No, Sony can't fix it. At least in Europe
I had a TD10, with focus error on the right lens.
I bought it in Austria, and because of EU warranty i send it 3 times to
hungarian service for repair. They changed the right lens completely, tried
to calibrate, etc. but finally i got my cam back worse than it was.
They said i have to go to Sony Austria for replace unit or money back.
The austrian service also tried to fix it 2 times, without luck, so
i have my money back. I wanted to buy a TD20 because the lack
of internal memory of TD30, but this model was discontinued, so
now i have a TD30. It's a lot better (ok, smaller base, but that's all)
Focus is acceptable for me. Rarely i see the left picture sharper, when
there is lot of detail/motion in scene, but i think this is only because of
MVC compression, 28mbps is not enough for such scenes.
So what i like in TD30 after TD10?
- AE shift
- white balance shift
- 3D depth setting to auto (adjust parallax)
- smaller, lighter
- built in lamp
-3 customizable function button
- smaller base (good for macro)
And what i don't like
- smaller base
- slowest zoom speed is still fast, pana can do slower
- no possibility to hide all OSD from the screen
- no manual white balance (or at least lock)
- no filter ring (polar, sunshade, macro, etc)
- 2D display switch - not remember when power on/off
- limit AGC function only in 2D mode
- interlace 3D