firmware updates yet, it has problems playing dual stream ISO's ie those with both 2D and 3D versions of the movie, it only plays the 2D stream. He's contacted Bluetimes and they're getting their engineers to look at it.
If they can fix this problem it looks like a pretty decent player with the aforementioned full menu functionality smile.gif
Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page