HDC-Z10000 combining files larger than 4Gb - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-14-2012, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone had any luck re-combining files from shots over about 10 minutes long (4Gb)?

If you search and play the files in HD Writer XE 1.0, it correctly shows the event as a single shot but if you "edit" it and output the product of the edit you still get multiple files. When cut together (Edius seems to be the only fully reliable though limited option at this time) there is a bad skip at the join but the HD writer software doesn't have that artifact.

A similar function for the Sony TD10 uses PMB but this software doesn't seem to like the Panasonic files.

My files were shot in 3D1080p24 on the HDC-Z10000 and offloaded from the camera using HD writer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-15-2012, 02:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have only limited experience with that - one tool that could be helpful is Vegas, what has an integrated function to access the files and combines separed files from a shoot (for example for the TD10 that works fine) and import the combined files to the harddisk. The Z10000 is seem by Vegas, but there seems to be an issue with the two card slots - Vegas seems to see not the second card. But I have not tried to import larger files yet.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #3 of 3 Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've tried that and unfortunately had myriad problems with Vegas on that and other issues. For instance, it dies at 2% when writing an "=" MVC file (1080p24). It also doesn't address the 6 frame (or so) skip at the seam.

Editorially, I've had much better luck using the recently released demo version of Edius3D. Amongst other things, it reliably renders out a frame-packed 3D-H264 file in around 2-3x the program length (as opposed to Vegas' 14x!).

The issue with re-combining these files is a real one though and Panasonic must give us a tool to deal with it. Obviously Sony recognized it for their cameras and PMB has that functionality built in. I would be more worried if their program (HD Writer) didn't "preview" the join properly so somewhere the data exists.
Reply 3D Source Components

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page